Trimac Transportation

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews in Canada

Extremely personable and friendly mechanical staff fighting a losing battle with an unknowledgable and power driven manager
Lead Hand red seal heavy duty mechanic (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCMarch 31, 2016
Quit a good job to Accept employment at the Langley tank lines shop as a lead hand premium with a specific shift premium that allowed me to work 4 /10s as I was still living out of town. Took a month and a half to complete application.
Started work on 8 hr shifts for 2 weeks, first three days didnt have a employee number so couldnt use computer or train, asked about shift after first week and was told I wasnt being a team player it may be 3 months before the shift is realized.
Agreed to 4 10s with no premiums and came in for the new shift and was fired for somthing I did not do.
Proved I didnt make that mistake, then more lies continued and being on probation means managers discretion.
Long and the short of it , extremely poor management
and infighting, Broken promises and powertripping.
Pros
friendly co workers, decent shop and equiptment
Cons
Broken promises, no leadership
Top in its class
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  CanadaSeptember 17, 2015
Great Company, well oiled machine if you will with great levels of expertise and field experience. I enjoyed the "people" the most, from new to seasoned drivers, trainers and most management. There are many opportunities with the company but unfortunately one manager's personal opinion may effect your career development rather than skill. The most challenging part of my job was dealing with some poor, ineffective leaders and having little to no support in fostering the necessary changes. Most rewarding would have be to see an individual accomplish his/her goals, such as a technician obtaining his AZ or a company driver becoming an owner operator and purchasing his first truck. I guess I am a sucker for happy endings...
Like everywhere you have to take the good with the bad.
Pros
Leader in the industry
Cons
Lack of training for new hires other than drivers and not enough emphasis on career development
Couldn't have worked for a worse employer
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Worked there for just under 3 months. Lots of promises and little done. Lots of lies. Moved to be closer to the yard just to get the boot for no reason. Taking them to court
Cons
mechanical fitness problems, had to fight to get things dome, bad management
excellent,
transport driver (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONNovember 27, 2015
Management was very cooperative in showing respect to everyone, they were always easy to approach. As a female they never demanded more than I was capable of handling. My fellow workers showed the same respect for me as I did for them. The hardest part of the job was to stay outside for an hour or longer with no shelter fr
om the weather when it was severely cold in the winter.
Strategic Sourcing Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 16, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part about the job was working alongside my collogues and learning from them.
productive and approachable workplace,
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  saskatoon SKAugust 12, 2015
the ability to make decision by myself rather than being told what I should or shouldn't t do by the shop Foreman, how to getting the jobs done in a timely fashion and a professional manner, I found that i could approach anyone that I worked with if I ran into a problem with the job that I was doing, the most difficult part of the job I found was remembering weather the part were within the warranty period and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting hand on and left to my own devices rather than someone constantly looking over my shoulder.
Pros
approachable collages and management
An amazing company to work for!
Assistant Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 5, 2016
I loved working for Trimac and Rentway as they gave me the opportunity to gain work experience and grow with the company, all while continue my education at night.
Pros
I was able to advance in job opportunities
Poor management
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 5, 2016
Low moral due to dictatorial leadership. Company stock decline tells the story. Driver and dispatch team were great to work with however.
Very interesting
Interim Executive Assistant to CEO - (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 17, 2015
Replaced an employee and cleaned up their mess and undone work. Very interesting work. I worked hard and long hours and was overlooked for permanent hiring.
Pros
Interesting work
family orientated work environment
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2016
great group of guys to work with, fleet maintenance work, some what of a high turnover rate, very well maintained safety procedures and policies, a great safe shop
challenging, fast pace, new learning curve
Traffic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 28, 2015
learns a lot working here regarding trucking industry , makes me eager to learn and achieve more.

learned a lot specially at management level.

friendly and co operative co workers which makes it lot easier to work and learn new things
Pros
nice working environment, friendly co workers
Cons
have to be on call 24 hour (that makes it more challenging)
great place to work as a driver and o/p
Cop/driver then became o/p (Former Employee) –  Clarkson On.August 28, 2015
Learned a lot about hauling liquids from sugar to liquid nitro.Management great to work with. Being to clear different load brought up from states into Canada.
Pros
Grate learning exp
Cons
great miles
Lots of Potential
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2013
- The best part about this company is the fantastic front line staff who you get to work with on a day to day basis.
- Flexible hours are offered in most departments which can accommodate family, additional employment, extra-curricular activities or schooling.
- The ideas that management has in regards to corporate culture and company values are fantastic, however it's not implemented in most areas of the company.
- The salary is low compared to market, and only upper management receive bonuses.
Pros
the people
Cons
the salary
Generally a good place to work
Driver Instructor/ Driver (Current Employee) –  EdmontonApril 15, 2015
A reputable company but they are under going some major changes, all about the bottom line and losing focus on a company that was very family oriented.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Multiple management changes
Big company with small company feel
Driver (Current Employee) –  OntarioJanuary 10, 2015
Is the place perfect No.

Like anything there's good and bad, my last five years have been outweighed with good.

Almost everyone reading this will face a personal or family emergency sometime in there working career. Trimac is hands down the most helpful and understanding while their employees face difficult times.

A lot of companies preach safety As well as Trimac yet they practice what they preach and safety is truly a core value for Trimac.
Pros
work life balance
Fast pace environment, customer service skills, computer literacy.
Traffic supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ONJune 25, 2015
Long but rewarding work hours, trained to perfection on industry and company standards, great teamwork when required from all dispatch employees, on call for minimum one week per month, received tons of "hands on learning".
Pros
Great salary/ pension
Cons
On call duties
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONDecember 10, 2012
This position was a 24-7 job. My focus was mainly on making sure that the drivers and staff were safe and that they always came home to their families.
Management is very easy to talk to and helpful.
I had very good and respectful employee's.
Hardest part of the job was just being on call all the time.
The job also allowed me some travel to various terminals to listen and learn new things.
The most enjoyable part of my job was listening and learning everyday about something new that I could use as a tool to make all aspects of my job better and easier and most of all safer.
If I learn one thing from being an employee of Trimac is safety is always first.
Pros
travel, cell phone paid for, laptop, 24 help desk service
Fun workplace
NATIONAL ACCOUNTS DIRECTOR NTS (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2014
Apparent empowerment.
Profit culture, shareholders come first, delighted customers after.
Great co-workers.
Management lacks vision, strategy.
Great company to work for
Branch Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray AB.July 3, 2014
I was the only clerk for this particular branch. My duties included anything to do with administration; purchase orders, scanning of daily work orders, flights and transportation for employee's. Maintained weekly reports for upper management, answering phones. Taking minutes and following up with reports. Ordering office supplies. Filing, the use of different programs such as Oracle Transman. I also dealt with discrepancies in pay with employee's in a timely manner.

I enjoyed working for Trimac, fantastic employee's and management. Supportive and room for growth. Always learning and they take pride in their employee's.
Disorginized
Hr and Payrolk (Former Employee) –  CalgaryApril 15, 2015
Poor Management. Dont follow through on commitments. Not to be trusted Cancelled contract because didnt want to pay agency fee.