Trimac Transportation

Trimac Transportation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice and Quiet
Tax & Licensing Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2012
Pros: potluck every fridays
Cons: not enough time to eat lunch
Some management were friendly, and some were stingy
Was there as a temp
Was critized alot for being free, when I had all my work completed far in advanced and at 100 percent completion.
Management in the Licencing Department was very strict and wanted to know everyones personal life and then used it against us.

Pay wasn't great for the amount of work – more... I did and that I completed it early and way before the deadline.

Would start at 8 am to 4pm and half hour lunch – less
Good company with great potential
Billing and Settlement Manager (Current Employee), Burlington OntDecember 13, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: communication
Trimac's safety standards and programs are second to none in the industry, they have won several safety awards highlighting their accomplishments.
The addition of the manager of process optimization will aid in beginning to define roles and responsibilities and departmental clarity. The lines are blurred in that regard at the present time.
I have learned – more... some transportation terminology and billing and met some knowledgeable and dedicated people. I have instituted one on ones with all my staff and been able to deliver on some deliverables that have been promised in the past but never followed through on. – less
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONDecember 10, 2012
Pros: travel, cell phone paid for, laptop, 24 help desk service
Cons: long hours
This position was a 24-7 job. My focus was mainly on making sure that the drivers and staff were safe and that they always came home to their families.
Management is very easy to talk to and helpful.
I had very good and respectful employee's.
Hardest part of the job was just being on call all the time.
The job also allowed me some travel to various – more... terminals to listen and learn new things.
The most enjoyable part of my job was listening and learning everyday about something new that I could use as a tool to make all aspects of my job better and easier and most of all safer.
If I learn one thing from being an employee of Trimac is safety is always first. – less
Fast paced, daily time demands on fuel board
Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee), Kamloops,BCOctober 16, 2012
This job offered a great work schedule in a modified 4 on 4 off shift and 10 hour days. There were pressures of getting the afternoon shifts planned before 12:00 but a good support to make the required planning chooses.
good place
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 14, 2012
hope i can work for them in the feuter hope they get more contracts
Was an okey place to work.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), 3710 cane run rdJuly 18, 2014
Enjoyed the job, but got layed off due to lack of work. The job wasnt hard at all. Billing, copying papers.
Hauling Cement
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 27, 2014
Pros: rarely saw a boss
Cons: accounting did not fix their mistakes on payroll
I pulled a pneumatic tank, delivering bulk cement to various ready mix plants throughout Oklahoma and Texas.
great place to work
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 16, 2014
Pros: you can move up quickly
trimac is a great place to work a typical day consist of cleaning 18 wheeler tankers.The job advancment is great the mangers treat you with tons of respect.The co workers are team players, and the most enjoyable part is the knowledge you gain
Great work environment
Anonymous (Former Employee), BayportMay 14, 2014
Pros: open door policy
Cons: open door policy
Overall great company. Although, exposure to the good ol' boy network. It's not what you know but who you know.
Not a good place to work
Assistant Wash Rack Supervisor (Former Employee), La Porte, TXApril 29, 2014
Cons: bad management
Good old boy place to work, had to be a friend of someone to get any place at company..
Management was genuine and thoughtful.
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYApril 16, 2014
Pros: lots of extras, good money, driver appreciation
Cons: lots of work available, hard to get time off (unless it was related to medical)
As hard as it is to be an OTR Professional Driver, this company was hard to say goodbye to. Always treated with respect.
technician
Wash Rack Technician (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 20, 2014
A great place to utlize the things i learned in college and to put them to use and learn more for my future.
not worth it
i.c (Former Employee), san antonio txMarch 15, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: lies
missleading, inconsistant work ,poor management,dispatch calls you when ever, or not at all,never made any where the money i was told,loss of time and money
Good people at Geismar facility at one time
Sr. Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee), Geismar, LAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: stability
Cons: commute
High energy job with good people at one time. Atmosphere changed making it difficult to advance.
Good but not Great!
Administrative Assitant (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2014
The overall company is a good company. Management does value and show appreciation to certian employees and not all employees. My typical work day is that I can never get my own work accomplished becuase I have people coming up to me to assist them with other things not in my job description. I should be considered Office Administrator for all of the – more... work that I do in the company. – less
enjoyable
Driver (Former Employee), Lansing, ILJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: good truck
Cons: no cons
good company to work for typical day long learned new city no co worker hard part about job no home time
Good maintenance program.
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Cleveland, UTJanuary 22, 2014
Overall the company has a good maintenance program lined up for their fleet, but the branch I worked for was in a bad location so any commercial work was very hard to get which in turn I believe added to the closure of the branch.
Good learning experience
Washrack Technician (Current Employee), Wellford, SCOctober 29, 2013
Pros: outside
Cons: dealing with hot and cold weather
Going in at work and seeing what trailers are on the yard and what product was last contained. Then find out what trailers are needed and wash those trailers according to what is on them.
Good company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Benicia, CAOctober 6, 2013
Good company, clean work but did not like pay scale. Decent runs.
Great Co-Workers
Truck Driver (Former Employee), CAJune 7, 2013
Pros: great food with family outings.
Cons: a lot of dangerous faucilities to deliver to.
Immense knowledge gained in Air Separation field,working with refrigerated liquid and Haz-Mats.

About Trimac Transportation

From its inception in 1945, Trimac Transportation has consistently sought and achieved industry leadership, and has a proven reputation – Read more

Trimac Transportation Photos