Trimble Navigation Limited

Trimble Navigation Limited Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible Training - Need people skills
Data Entry (Former Employee), Westminster CoNovember 19, 2014
Cons: bad management - training - people skills
This company was strange, the training was minimal and you need to look everything up on how to do your job from training docs. The hands on training terrible (because it's minimal), the people skills in my dept. terrible. Being yelled at and bad attitude if you ask questions on how to do the job or have questions. Prayed to get out of this place and – more... quick! Temp employees never staying, people are always being let go. I felt like I was being bullied by grown ups, never have I been treated like I was at this place. I have worked in Government, Aerospace industries and never have I been trained or treated like they treated me here.
Open floor, no privacy, can hear everyone's conversations. Loud workplace, people talking about each other and their work habits, how they are going to review their work and the scores they are going to give them and why, very uncomfortable and strange. – less
Avoid!
Engineer (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNOctober 8, 2014
Pros: none. only cons.
Cons: numerous. please see review.
Company does not know how to run a schedule.

Planning is a 3 week horizon. Extremely poor coordination of effort.

Schedules and engineering decisions are blown out of the water. Very Disruptive.

Micromanaging very prevalent.

All Hardware decisions are based on lowest cost. Hardware reliability and durability suffers.

Many Senior Managers are nontechnical – more... and don’t know how to develop Hardware.

Top down style of management. Get ready to speak your mind and not have it listened to.

The Blame game is alive and well.

Poor offshore suppliers. Can’t fire ‘em. Only out the door cost is emphasized. – less
Good company overall / lower pay / low raises
Marketing / Customer Service (Current Employee), Westminster, COMay 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers are nice & willing to help
Cons: low to average salaries / very low raises
Job culture is good. People are helpful, and usually willing to help. But as with any large company, you get lost in the shuffle. It's who you know if you want to move up. Salaries are low to average. Raises are rarely more than 2%. Management in my area seem to be after their own success, not yours. Good luck moving up!
Managment without experience, poor organization
Material Handler/Receiving/Driver (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 31, 2014
Cons: poor managment, organization and benefits.
Management tended to be people that had been there the longest and didn't have management training. Poor organization.

I learned Oracle, Word, Excel, forklifts, and box truck driving.

Workers tended to be unhappy and disgruntled..
Good people to work with.
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee), Huber Heights, OHMarch 18, 2013
Pros: nice work atmosphere.
Cons: low pay and a lot of hours at the end of every quarter.
Fun easy-going atmosphere with great people to work with. There have been a lot of changes in the past year both good and bad. Not a lot of room for growth. I am a lot better at growing than I ever was before. I have learned a lot about myself at this job. The hardest part is watching good employees leave for better jobs or Trimble not hiring them as – more... a full-time employee. Management does not relay information to the employees in a timely manner. – less
A great place to work
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMarch 6, 2013
Great co-workers and good boss. Opportunity to attend training and advance career path. It can be stressful due to business performance and interface with customers.