Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Exquisite environment
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC25 June 2017
Its been wonderful to be a part of this company. unfortunately i have to move to another province for my personal reasons.Work Culture is pretty good here and you are in charge of what you are doing and feel appreciated. it was awesome experience to work with a talented team. it is easy job if you will do with proper procedures and safety.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Proper training. safety is always first priority in every aspect.
Cons
There aren't any I can think of !
Bad Work Environment l
Petroleum Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2017
Old trailers with underspeced,unreliable tractors. Management that doesn't have a clue how to run the place. Too many office staff compared to trucks on the road. Totally disorganized and incompetent. Can't even make a driver schedule properly or make sure licence plate stickers on tractors are up to date. Branch 51 is a pathetic joke.
Pros
At least it's not Harmac
Cons
Clueless management
good job
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2017
Chemical and Gasoline carrier, Dispatching and managing the drivers for customer delivery, Breakdowns, etc. Customer service is goal for every delivery. Safety is very important.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
advancement
Not a good place to work
Chemical Transport driver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC26 February 2017
Trimac is not a good place to work. They hire you at one wage then after a month they put you on a different contract and pay you less, but they do not inform you of this. They miss hole day's pay and not just one but several on a pay cheque. Trimac will tell you get overtime then after about a month they completely stop paying you overtime. When you go in about your pay discrepancies they say they will look into it. After a week they still have not even looked into it. After Three months work they have shorted my $4,200.00. If you want to be constantly fighting for your money and having to check every single day and hour you work then this is the place for you to work.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
do not get paid for all your work. you have to fight for your money.
Langley location.
Class 1 Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC29 January 2017
Don't waste your time. Big company worth basic wages, no career advancement and uneducated management. They will try to over work you worth flat rate jobs.
wouldnt work here again
Field Systems Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2017
If you like people quitting and moving on all the time, then this is the place for you. Turnover rate is about 6 months, so your constantly training new people.
customer (Honda) always comes first.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 January 2017
They would change my dispatch with no notice.I quite often would be called Saturday afternoon and told to be at work Sunday morning.If you wanted a weekend off,you had to ask in writing 2 weeks ahead.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Great place
Truck Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON29 November 2016
Was there approx 15 yrs. Loved it. Considering going back. Great people and dispatch tries to be fair as possible. Made good money there. As in any job theres ups and downs but Trimac was always there to help
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours and too much wknd work
Good place to start getting back into the work force
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
Going to work at Trimac was the best thing for me after a personal tragedy. Trimac is a family orientated company, I've made a lot of friends and learned a lot.
Good
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sundre, AB31 October 2016
working for Trimac was a good job. Gave me the opportunity from moving from driver to owner operator. Experience driving B Trains. I also learnt as an owner operator the truck repairs and maintenance are expensive and extensive.
Lots of work name not a number
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Sarnia Ontario7 October 2016
I've worked at Trimac for 15 months. Such a great place to work.. they took time to train me no questions asked.. work is plentiful and I honestly think for me being a company man $80k a year is beautiful home every night. Pension is 2nd to none.. benefits are amazing. My Boss is easy going And if I have a problem he makes it right.. I hope to retire here.
Pros
Good pay/Benefits/Pension
Cons
Older equipment..
nothing
Driver (Former Employee) –  langley,bc.26 August 2016
new management at lagley office lack of experience, immature decisions discrimnation for east indian drivers, signs of downfall for the company.....
Bad place to work
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 August 2016
Horriable pay they took all our overtime away got to get 60 hours a week before overtime is payed.
So expect to make 1,700-1,900 just enought to pay rent/mortage and grocery's and for get about your other payment's. Expect to work 13-15 hours a day.

Dispatch is easy going
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Pay
Horrible place to work
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2016
This company needs a major revamp. Management is non existent dont care about drivers. For a big company there equipment is in poor shape always broke down. Pay is horrible to begin with and always have to make sure u get paid for all your work cause they like not paying drivers. Lots of lies when u go for the interview and then the lies continue after being hired. Don't recommend working for this COMPANY at all.
Pros
Day run
Cons
Management, slip seating and very poorly maintained equipment
Good
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2016
Good Overall - Good field team that is sometimes missed by upper management...........................! would work here again.
Never again.....
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB8 July 2016
Never again would I apply as a o/o at Trimac. Not much money to be made.
Calgary management is enjoying their year end bonuses I'm sure. Meanwhile drivers & o/o scrape to get by.
Pros
Lots of miles, good dispatch
Cons
Horrible mileage rates, $1200 - $1800 / year to park in their SP yard, Depends if you want power or not, Plates & Registration are high costs, They have no problem taking your last dollar.
Great company
Chemical TransferTechnician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 July 2016
Best company to work for! the management is really good and fair and treats their employees great. Good location as well, situated in langley
Pros
company always buys food
Cons
sometimes there wasnt alot to do
Very nice place to work while i was their
Red Seal CT Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC30 June 2016
I really enjoyed my time at Trimac. Only reason i left is because management changed and he was not that nice. overall my time their was good
An amazing company to work for!
Assistant Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2016
I loved working for Trimac and Rentway as they gave me the opportunity to gain work experience and grow with the company, all while continue my education at night.
Pros
I was able to advance in job opportunities
Poor management
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB5 April 2016
Low moral due to dictatorial leadership. Company stock decline tells the story. Driver and dispatch team were great to work with however.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9