Trimac Transportation

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews in Canada

not to bad
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2013
12-14 hours a day learned how to operate pneumatic equipment
Pros
fleable hours
Cons
sleeping in a bunk
Wanting to sale and get out of my truck .
Transport Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONFebruary 19, 2013
Would like to work closier to home not enjoy having my truck. Am a very hard working people and get along with other . Will work day, after and midnight whatever I need to do.
Pros
like working with people
Cons
will work long hours
a typical day at work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 10, 2013
The day starts and you have to look no further then management as the problems start from the top and work their way down, management should never be in a compitition and that is going on,they train you one way at TLC but at the terminal they do the oppisite. The new trucks are garbage in every facet and till they let me go i believe 5 drivers went down with back issues and they dont care.When i first started there was huge mural everybody was great but then they brought in new management and changed things and it went down hill quick,you try just to do your work but it is hard when your lied to right after you arrive at work and then have to deal with things you need to do the job gone from your trailers so it is demorilizing and the moral goes down.I thought the world Of Trimac when i started then came tLC and i even thought that much more of the company but what a huge dissappointment. I will not make excuses for the mistakes i made leading up to my dismissal but I would never recommend them to anybody either. It was a huge let down in my life as a truck driver.
Cons
everything you can think of.

Comment – April 4, 2013

So sorry to hear about your experience. I am looking to begin a career in the trucking industry. Any suggestions? I read earlier comments and saw that Trimac was union. Was this benefit? What companies would you suggest I drive for? Who should I stay away from?

Good place to work and excellent co-workers.
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Burlington, OntarioJanuary 12, 2013
Wonderful coworkers.
Good culture.
Very busy and full days.
Very large work load.
Every body is ready and willing to help.
Pros
wonderful coworkers.
Nice and Quiet
Tax & Licensing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2012
Some management were friendly, and some were stingy
Was there as a temp
Was critized alot for being free, when I had all my work completed far in advanced and at 100 percent completion.
Management in the Licencing Department was very strict and wanted to know everyones personal life and then used it against us.

Pay wasn't great for the amount of work I did and that I completed it early and way before the deadline.

Would start at 8 am to 4pm and half hour lunch
Pros
potluck every fridays
Cons
not enough time to eat lunch
Good company with great potential
Billing and Settlement Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington OntDecember 13, 2012
Trimac's safety standards and programs are second to none in the industry, they have won several safety awards highlighting their accomplishments.
The addition of the manager of process optimization will aid in beginning to define roles and responsibilities and departmental clarity. The lines are blurred in that regard at the present time.
I have learned some transportation terminology and billing and met some knowledgeable and dedicated people. I have instituted one on ones with all my staff and been able to deliver on some deliverables that have been promised in the past but never followed through on.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
communication
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONDecember 10, 2012
This position was a 24-7 job. My focus was mainly on making sure that the drivers and staff were safe and that they always came home to their families.
Management is very easy to talk to and helpful.
I had very good and respectful employee's.
Hardest part of the job was just being on call all the time.
The job also allowed me some travel to various terminals to listen and learn new things.
The most enjoyable part of my job was listening and learning everyday about something new that I could use as a tool to make all aspects of my job better and easier and most of all safer.
If I learn one thing from being an employee of Trimac is safety is always first.
Pros
travel, cell phone paid for, laptop, 24 help desk service
Cons
Fast paced, daily time demands on fuel board
Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops,BCOctober 16, 2012
This job offered a great work schedule in a modified 4 on 4 off shift and 10 hour days. There were pressures of getting the afternoon shifts planned before 12:00 but a good support to make the required planning chooses.
good place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2012
hope i can work for them in the feuter hope they get more contracts