Trimac Transportation

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazing co-workers
Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 10, 2013
stressful at times. But the people you work with make it all worth while
Pros
excellent environment
Lots of Potential
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2013
- The best part about this company is the fantastic front line staff who you get to work with on a day to day basis.
- Flexible hours are offered in most departments which can accommodate family, additional employment, extra-curricular activities or schooling.
- The ideas that management has in regards to corporate culture and company values are fantastic, however it's not implemented in most areas of the company.
- The salary is low compared to market, and only upper management receive bonuses.
Pros
the people
Cons
the salary
lots of work.good money
1A Tanker driver (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 22, 2013
i like working here but i find my home life suffers...but you can earn great money here.
Pros
money, los of hours
Cons
too many hours, neverending work load
bagel Wednesdays were nice, but the hours and no pay are ridiculous
Traffic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJune 10, 2013
excellent co-workers
poor equipment
excellent support system from co-workers
extremely long hours
lacking communication on directives
Pros
bagel wednesdays
Cons
extremelyy long hours, with no overtime
Great employer
Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 7, 2013
I learned so much at Trimac but having just graduated from school I needed to find a different job with a higher salary.
Cons
parking
This Company Is A Joke!
mechanic (Former Employee) –  dundasMay 2, 2013
This company is a joke, the shop manger has no idea what hes doing, honestly not really sure he knows what a truck is. The shope as some good people working there but have all stopped caring after dealing with the company for so long. the only people that should even think of working for this company are people with no skills and can shut there brains off and listen to a boss that has no idea what hes doing. Its a place to go to end your work life and never do any real work. If your not working there but thinking about it RUN!!
Pros
no pros!
Cons
all cons: you will hate your life there!
This place is a nightmare
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dundas OntarioApril 30, 2013
I have worked at this Dundas branch and it is a complete joke.
The management is the most dishonest and unorganized people I have worked with. Everybody in the shop is miserable because of the shop manager who is a complete idiot!
Pros
no pros only cons.
Cons
see review
not to bad
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2013
12-14 hours a day learned how to operate pneumatic equipment
Pros
fleable hours
Cons
sleeping in a bunk
Wanting to sale and get out of my truck .
Transport Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONFebruary 19, 2013
Would like to work closier to home not enjoy having my truck. Am a very hard working people and get along with other . Will work day, after and midnight whatever I need to do.
Pros
like working with people
Cons
will work long hours
a typical day at work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 10, 2013
The day starts and you have to look no further then management as the problems start from the top and work their way down, management should never be in a compitition and that is going on,they train you one way at TLC but at the terminal they do the oppisite. The new trucks are garbage in every facet and till they let me go i believe 5 drivers went down with back issues and they dont care.When i first started there was huge mural everybody was great but then they brought in new management and changed things and it went down hill quick,you try just to do your work but it is hard when your lied to right after you arrive at work and then have to deal with things you need to do the job gone from your trailers so it is demorilizing and the moral goes down.I thought the world Of Trimac when i started then came tLC and i even thought that much more of the company but what a huge dissappointment. I will not make excuses for the mistakes i made leading up to my dismissal but I would never recommend them to anybody either. It was a huge let down in my life as a truck driver.
Cons
everything you can think of.
Good place to work and excellent co-workers.
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burlington, OntarioJanuary 12, 2013
Wonderful coworkers.
Good culture.
Very busy and full days.
Very large work load.
Every body is ready and willing to help.
Pros
wonderful coworkers.
Nice and Quiet
Tax & Licensing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2012
Some management were friendly, and some were stingy
Was there as a temp
Was critized alot for being free, when I had all my work completed far in advanced and at 100 percent completion.
Management in the Licencing Department was very strict and wanted to know everyones personal life and then used it against us.

Pay wasn't great for the amount of work I did and that I completed it early and way before the deadline.

Would start at 8 am to 4pm and half hour lunch
Pros
potluck every fridays
Cons
not enough time to eat lunch
Good company with great potential
Billing and Settlement Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington OntDecember 13, 2012
Trimac's safety standards and programs are second to none in the industry, they have won several safety awards highlighting their accomplishments.
The addition of the manager of process optimization will aid in beginning to define roles and responsibilities and departmental clarity. The lines are blurred in that regard at the present time.
I have learned some transportation terminology and billing and met some knowledgeable and dedicated people. I have instituted one on ones with all my staff and been able to deliver on some deliverables that have been promised in the past but never followed through on.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
communication
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONDecember 10, 2012
This position was a 24-7 job. My focus was mainly on making sure that the drivers and staff were safe and that they always came home to their families.
Management is very easy to talk to and helpful.
I had very good and respectful employee's.
Hardest part of the job was just being on call all the time.
The job also allowed me some travel to various terminals to listen and learn new things.
The most enjoyable part of my job was listening and learning everyday about something new that I could use as a tool to make all aspects of my job better and easier and most of all safer.
If I learn one thing from being an employee of Trimac is safety is always first.
Pros
travel, cell phone paid for, laptop, 24 help desk service
Cons
Fast paced, daily time demands on fuel board
Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops,BCOctober 16, 2012
This job offered a great work schedule in a modified 4 on 4 off shift and 10 hour days. There were pressures of getting the afternoon shifts planned before 12:00 but a good support to make the required planning chooses.
good place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2012
hope i can work for them in the feuter hope they get more contracts