Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Never again.....
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB8 July 2016
Never again would I apply as a o/o at Trimac. Not much money to be made.
Calgary management is enjoying their year end bonuses I'm sure. Meanwhile drivers & o/o scrape to get by.
Pros
Lots of miles, good dispatch
Cons
Horrible mileage rates, $1200 - $1800 / year to park in their SP yard, Depends if you want power or not, Plates & Registration are high costs, They have no problem taking your last dollar.
Great company
Chemical TransferTechnician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 July 2016
Best company to work for! the management is really good and fair and treats their employees great. Good location as well, situated in langley
Pros
company always buys food
Cons
sometimes there wasnt alot to do
Very nice place to work while i was their
Red Seal CT Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC30 June 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Trimac. Only reason i left is because management changed and he was not that nice. overall my time their was good
An amazing company to work for!
Assistant Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2016
I loved working for Trimac and Rentway as they gave me the opportunity to gain work experience and grow with the company, all while continue my education at night.
Pros
I was able to advance in job opportunities
Poor management
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 April 2016
Low moral due to dictatorial leadership. Company stock decline tells the story. Driver and dispatch team were great to work with however.
Extremely personable and friendly mechanical staff fighting a losing battle with an unknowledgable and power driven manager
Lead Hand red seal heavy duty mechanic (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC31 March 2016
Quit a good job to Accept employment at the Langley tank lines shop as a lead hand premium with a specific shift premium that allowed me to work 4 /10s as I was still living out of town. Took a month and a half to complete application.
Started work on 8 hr shifts for 2 weeks, first three days didnt have a employee number so couldnt use computer or train, asked about shift after first week and was told I wasnt being a team player it may be 3 months before the shift is realized.
Agreed to 4 10s with no premiums and came in for the new shift and was fired for somthing I did not do.
Proved I didnt make that mistake, then more lies continued and being on probation means managers discretion.
Long and the short of it , extremely poor management
and infighting, Broken promises and powertripping.
Pros
friendly co workers, decent shop and equiptment
Cons
Broken promises, no leadership
family orientated work environment
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2016
great group of guys to work with, fleet maintenance work, some what of a high turnover rate, very well maintained safety procedures and policies, a great safe shop
Couldn't have worked for a worse employer
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON10 February 2016
Worked there for just under 3 months. Lots of promises and little done. Lots of lies. Moved to be closer to the yard just to get the boot for no reason. Taking them to court
Cons
mechanical fitness problems, had to fight to get things dome, bad management
excellent,
transport driver (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 November 2015
Management was very cooperative in showing respect to everyone, they were always easy to approach. As a female they never demanded more than I was capable of handling. My fellow workers showed the same respect for me as I did for them. The hardest part of the job was to stay outside for an hour or longer with no shelter fr
om the weather when it was severely cold in the winter.
Strategic Sourcing Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 November 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part about the job was working alongside my collogues and learning from them.
Very interesting
Interim Executive Assistant to CEO - (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2015
Replaced an employee and cleaned up their mess and undone work. Very interesting work. I worked hard and long hours and was overlooked for permanent hiring.
Pros
Interesting work
Top in its class
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canada17 September 2015
Great Company, well oiled machine if you will with great levels of expertise and field experience. I enjoyed the "people" the most, from new to seasoned drivers, trainers and most management. There are many opportunities with the company but unfortunately one manager's personal opinion may effect your career development rather than skill. The most challenging part of my job was dealing with some poor, ineffective leaders and having little to no support in fostering the necessary changes. Most rewarding would have be to see an individual accomplish his/her goals, such as a technician obtaining his AZ or a company driver becoming an owner operator and purchasing his first truck. I guess I am a sucker for happy endings...
Like everywhere you have to take the good with the bad.
Pros
Leader in the industry
Cons
Lack of training for new hires other than drivers and not enough emphasis on career development
great place to work as a driver and o/p
Cop/driver then became o/p (Former Employee) –  Clarkson On.28 August 2015
Learned a lot about hauling liquids from sugar to liquid nitro.Management great to work with. Being to clear different load brought up from states into Canada.
Pros
Grate learning exp
Cons
great miles
productive and approachable workplace,
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  saskatoon SK12 August 2015
the ability to make decision by myself rather than being told what I should or shouldn't t do by the shop Foreman, how to getting the jobs done in a timely fashion and a professional manner, I found that i could approach anyone that I worked with if I ran into a problem with the job that I was doing, the most difficult part of the job I found was remembering weather the part were within the warranty period and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting hand on and left to my own devices rather than someone constantly looking over my shoulder.
Pros
approachable collages and management
challenging, fast pace, new learning curve
Traffic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 July 2015
learns a lot working here regarding trucking industry , makes me eager to learn and achieve more.

learned a lot specially at management level.

friendly and co operative co workers which makes it lot easier to work and learn new things
Pros
nice working environment, friendly co workers
Cons
have to be on call 24 hour (that makes it more challenging)
Fast pace environment, customer service skills, computer literacy.
Traffic supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON25 June 2015
Long but rewarding work hours, trained to perfection on industry and company standards, great teamwork when required from all dispatch employees, on call for minimum one week per month, received tons of "hands on learning".
Pros
Great salary/ pension
Cons
On call duties
older equipment
Driver and owner opertator (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC25 May 2015
not bad for co drivers, sucks for lease operators
at least the have a pension plan, general good place to work, excellent for a younger person
good benefits
Asset Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta17 May 2015
- appreciated my three years employment

- good work experience

- progressive company stays current with technology

- made friends there, good people
Pros
easy commute
Generally a good place to work
Driver Instructor/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton15 April 2015
A reputable company but they are under going some major changes, all about the bottom line and losing focus on a company that was very family oriented.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Multiple management changes
Disorginized
Hr and Payrolk (Former Employee) –  Calgary15 April 2015
Poor Management. Dont follow through on commitments. Not to be trusted Cancelled contract because didnt want to pay agency fee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9