Trinity Village Care Centre - LTC ADMINISTRATOR
Trinity Village Care Centre is an accredited non-profit charitable organization that serves 219 residents (150 long term care residents, 34 Temporary Interim residents and Adult Day Program).
Trinity Village’s Mission is to provide a caring community which values and fosters the worth and lifestyle of all. We take great pride in the quality of care provided to our residents and consider Trinity Village Care Centre as being an equally good place to work and to live.
We are looking for a motivated, energetic individual to lead our management team as the Administrator. This Permanent Full Time assignment is for 75 hours bi-weekly, subject to change based on operational needs or under the discretion of the COO.
Reporting to the COO, the Administrator will be accountable for the overall operation of the Long Term Care facility including resident care, departmental teams, labour relations, fiscal performance and compliance with pertinent legislation and standards. You will be supported by an organizational commitment to a best practice workplace, a team of dedicated professionals and state of the art computerized systems, in an attractive up to date working environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote the philosophy of the Home which supports the implementation and maintenance of programs and services to ensure the quality of life for the residents.
- Ensure the implementation and management of best practices supporting resident and staff health, wellness and safety.
- Direct quality improvement initiatives following the continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program.
- Ensure the Home’s financial records are properly maintained and compliance with operational budgets in all departments.
- Responsible for the monitoring, follow up and effective control of attendance management programs including WSIB.
- Ensure the provision of staff orientation and education and promote staff development through effective supervision and ongoing support.
- Ensure effective management and record keeping systems for the operation of the Home.
Knowledge Skills & Experience Required:
- Ontario Long Term Care Administrator's License. Has completed L TCOM course or is enrolled. Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques, including courses or experience in Long Term Care. Previous managerial experience in the Long Term Care setting and knowledge of applicable legislation. Human Resource skills and experience required to handle a variety of interactions.
- Must have knowledge of fundamentals of organization and administration relative to a Long Term Facility; must have working knowledge of all departments of service and their functions.
- Minimum three years relevant management experience in the long-term care industry.
- Experience in public relations and the techniques of dealing successfully with people. Completion of LTCOM or LTCAR Certification.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and familiarity with WSIB claim management, health and safety, and budget management.
- Ability to represent and vote for proxy for Board member at all OLTCA meetings.
- Ability to maintain positive staff relations with effective written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in a unionized environment an asset.
- A post-secondary degree in Health Sciences or related discipline is an asset.
Interested Candidates should email their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by July 15, 2013.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.