Trimac Transportation

Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Extremely personable and friendly mechanical staff fighting a losing battle with an unknowledgable and power driven manager
Lead Hand red seal heavy duty mechanic (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCMarch 31, 2016
Quit a good job to Accept employment at the Langley tank lines shop as a lead hand premium with a specific shift premium that allowed me to work 4 /10s as I was still living out of town. Took a month and a half to complete application.
Started work on 8 hr shifts for 2 weeks, first three days didnt have a employee number so couldnt use computer or train, asked about shift after first week and was told I wasnt being a team player it may be 3 months before the shift is realized.
Agreed to 4 10s with no premiums and came in for the new shift and was fired for somthing I did not do.
Proved I didnt make that mistake, then more lies continued and being on probation means managers discretion.
Long and the short of it , extremely poor management
and infighting, Broken promises and powertripping.
Pros
friendly co workers, decent shop and equiptment
Cons
Broken promises, no leadership
Horrible place to work
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 26, 2016
This company needs a major revamp. Management is non existent dont care about drivers. For a big company there equipment is in poor shape always broke down. Pay is horrible to begin with and always have to make sure u get paid for all your work cause they like not paying drivers. Lots of lies when u go for the interview and then the lies continue after being hired. Don't recommend working for this COMPANY at all.
Pros
Day run
Cons
Management, slip seating and very poorly maintained equipment
Never again.....
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABJuly 8, 2016
Never again would I apply as a o/o at Trimac. Not much money to be made.
Calgary management is enjoying their year end bonuses I'm sure. Meanwhile drivers & o/o scrape to get by.
Pros
Lots of miles, good dispatch
Cons
Horrible mileage rates, $1200 - $1800 / year to park in their SP yard, Depends if you want power or not, Plates & Registration are high costs, They have no problem taking your last dollar.
Bad place to work
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABAugust 3, 2016
Horriable pay they took all our overtime away got to get 60 hours a week before overtime is payed.
So expect to make 1,700-1,900 just enought to pay rent/mortage and grocery's and for get about your other payment's. Expect to work 13-15 hours a day.

Dispatch is easy going
Pros
WORK-LIFE BALANCE
Cons
PAY
Great company
Chemical TransferTechnician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 5, 2016
Best company to work for! the management is really good and fair and treats their employees great. Good location as well, situated in langley
Pros
company always buys food
Cons
sometimes there wasnt alot to do
Top in its class
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  CanadaSeptember 17, 2015
Great Company, well oiled machine if you will with great levels of expertise and field experience. I enjoyed the "people" the most, from new to seasoned drivers, trainers and most management. There are many opportunities with the company but unfortunately one manager's personal opinion may effect your career development rather than skill. The most challenging part of my job was dealing with some poor, ineffective leaders and having little to no support in fostering the necessary changes. Most rewarding would have be to see an individual accomplish his/her goals, such as a technician obtaining his AZ or a company driver becoming an owner operator and purchasing his first truck. I guess I am a sucker for happy endings...
Like everywhere you have to take the good with the bad.
Pros
Leader in the industry
Cons
Lack of training for new hires other than drivers and not enough emphasis on career development
nothing
Driver (Former Employee) –  langley,bc.August 26, 2016
new management at lagley office lack of experience, immature decisions discrimnation for east indian drivers, signs of downfall for the company.....
Very nice place to work while i was their
Red Seal CT Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCJune 30, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Trimac. Only reason i left is because management changed and he was not that nice. overall my time their was good
Fast pace environment, customer service skills, computer literacy.
Traffic supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ONJune 25, 2015
Long but rewarding work hours, trained to perfection on industry and company standards, great teamwork when required from all dispatch employees, on call for minimum one week per month, received tons of "hands on learning".
Pros
Great salary/ pension
Cons
On call duties
Good
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 13, 2016
Good Overall - Good field team that is sometimes missed by upper management...........................! would work here again.
An amazing company to work for!
Assistant Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 5, 2016
I loved working for Trimac and Rentway as they gave me the opportunity to gain work experience and grow with the company, all while continue my education at night.
Pros
I was able to advance in job opportunities
Couldn't have worked for a worse employer
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ONFebruary 10, 2016
Worked there for just under 3 months. Lots of promises and little done. Lots of lies. Moved to be closer to the yard just to get the boot for no reason. Taking them to court
Cons
mechanical fitness problems, had to fight to get things dome, bad management
Lots of Potential
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2013
- The best part about this company is the fantastic front line staff who you get to work with on a day to day basis.
- Flexible hours are offered in most departments which can accommodate family, additional employment, extra-curricular activities or schooling.
- The ideas that management has in regards to corporate culture and company values are fantastic, however it's not implemented in most areas of the company.
- The salary is low compared to market, and only upper management receive bonuses.
Pros
the people
Cons
the salary
Poor management
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 5, 2016
Low moral due to dictatorial leadership. Company stock decline tells the story. Driver and dispatch team were great to work with however.
Generally a good place to work
Driver Instructor/ Driver (Current Employee) –  EdmontonApril 15, 2015
A reputable company but they are under going some major changes, all about the bottom line and losing focus on a company that was very family oriented.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Multiple management changes
excellent,
transport driver (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONNovember 27, 2015
Management was very cooperative in showing respect to everyone, they were always easy to approach. As a female they never demanded more than I was capable of handling. My fellow workers showed the same respect for me as I did for them. The hardest part of the job was to stay outside for an hour or longer with no shelter fr
om the weather when it was severely cold in the winter.
family orientated work environment
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2016
great group of guys to work with, fleet maintenance work, some what of a high turnover rate, very well maintained safety procedures and policies, a great safe shop
productive and approachable workplace,
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  saskatoon SKAugust 12, 2015
the ability to make decision by myself rather than being told what I should or shouldn't t do by the shop Foreman, how to getting the jobs done in a timely fashion and a professional manner, I found that i could approach anyone that I worked with if I ran into a problem with the job that I was doing, the most difficult part of the job I found was remembering weather the part were within the warranty period and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting hand on and left to my own devices rather than someone constantly looking over my shoulder.
Pros
approachable collages and management
Very interesting
Interim Executive Assistant to CEO - (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 17, 2015
Replaced an employee and cleaned up their mess and undone work. Very interesting work. I worked hard and long hours and was overlooked for permanent hiring.
Pros
Interesting work
Strategic Sourcing Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 16, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part about the job was working alongside my collogues and learning from them.

2.9