Trimac Transportation

Trimac Transportation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for
Branch Clerk (Former Employee), Fort McMurray AB.July 3, 2014
I was the only clerk for this particular branch. My duties included anything to do with administration; purchase orders, scanning of daily work orders, flights and transportation for employee's. Maintained weekly reports for upper management, answering phones. Taking minutes and following up with reports. Ordering office supplies. Filing, the use of – more... different programs such as Oracle Transman. I also dealt with discrepancies in pay with employee's in a timely manner.

I enjoyed working for Trimac, fantastic employee's and management. Supportive and room for growth. Always learning and they take pride in their employee's. – less
good equipment
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 14, 2014
hard place to adapt to
little downtime
decent equipment
lots of overtime
Terrible management support
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Port Colborne, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: nice trucks
Total disregard for policy's and hours of service would not recommend they like making empty promises
this was a nice place to work
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary,ABOctober 16, 2013
Pros: good people and new'old technology experience
Cons: short tem
this was also another Helpdesk job and I enjoyed the new/old technology that I was exposed to. The people and management was enjoyable to work with.
Not a good place to work
Driver (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 11, 2013
Constantly lied too and benefits of the job were taken away.
Promised things in the beginning and then didn't get it. Too much time from home.
Typical Massive Company
Driver/Operator (Current Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: they can get you work anywhere in canada with branch transfers.
Cons: unpredictable hours
Good but expensive Benefits.
Unreliable hours ( cement branch ) - Some weeks you can be pushing 50 hours easily and other weeks you'd be lucky to get 20
No Support from Management
Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJuly 17, 2013
No room for advancement even though you are told there is. No support from Management even though you are told "We work as a team"
Amazing co-workers
Traffic Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 10, 2013
Pros: excellent environment
Cons: long hours
stressful at times. But the people you work with make it all worth while
Lots of Potential
Head Office (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 27, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: the salary
- The best part about this company is the fantastic front line staff who you get to work with on a day to day basis.
- Flexible hours are offered in most departments which can accommodate family, additional employment, extra-curricular activities or schooling.
- The ideas that management has in regards to corporate culture and company values are fantastic, – more... however it's not implemented in most areas of the company.
- The salary is low compared to market, and only upper management receive bonuses. – less
lots of work.good money
1A Tanker driver (Current Employee), Regina, SKJune 22, 2013
Pros: money, los of hours
Cons: too many hours, neverending work load
i like working here but i find my home life suffers...but you can earn great money here.
bagel Wednesdays were nice, but the hours and no pay are ridiculous
Traffic Supervisor (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJune 10, 2013
Pros: bagel wednesdays
Cons: extremelyy long hours, with no overtime
excellent co-workers
poor equipment
excellent support system from co-workers
extremely long hours
lacking communication on directives
Great employer
Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 7, 2013
Cons: parking
I learned so much at Trimac but having just graduated from school I needed to find a different job with a higher salary.
This Company Is A Joke!
mechanic (Former Employee), dundasMay 2, 2013
Pros: no pros!
Cons: all cons: you will hate your life there!
This company is a joke, the shop manger has no idea what hes doing, honestly not really sure he knows what a truck is. The shope as some good people working there but have all stopped caring after dealing with the company for so long. the only people that should even think of working for this company are people with no skills and can shut there brains – more... off and listen to a boss that has no idea what hes doing. Its a place to go to end your work life and never do any real work. If your not working there but thinking about it RUN!! – less
This place is a nightmare
Mechanic (Former Employee), Dundas OntarioApril 30, 2013
Pros: no pros only cons.
Cons: see review
I have worked at this Dundas branch and it is a complete joke.
The management is the most dishonest and unorganized people I have worked with. Everybody in the shop is miserable because of the shop manager who is a complete idiot!
not to bad
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2013
Pros: fleable hours
Cons: sleeping in a bunk
12-14 hours a day learned how to operate pneumatic equipment
Wanting to sale and get out of my truck .
Transport Owner Operator (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: like working with people
Cons: will work long hours
Would like to work closier to home not enjoy having my truck. Am a very hard working people and get along with other . Will work day, after and midnight whatever I need to do.
a typical day at work
Driver (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 10, 2013
Cons: everything you can think of.
The day starts and you have to look no further then management as the problems start from the top and work their way down, management should never be in a compitition and that is going on,they train you one way at TLC but at the terminal they do the oppisite. The new trucks are garbage in every facet and till they let me go i believe 5 drivers went – more... down with back issues and they dont care.When i first started there was huge mural everybody was great but then they brought in new management and changed things and it went down hill quick,you try just to do your work but it is hard when your lied to right after you arrive at work and then have to deal with things you need to do the job gone from your trailers so it is demorilizing and the moral goes down.I thought the world Of Trimac when i started then came tLC and i even thought that much more of the company but what a huge dissappointment. I will not make excuses for the mistakes i made leading up to my dismissal but I would never recommend them to anybody either. It was a huge let down in my life as a truck driver. – less

Simple7Man – April 4, 2013

So sorry to hear about your experience. I am looking to begin a career in the trucking industry. Any suggestions? I read earlier comments and saw that Trimac was union. Was this benefit? What companies would you suggest I drive for? Who should I stay away from?

Good place to work and excellent co-workers.
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee), Burlington, OntarioJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: wonderful coworkers.
Wonderful coworkers.
Good culture.
Very busy and full days.
Very large work load.
Every body is ready and willing to help.
Nice and Quiet
Tax & Licensing Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2012
Pros: potluck every fridays
Cons: not enough time to eat lunch
Some management were friendly, and some were stingy
Was there as a temp
Was critized alot for being free, when I had all my work completed far in advanced and at 100 percent completion.
Management in the Licencing Department was very strict and wanted to know everyones personal life and then used it against us.

Pay wasn't great for the amount of work – more... I did and that I completed it early and way before the deadline.

Would start at 8 am to 4pm and half hour lunch – less
Good company with great potential
Billing and Settlement Manager (Current Employee), Burlington OntDecember 13, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: communication
Trimac's safety standards and programs are second to none in the industry, they have won several safety awards highlighting their accomplishments.
The addition of the manager of process optimization will aid in beginning to define roles and responsibilities and departmental clarity. The lines are blurred in that regard at the present time.
I have learned – more... some transportation terminology and billing and met some knowledgeable and dedicated people. I have instituted one on ones with all my staff and been able to deliver on some deliverables that have been promised in the past but never followed through on. – less

1 2 3

About Trimac Transportation

From its inception in 1945, Trimac Transportation has consistently sought and achieved industry leadership, and has a proven reputation – Read more

Trimac Transportation Photos