Trimac Transportation Employee Review

View all Trimac Transportation reviews

Everyday was like going to school, fantastic advancement
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CA22 December 2012
I started with Trimac as a Traffic Supervisor. I completed my contract with them as a multiple Branch Manager. I had the greatest opportunity to be promoted three times within a four year period. This was only achieved by having the perfect mentor. I was put under the wing of the most achieved, well rounded Managers know throughout the tanker industry. There is just too much for me to list concerning what I had learned.
Once again with the grooming that Trimac takes with all their managers. I had a perfect set of office, shop, and driving force.
The biggest obstacle that I once again found frustrating. Being in two places at the same time. Yes, all task could be met without physically being present. I just found that as a manager the more chances you have to intermingle with all your employees the happier your environment becomes.
I can not deny the accomplishment of being a upper level manager. I found myself running to work for the simple fact of other needing me.
Pros
great company to work for, being in control of your own destiny
Cons
health insurance, pay scale

Other Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Overall company is good; Management is lacking people skills
Financial Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2018
Overall the company is good, but salary and benefits are not great. Some departments need more experienced leaders - low lever management people skill set is lacking and immature, and there is very unstructured training. Praise is given to those who have the gift of the gab, talking with no action has more value than tangible skills and results. If you can tolerate being a mindless drone, cubicle dweller and can talk a huge political fancy game, you will fit right in. If you have skills, you are active, asking to many work related questions and can give results, you will sink.
Pros
Free lunches on Fridays - potluck, great co-workers
Cons
Contract job - no benefits, unstructured training
Perfect
Driver/Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 January 2018
couldn't ask for better work environment
it was great
pay was great, co workers were great
it is a company that you love to work for and they treat everyone well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9