Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Very interesting
Interim Executive Assistant to CEO - (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2015
Replaced an employee and cleaned up their mess and undone work. Very interesting work. I worked hard and long hours and was overlooked for permanent hiring.
Pros
Interesting work
Top in its class
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canada17 September 2015
Great Company, well oiled machine if you will with great levels of expertise and field experience. I enjoyed the "people" the most, from new to seasoned drivers, trainers and most management. There are many opportunities with the company but unfortunately one manager's personal opinion may effect your career development rather than skill. The most challenging part of my job was dealing with some poor, ineffective leaders and having little to no support in fostering the necessary changes. Most rewarding would have be to see an individual accomplish his/her goals, such as a technician obtaining his AZ or a company driver becoming an owner operator and purchasing his first truck. I guess I am a sucker for happy endings...
Like everywhere you have to take the good with the bad.
Pros
Leader in the industry
Cons
Lack of training for new hires other than drivers and not enough emphasis on career development
great place to work as a driver and o/p
Cop/driver then became o/p (Former Employee) –  Clarkson On.28 August 2015
Learned a lot about hauling liquids from sugar to liquid nitro.Management great to work with. Being to clear different load brought up from states into Canada.
Pros
Grate learning exp
Cons
great miles
productive and approachable workplace,
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  saskatoon SK12 August 2015
the ability to make decision by myself rather than being told what I should or shouldn't t do by the shop Foreman, how to getting the jobs done in a timely fashion and a professional manner, I found that i could approach anyone that I worked with if I ran into a problem with the job that I was doing, the most difficult part of the job I found was remembering weather the part were within the warranty period and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting hand on and left to my own devices rather than someone constantly looking over my shoulder.
Pros
approachable collages and management
challenging, fast pace, new learning curve
Traffic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 July 2015
learns a lot working here regarding trucking industry , makes me eager to learn and achieve more.

learned a lot specially at management level.

friendly and co operative co workers which makes it lot easier to work and learn new things
Pros
nice working environment, friendly co workers
Cons
have to be on call 24 hour (that makes it more challenging)
Fast pace environment, customer service skills, computer literacy.
Traffic supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON25 June 2015
Long but rewarding work hours, trained to perfection on industry and company standards, great teamwork when required from all dispatch employees, on call for minimum one week per month, received tons of "hands on learning".
Pros
Great salary/ pension
Cons
On call duties
older equipment
Driver and owner opertator (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC25 May 2015
not bad for co drivers, sucks for lease operators
at least the have a pension plan, general good place to work, excellent for a younger person
good benefits
Asset Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta17 May 2015
- appreciated my three years employment

- good work experience

- progressive company stays current with technology

- made friends there, good people
Pros
easy commute
Generally a good place to work
Driver Instructor/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton15 April 2015
A reputable company but they are under going some major changes, all about the bottom line and losing focus on a company that was very family oriented.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Multiple management changes
Disorginized
Hr and Payrolk (Former Employee) –  Calgary15 April 2015
Poor Management. Dont follow through on commitments. Not to be trusted Cancelled contract because didnt want to pay agency fee.
Too much politics
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2015
It was a good place to work , first time i worked for such a big company .but at that place there was a too much politics within the staff.
Pros
Free lunches on friday
Cons
contract job
Decent place to work depending on the branch
Fuel Hauler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2015
I was content with my position minus the management.
Tonnes of gossip & drama
Dispatchers were the best
Was Very unfairly treated by management
Pros
Flexible work schedules
New Hire Mislead by Management and Dispatchers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Trail15 February 2015
Hired as a driver and was told many things, that after three months never appeared.
Recommend other drivers to use caution when applying and get things in writing. Dispatchers and managers are just as disconnected from the drivers as any other company.
Typical company that blames the drivers first before looking within.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list, do your due digilence and check.
Big company with small company feel
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ontario10 January 2015
Is the place perfect No.

Like anything there's good and bad, my last five years have been outweighed with good.

Almost everyone reading this will face a personal or family emergency sometime in there working career. Trimac is hands down the most helpful and understanding while their employees face difficult times.

A lot of companies preach safety As well as Trimac yet they practice what they preach and safety is truly a core value for Trimac.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Fun workplace
NATIONAL ACCOUNTS DIRECTOR NTS (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2014
Apparent empowerment.
Profit culture, shareholders come first, delighted customers after.
Great co-workers.
Management lacks vision, strategy.
Excellent people to work with
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 December 2014
Very nice atmosphere , enjoyable people to work for and with. Always learning new things on the job. Family oriented. Everyone looks out for each other. All - n - All a great place to work!
overall good place to work
Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL1 December 2014
typica day is quite busy dealing with customers, organizing drivers and performing other administrative duties. co workers were great, the most enjoyable part for me was dealing with drivers nad customers
Pros
great co workers
Managment Politics horrible
Cryogenics Technician (Former Employee) –  Wyneta BC6 August 2014
Overall ok workplace just politics of management was not good.
Fuel divison Sherwood Park
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sherwood park25 July 2014
I worked for the fuel division that place is a complete gong show, the manager is the biggest dummy in that office I dont think that man knows his left hand from his right. So disorganized, half the equipment should be taken off the road. Its a free for all there you cant come to work and enjoy your day because people steal your hoses off your trailers and you need to spend half your morning hunting down gear. But again if you dont want to go to jail because you want to drag that manager outside and sweap the parking lot with him id advice against the place. Most people quit because of him Trimac would smell the roses and fire him.
Pros
Nome
Cons
Great company to work for
Branch Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray AB.3 July 2014
I was the only clerk for this particular branch. My duties included anything to do with administration; purchase orders, scanning of daily work orders, flights and transportation for employee's. Maintained weekly reports for upper management, answering phones. Taking minutes and following up with reports. Ordering office supplies. Filing, the use of different programs such as Oracle Transman. I also dealt with discrepancies in pay with employee's in a timely manner.

I enjoyed working for Trimac, fantastic employee's and management. Supportive and room for growth. Always learning and they take pride in their employee's.

2.9