The Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for providing general human resource support including assistance in the areas of recruitment, performance management and discipline, terms and conditions of employment, and global mobility for the corporate office. The Human Resource Generalist will also assist on all projects within the Corporate Human Resources Department.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Supports the Corporate HR Office with day to day transactional HR related issues and activities, including:
- Recruitment and staffing
- Performance management
- Onboarding and orientation
- Employee relations support
- Data integrity, compliance, analytics and reporting
- Preparation and distribution of annual processes such as code of conduct, anti-bribery policy renewal, and yearly field agreement renewals etc.
- Review, prepare and submit yearly survey data such as PSAC, and Mercer reports
Assisting and advising employees and managers regarding HR procedures and policy interpretation, employee relations, performance management;
- Supporting leaders with transactional activities relating to HR changes such as preparing offers of promotion and transfers;
- Assisting as required with the staff orientation program;
- Participates in the completion of various special projects related to HR within the specified guidelines;
- Collaborates with divisional HR Generalists to ensure the improvement and standardization of HR policies, processes and documents;
- Manages and maintains shared HR drive;
- Act as the central administrator for HR systems including the maintenance and audit of permission roles, system upgrades, and divisional requirements for the HR components of ATS and NAV.
- Coordinates and manages HR analytics and reporting, responsible for monthly reporting (metrics, analytics);
- Work with managers and external agencies to search for, screen and interview candidates;
- Provide support and advice on recruitment to departmental managers;
- Advise managers on best practice recruitment and selection; prepare job descriptions;
- Write job advertisements and decide how and where jobs are advertised;
- Design or revise application forms, including developing online processes;
- Manage internal ATS and external web Job Board postings;
- Coordinate the processing of work visas and employee transfer packages;
- Develop and maintain a database of international assignments and track individuals so that required human resource actions are initiated;
- Manage the organization’s immigration process for employees travelling/working out of their home country specifically including the acquisition of appropriate immigration documents, assisting in the resolution of issues that restrict employee movement; consulting with legal advisors and immigration specialists in the determination of the most effective methods to use;
- Manage the tracking and reporting of immigration related permits and travel documents for expatriate employees;
- Identifying travel and immigration related requirements for international projects and assignments and developing procedures to ensure that expatriate employees meet all regulatory and policy requirements;
- Provide support to operational management for out-of-country assignments by coordinating employee recruitment, employee logistics and relocation as required;
- Providing generalist human resources support and advice to international project teams and resolving employee concerns or issues related to expatriate assignments as required;
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Bachelor degree in Business, with a major in Human Resources or Organizational Behavior;
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role; energy services experience would be an asset;
- Well-developed time management skills along with excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills, client service skills, and the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment are necessary.
- Strong influence and negotiation skills;
- Good judgment and decision-making skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office;
- Demonstration of flexibility, innovation and professionalism;
- The ability to work both as a team member and independently, handle multiple priorities with a high degree of accuracy in a fast paced and dynamic environment is critical.