TRINIDAD DRILLING Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
DRILLER / TOOLPUSH (Former Employee) –  ALBERTA14 May 2016
I would refer this company to any one. They are great to work for. They are based out of Nisku , Alberta but work can be anywhere throughout Alberta.
Great crew to work with.
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC22 March 2016
A typical days work starts with the drive to the rig. You change into your work gear and then you have your change over meeting. After that you take over where your cross shift partner left off. Your usually keeping the rig clean and attending to things that are needing attention. There are days that you trip pipe and days that you don't. the days that you don't, your usually cleaning and fixing things. The days you are tripping, you are pretty busy, wet and dirty.
Pros
Great Crew and great attitudes.
Cons
Driving back to camp after tripping pipe.
A great company to work for that definately promoted from within. No job was out of reach.
Safety and Apprentice Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB7 March 2016
I was extremely busy at Trinidad, however the days would fly by. I had many different tasks to complete (some weekly/monthly deadlines) so it was a matter of what I decided to do that day. My tasks might have been repetitive however the amount of tasks I juggled made each day different, which was nice. Always challenging for sure.

I dealt with a large amount of employees so a variety of personalities were always a given. This made this both the hardest and most enjoyable parts of my day.
Pros
Allowed for personal growth
Cons
Dependant on world politics
Better options out there
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB24 February 2016
The office end of the company seemed to be run poorly. They did have good equipment and were building lots of new rigs at the time. The drilling industry is very sporadic.
Very good place to work at
Relief Rig Manager (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB16 February 2016
My days were very long I was on call 24 hours a day A typical days work would getting up at 4:45 A.M. have a coffee make out my report from the day before on the computer send it to my boss than I would talk to him then I would go out to the rig floor and have a safety meeting with both crews (crew change) than discuss work to be done then walk around rig and check things out make sure every thing is going good then we would have another safety meeting @ 6:30 P.M. with both crews one crew change you learn something every day Worked with very good people and management The hardest part of my job was leaving the rig to go on days of I loved my job and working with people always met new people
Pros
Good Crews
Great drilling company
Rig Hand (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB5 November 2015
I've worked for Trinidad as a rig hand as well as a third party contractor, and they are well organized, fair and a pleasure to do business with. Their administrative team are helpful and responsive. Overall great company.
very good company
floorhand (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC3 November 2015
very good company to work for ! Great atmosphere , great fly in out career . good management. i learnt great teamwork skills as well as time managment and self motivation skills
Learned about bottom hole preassures an fluid mud returnes
Lease Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2015
Was good learning a lot of stuff, Learned about different tools to work with, and lots of assembling and taking stuff apart, maintaining equipment so things will stay running properly, lots of cleaning so use to making environment a nice work place.
Productive and good working environment
Derrick Hand (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB10 September 2015
Typical day consisted of 12 hr shifts days/nights. Show up well rested and ready for anything because anything can happen in the oilfield. No set lunch/coffee breaks, eat on the go or have a break when there were periods of down time, which was usually more then enough time. Learned respect, responsibility, discipline, hard work and to take pride in every part of the job. The majority of people out there are pretty reasonable to work with, obviously there are some difficult people. no human beings are the exact same. Hardest part of the job, working summer days in the heat, and coldest days in the winter but it is easy to be prepared for any situation. Most enjoyable part of the day was the end of the day :)
Pros
We arent just a #
Cons
when people constantly quit and cant keep any steady hands
good place to work
Derrick Hand (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB17 June 2015
long hours, learned lots from management, had pretty good people to work with, weather conditions sometimes hot and cold
Pros
work
Cons
being away from home
Great coworkers
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2015
Trinidad is a great company because they value company morale and they make sure that everyone has plenty of opportunity to get to know one another.
toxic work environment
labor (Former Employee) –  edmonton1 April 2015
Some great people and some not to qualified for the current position that they are in. everyone not wanting someone to know more than them, for fear of job loss.
Cons
management not approachabl, Grunts and head nods don't go to far, need some more personable management
A positive work environment
Derrickhand (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2015
- 14 to 20 day shifts on a 12 hour work days
- learned how to operate heavy equipment, pump systems, drilling fluid conditioning, How to work well on a crew of 6 members, Leadership skills and team management.
- Great group of guys, positions are, driller, derrick hand, motorman, 2xroughnecks, lease hand
- Hardest part of the jog is being away from my family for long periods of time
- Most enjoyable part, the satisfaction of a hard days work and of course the pay check
Pros
The pay checks
Cons
Away from family
Great work/life balance, non-micro managing
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB7 March 2015
Great people, great benefits, loved being in the field seeing the guys and getting to know them. Management was always supportive and helpful. Best part was being able to be home every night, in most cases and having family time.
Pros
They set you up for success
Cons
Sometimes long days, always on call
Extremely productive fast paced work there was no time to stand around
Lease Hand (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek BC6 March 2015
My job was to keep the Rig as clean as possible. Organizing tools, keeping the rig floor clean, washing buildings inside and out, and making sure everything is in its proper place. On top of that they had me working the floor most of the time. You have to keep a keen eye out for anything that seems out of the normal to prevent it from becoming a bigger problem. As well as helping out anyone who needed a extra pair of hands trying to learn as much as possible.
Definitely good, could be worse.
Floorhand (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB3 March 2015
Definitely tons to learn, and keeps you on your toes. I have learned soo much about everything. Good place for lots of money, but doesn't have great work/life balance. Don't always get treated the greatest as you are extremely disposable, and do not get heard too much. The people you work with are definitely a great asset, very good people willing to help you on your way.
Pros
sometimes on-site camp and still get full LOA
Cons
dont always get time to eat lunch.. need to pack lots of drinks or quick snacks
hard work
Derrik Hand (Former Employee) –  Hope, BC28 July 2014
Every day on a drilling rig can be a surprise so it keeps you on your toes and your always moving . The pay was great but there were always risks involved . Loved the hard work
Pros
great pay
Hard, Dangerous work. Low moral
Motorman (Current Employee) –  northern alberta28 March 2014
Working on the rigs was a huge goal of mine to accomplish.
The work was much harder than I had anticipated, but I found complacentcy very quicky and advanced quickly. The money is great but Im looking for a more stable career in the city where I can build a career and be closer to friends and family.
Tough but Rewarding
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB13 August 2013
Hardest part about the job was the long days with little to no breaks. Many people only last days or even hours on the oil rigs, but I found the hardest days to be the most rewarding. My boss and crew made the first couple weeks hell, but as soon as you show them your not just there for a quick pay cheque they treat you like a brother. Overall, my time with Trinidad Drilling was a blast!
Great when its busy, Bad when slow
MOTORS - DRILLER (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 July 2013
Been with them for 4 years. Great company, awesome office admins.

They seem to favour certain rigs when it comes to rig repairs, and special want list requests. if your not on one of there "chosen" rigs, your basically working on a "back burner" rig.

Makes it harder to find work in the slow season
Cons
more worried about the bottom line, and investor relations

4.2