Trinity Western University Employee Review

View all Trinity Western University reviews

Creative and fun workplace with lots of research behind the practice.
Collaborating Instructor MA TESOL Program (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC28 April 2012
A typical day is reading through students summaries and reports and doing the background reading on the articles assigned. There is also some classroom presence required for teaching through the modules of the course and assessing group presentations. Another aspect of the job is consulting with MA students about their research reports, and collaborating with head instructors over marking them.

The job is enjoyable because of the degree of collaborative engagement required by staff and students, but this can also have its frustrations.
intellectually stimulating.
inconsistent scheduling.

Other Trinity Western University Employee Reviews

Good Experience for Students
Departmental Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC4 March 2018
The positions I held at Trinity Western University gave me many skills which are transferable into future careers. As a teaching assistant, the workload is geared around your study schedule.
Nice person and partners meaningful experience
Member of Chinese Student Union (Former Employee) –  Union, ON30 January 2018
It was a meaningful experience that helps me practice how to help people solve conflicts and work with my partners. Although expected during an interaction, the conflict is sometimes allowed to escalate when it should not be the case. There are tried and tested ways of having a disagreement nicely or even preventing it right from the start. Avoidance is usually the best option as it saves time and energy. The five keys to having a civilized conflict are anticipation, prevention, identification, management, and resolution. Since these strategies are only technical nuances and the clash is real and actual, it takes practice to perfect these learned skills. As societies, we cannot avoid altercations. However, we can have those that are constructive and helpful to all parties involved.