Trimac Transportation

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Lots of work name not a number
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Sarnia Ontario7 October 2016
I've worked at Trimac for 15 months. Such a great place to work.. they took time to train me no questions asked.. work is plentiful and I honestly think for me being a company man $80k a year is beautiful home every night. Pension is 2nd to none.. benefits are amazing. My Boss is easy going And if I have a problem he makes it right.. I hope to retire here.
Pros
Good pay/Benefits/Pension
Cons
Older equipment..
Bad place to work
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 August 2016
Horriable pay they took all our overtime away got to get 60 hours a week before overtime is payed.
So expect to make 1,700-1,900 just enought to pay rent/mortage and grocery's and for get about your other payment's. Expect to work 13-15 hours a day.

Dispatch is easy going
Pros
WORK-LIFE BALANCE
Cons
PAY
Great place
Truck Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON29 November 2016
Was there approx 15 yrs. Loved it. Considering going back. Great people and dispatch tries to be fair as possible. Made good money there. As in any job theres ups and downs but Trimac was always there to help
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours and too much wknd work
Extremely personable and friendly mechanical staff fighting a losing battle with an unknowledgable and power driven manager
Lead Hand red seal heavy duty mechanic (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC31 March 2016
Quit a good job to Accept employment at the Langley tank lines shop as a lead hand premium with a specific shift premium that allowed me to work 4 /10s as I was still living out of town. Took a month and a half to complete application.
Started work on 8 hr shifts for 2 weeks, first three days didnt have a employee number so couldnt use computer or train, asked about shift after first week and was told I wasnt being a team player it may be 3 months before the shift is realized.
Agreed to 4 10s with no premiums and came in for the new shift and was fired for somthing I did not do.
Proved I didnt make that mistake, then more lies continued and being on probation means managers discretion.
Long and the short of it , extremely poor management
and infighting, Broken promises and powertripping.
Pros
friendly co workers, decent shop and equiptment
Cons
Broken promises, no leadership
Horrible place to work
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2016
This company needs a major revamp. Management is non existent dont care about drivers. For a big company there equipment is in poor shape always broke down. Pay is horrible to begin with and always have to make sure u get paid for all your work cause they like not paying drivers. Lots of lies when u go for the interview and then the lies continue after being hired. Don't recommend working for this COMPANY at all.
Pros
Day run
Cons
Management, slip seating and very poorly maintained equipment
Never again.....
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB8 July 2016
Never again would I apply as a o/o at Trimac. Not much money to be made.
Calgary management is enjoying their year end bonuses I'm sure. Meanwhile drivers & o/o scrape to get by.
Pros
Lots of miles, good dispatch
Cons
Horrible mileage rates, $1200 - $1800 / year to park in their SP yard, Depends if you want power or not, Plates & Registration are high costs, They have no problem taking your last dollar.
nothing
Driver (Former Employee) –  langley,bc.26 August 2016
new management at lagley office lack of experience, immature decisions discrimnation for east indian drivers, signs of downfall for the company.....
Good place to start getting back into the work force
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
Going to work at Trimac was the best thing for me after a personal tragedy. Trimac is a family orientated company, I've made a lot of friends and learned a lot.
Great company
Chemical TransferTechnician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 July 2016
Best company to work for! the management is really good and fair and treats their employees great. Good location as well, situated in langley
Pros
company always buys food
Cons
sometimes there wasnt alot to do
Good
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sundre, AB31 October 2016
working for Trimac was a good job. Gave me the opportunity from moving from driver to owner operator. Experience driving B Trains. I also learnt as an owner operator the truck repairs and maintenance are expensive and extensive.
Very nice place to work while i was their
Red Seal CT Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC30 June 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Trimac. Only reason i left is because management changed and he was not that nice. overall my time their was good
Good
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2016
Good Overall - Good field team that is sometimes missed by upper management...........................! would work here again.
An amazing company to work for!
Assistant Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2016
I loved working for Trimac and Rentway as they gave me the opportunity to gain work experience and grow with the company, all while continue my education at night.
Pros
I was able to advance in job opportunities
Lots of Potential
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2013
- The best part about this company is the fantastic front line staff who you get to work with on a day to day basis.
- Flexible hours are offered in most departments which can accommodate family, additional employment, extra-curricular activities or schooling.
- The ideas that management has in regards to corporate culture and company values are fantastic, however it's not implemented in most areas of the company.
- The salary is low compared to market, and only upper management receive bonuses.
Pros
The people
Cons
The salary
Top in its class
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canada17 September 2015
Great Company, well oiled machine if you will with great levels of expertise and field experience. I enjoyed the "people" the most, from new to seasoned drivers, trainers and most management. There are many opportunities with the company but unfortunately one manager's personal opinion may effect your career development rather than skill. The most challenging part of my job was dealing with some poor, ineffective leaders and having little to no support in fostering the necessary changes. Most rewarding would have be to see an individual accomplish his/her goals, such as a technician obtaining his AZ or a company driver becoming an owner operator and purchasing his first truck. I guess I am a sucker for happy endings...
Like everywhere you have to take the good with the bad.
Pros
Leader in the industry
Cons
Lack of training for new hires other than drivers and not enough emphasis on career development
Fast pace environment, customer service skills, computer literacy.
Traffic supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON25 June 2015
Long but rewarding work hours, trained to perfection on industry and company standards, great teamwork when required from all dispatch employees, on call for minimum one week per month, received tons of "hands on learning".
Pros
Great salary/ pension
Cons
On call duties
Generally a good place to work
Driver Instructor/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton15 April 2015
A reputable company but they are under going some major changes, all about the bottom line and losing focus on a company that was very family oriented.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Multiple management changes
Couldn't have worked for a worse employer
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON10 February 2016
Worked there for just under 3 months. Lots of promises and little done. Lots of lies. Moved to be closer to the yard just to get the boot for no reason. Taking them to court
Cons
mechanical fitness problems, had to fight to get things dome, bad management
Poor management
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 April 2016
Low moral due to dictatorial leadership. Company stock decline tells the story. Driver and dispatch team were great to work with however.
excellent,
transport driver (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 November 2015
Management was very cooperative in showing respect to everyone, they were always easy to approach. As a female they never demanded more than I was capable of handling. My fellow workers showed the same respect for me as I did for them. The hardest part of the job was to stay outside for an hour or longer with no shelter fr
om the weather when it was severely cold in the winter.

2.8