POSITION: Hydrovac Truck Operator
REPORTS TO: Underground Supervisor
JOB STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Toronto and Surrounding Areas
EXPERIENCE: Knowledge and ability to work while making safety the number one priority is a must!
- Will execute all work assigned safely
- Loading and unloading of goods; tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo.
- Must be able to plan travel schedule and routes, receive and relay information to supervisor.
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness
- Will perform work including exposing cables and conduits for all utilities via hydrovac system.
- Handle and distribute construction materials, loading and unloading vehicles with supplies, equipment, remove all debris from work sites
- Excavate, backfill and compact earth
- Possibly operate small power tools (e.g. compaction jumping jacks, cut saws, air compressors and generators)
- Will perform all other duties as required by departmental manager
- AZ driver’s license
- Being able to operate heavy equipment (Mini Backhoe, Trencher, Winch, etc.) is an asset
- May be able to climb a twenty and ten foot straight ladder and 28 foot extension ladder weighing 80 pounds
- Must be responsible to maintain a fit condition to bend, kneel and climb
- Must have the dexterity to use hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers, wrenches, pliers, side cutters, etc.)
- Must be able to safely lift loads of 65 lbs
- Must have the flexibility to work in restricted and tight spaces
- Must be able to ensure that deadlines are met to satisfy customer needs
- Must be able to apply due diligence ensuring accuracy in preparing and promptly completing all necessary documentation including purchase requisitions and timesheets
- Must be well organized and be able to work well individually and as part of a team
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Must be willing to travel across Southern Ontario if required.
Trinity Communication Services is the FIRST AND ONLY telecommunication company to receive the Outcomes Award in the IHSA Zero Quest Program. As such, zero incidents is our ongoing goal. The Health and Safety of our employees and customers is one of our core values and is engrained into our company culture.
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company
- Class AZ license is a must
- Must understand and practice defensive driving methods
- Will be accountable to work safely abiding by the rules of the Company, IHSA and Labor
- Must wear all necessary Personal Protective Equipment provided as job function dictates
- Must attend and participate in all required safety training programs
- Must identify all unsafe working conditions and not proceed with work if it endangers the technician, other workers, customers and/or the general public
- Must participate in all Health and Safety efforts
- Will set up and work safely on high traffic roads according to Book 7 standards
- Will work in all weather conditions, day, night, or weekends with possible overnight stays
We offer an exceptional work environment. Management is approachable, ethical and accountable. Innovation is respected, effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for absolutely everyone: zero incidents is the goal. Hours are reasonable, home life is encouraged and remuneration is competitive.
Indeed - 6 months ago