TRINIDAD DRILLING

TRINIDAD DRILLING Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I wish I would have known then what I know now.
Network Administrator (Former Employee), NiskuJune 16, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Poor Management
For my job interview I had to wait a significant amount of time. HR had to apologize for the other parties involved. When I was awarded the job I was given almost 10% less than the minimum salary range. When I had a meeting about my expectations I was instructed to provide help desk. The job description was more for a senior level IT position. A help desk technician was already providing support at the office. Instead I decided that it would be a good idea to learn the job this way. After a month I submitted my job review but didn't receive any feedback. Management's communication and experience in the department was very poor in my opinion of a career of 12 years. I received positive feed back from other user's in the office which validated my work. I never felt valued by the company. Currently I am employed with a different company as an analyst. I can confirm a big difference and I'm very happy to be employed by company that value's the employee.
Great coworkers
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 29, 2015
Trinidad is a great company because they value company morale and they make sure that everyone has plenty of opportunity to get to know one another.
toxic work environment
labor (Former Employee), edmontonApril 1, 2015
Cons: management not approachabl, Grunts and head nods don't go to far, need some more personable management
Some great people and some not to qualified for the current position that they are in. everyone not wanting someone to know more than them, for fear of job loss.
A positive work environment
Derrickhand (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 13, 2015
Pros: The pay checks
Cons: Away from family
- 14 to 20 day shifts on a 12 hour work days
- learned how to operate heavy equipment, pump systems, drilling fluid conditioning, How to work well on a crew of 6 members, Leadership skills and team management.
- Great group of guys, positions are, driller, derrick hand, motorman, 2xroughnecks, lease hand
- Hardest part of the jog is being away from my family for long periods of time
- Most enjoyable part, the satisfaction of a hard days work and of course the pay check
Great work/life balance, non-micro managing
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 7, 2015
Pros: they set you up for success
Cons: sometimes long days, always on call
Great people, great benefits, loved being in the field seeing the guys and getting to know them. Management was always supportive and helpful. Best part was being able to be home every night, in most cases and having family time.
Extremely productive fast paced work there was no time to stand around
Lease Hand (Former Employee), Dawson Creek BCMarch 6, 2015
My job was to keep the Rig as clean as possible. Organizing tools, keeping the rig floor clean, washing buildings inside and out, and making sure everything is in its proper place. On top of that they had me working the floor most of the time. You have to keep a keen eye out for anything that seems out of the normal to prevent it from becoming a bigger problem. As well as helping out anyone who needed a extra pair of hands trying to learn as much as possible.
Definitely good, could be worse.
Floorhand (Current Employee), Nisku, ABMarch 3, 2015
Pros: sometimes on-site camp and still get full loa
Cons: dont always get time to eat lunch.. need to pack lots of drinks or quick snacks
Definitely tons to learn, and keeps you on your toes. I have learned soo much about everything. Good place for lots of money, but doesn't have great work/life balance. Don't always get treated the greatest as you are extremely disposable, and do not get heard too much. The people you work with are definitely a great asset, very good people willing to help you on your way.
hard work
Derrik Hand (Former Employee), Hope, BCJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
Every day on a drilling rig can be a surprise so it keeps you on your toes and your always moving . The pay was great but there were always risks involved . Loved the hard work
Hard, Dangerous work. Low moral
Motorman (Current Employee), northern albertaMarch 28, 2014
Working on the rigs was a huge goal of mine to accomplish.
The work was much harder than I had anticipated, but I found complacentcy very quicky and advanced quickly. The money is great but Im looking for a more stable career in the city where I can build a career and be closer to friends and family.
Tough but Rewarding
Floor Hand (Former Employee), Nisku, ABAugust 13, 2013
Hardest part about the job was the long days with little to no breaks. Many people only last days or even hours on the oil rigs, but I found the hardest days to be the most rewarding. My boss and crew made the first couple weeks hell, but as soon as you show them your not just there for a quick pay cheque they treat you like a brother. Overall, my time with Trinidad Drilling was a blast!
Great when its busy, Bad when slow
MOTORS - DRILLER (Current Employee), Nisku, ABJuly 9, 2013
Cons: more worried about the bottom line, and investor relations
Been with them for 4 years. Great company, awesome office admins.

They seem to favour certain rigs when it comes to rig repairs, and special want list requests. if your not on one of there "chosen" rigs, your basically working on a "back burner" rig.

Makes it harder to find work in the slow season
Wish I was still there
LEASE HAND (Former Employee), Nisku, ABOctober 1, 2012
Pros: great people, see the world
Cons: get shot at, not super great pay
Amazing career. Wish I was still doing it. Was an MP for 5 years. Hard on alot of families but also very doable.

January 17, 2013

I need a job on oil rig have any phone number

Great job
Fitter/Welder (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: not enough hours
Really good job great people spend alot of time fitting from blue prints showed new guys how to do there work easily we worked 6 days a week five 12s and one 8 but slowed down to four 10s with layoffs.

About TRINIDAD DRILLING

It's not the Caribbean but North America that is the focus of Trinidad Drilling (formerly Trinidad Energy Services Income Trust). – Read more

TRINIDAD DRILLING Photos

My friend!!
My Rig, My Team, My house !!
Amaneciendo  en el desierto !!