Trimac Transportation

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Couldn't have worked for a worse employer
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Dundas, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Cons: mechanical fitness problems, had to fight to get things dome, bad management
Worked there for just under 3 months. Lots of promises and little done. Lots of lies. Moved to be closer to the yard just to get the boot for no reason. Taking them to court
excellent,
transport driver (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 27, 2015
Management was very cooperative in showing respect to everyone, they were always easy to approach. As a female they never demanded more than I was capable of handling. My fellow workers showed the same respect for me as I did for them. The hardest part of the job was to stay outside for an hour or longer with no shelter fr
om the weather when it was severely cold in the winter.
Strategic Sourcing Expeditor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 16, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part about the job was working alongside my collogues and learning from them.
Very interesting
Interim Executive Assistant to CEO - (Contract) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 17, 2015
Pros: Interesting work
Replaced an employee and cleaned up their mess and undone work. Very interesting work. I worked hard and long hours and was overlooked for permanent hiring.
Top in its class
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), CanadaSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: Leader in the industry
Cons: Lack of training for new hires other than drivers and not enough emphasis on career development
Great Company, well oiled machine if you will with great levels of expertise and field experience. I enjoyed the "people" the most, from new to seasoned drivers, trainers and most management. There are many opportunities with the company but unfortunately one manager's personal opinion may effect your career development rather than skill. The most challenging part of my job was dealing with some poor, ineffective leaders and having little to no support in fostering the necessary changes. Most rewarding would have be to see an individual accomplish his/her goals, such as a technician obtaining his AZ or a company driver becoming an owner operator and purchasing his first truck. I guess I am a sucker for happy endings...
Like everywhere you have to take the good with the bad.
great place to work as a driver and o/p
Cop/driver then became o/p (Former Employee), Clarkson On.August 28, 2015
Pros: Grate learning exp
Cons: great miles
Learned a lot about hauling liquids from sugar to liquid nitro.Management great to work with. Being to clear different load brought up from states into Canada.
productive and approachable workplace,
Mechanic (Former Employee), saskatoon SKAugust 12, 2015
Pros: approachable collages and management
the ability to make decision by myself rather than being told what I should or shouldn't t do by the shop Foreman, how to getting the jobs done in a timely fashion and a professional manner, I found that i could approach anyone that I worked with if I ran into a problem with the job that I was doing, the most difficult part of the job I found was remembering weather the part were within the warranty period and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting hand on and left to my own devices rather than someone constantly looking over my shoulder.
challenging, fast pace, new learning curve
Traffic Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 28, 2015
Pros: nice working environment, friendly co workers
Cons: have to be on call 24 hour (that makes it more challenging)
learns a lot working here regarding trucking industry , makes me eager to learn and achieve more.

learned a lot specially at management level.

friendly and co operative co workers which makes it lot easier to work and learn new things
Fast pace environment, customer service skills, computer literacy.
Traffic supervisor (Former Employee), Dundas, ONJune 25, 2015
Pros: Great salary/ pension
Cons: On call duties
Long but rewarding work hours, trained to perfection on industry and company standards, great teamwork when required from all dispatch employees, on call for minimum one week per month, received tons of "hands on learning".
older equipment
Driver and owner opertator (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCMay 25, 2015
not bad for co drivers, sucks for lease operators
at least the have a pension plan, general good place to work, excellent for a younger person
good benefits
Asset Management Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaMay 17, 2015
Pros: easy commute
- appreciated my three years employment

- good work experience

- progressive company stays current with technology

- made friends there, good people
Generally a good place to work
Driver Instructor/ Driver (Current Employee), EdmontonApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Multiple management changes
A reputable company but they are under going some major changes, all about the bottom line and losing focus on a company that was very family oriented.
Disorginized
Hr and Payrolk (Former Employee), CalgaryApril 15, 2015
Poor Management. Dont follow through on commitments. Not to be trusted Cancelled contract because didnt want to pay agency fee.
Too much politics
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 7, 2015
Pros: free lunches on friday
Cons: contract job
It was a good place to work , first time i worked for such a big company .but at that place there was a too much politics within the staff.
Decent place to work depending on the branch
Fuel Hauler (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedules
Cons: management
I was content with my position minus the management.
Tonnes of gossip & drama
Dispatchers were the best
Was Very unfairly treated by management
New Hire Mislead by Management and Dispatchers
Driver (Former Employee), TrailFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: too many to list, do your due digilence and check.
Hired as a driver and was told many things, that after three months never appeared.
Recommend other drivers to use caution when applying and get things in writing. Dispatchers and managers are just as disconnected from the drivers as any other company.
Typical company that blames the drivers first before looking within.
Big company with small company feel
Driver (Current Employee), OntarioJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Is the place perfect No.

Like anything there's good and bad, my last five years have been outweighed with good.

Almost everyone reading this will face a personal or family emergency sometime in there working career. Trimac is hands down the most helpful and understanding while their employees face difficult times.

A lot of companies preach safety As well as Trimac yet they practice what they preach and safety is truly a core value for Trimac.
Fun workplace
NATIONAL ACCOUNTS DIRECTOR NTS (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2014
Apparent empowerment.
Profit culture, shareholders come first, delighted customers after.
Great co-workers.
Management lacks vision, strategy.
Excellent people to work with
Receptionist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 6, 2014
Very nice atmosphere , enjoyable people to work for and with. Always learning new things on the job. Family oriented. Everyone looks out for each other. All - n - All a great place to work!
overall good place to work
Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee), Mount Pearl, NLDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: long hours
typica day is quite busy dealing with customers, organizing drivers and performing other administrative duties. co workers were great, the most enjoyable part for me was dealing with drivers nad customers
Industry