Trimac Transportation Employee Reviews

Trimac
Finance (Current Employee) –  calgary ca9 November 2017
The culture as a whole is fun, loving, and nice. There is room for growth as an organization and progression in eradicating ancient processes. With the direction of CEO Trimac will be a fierce competitor.
Pros
Opportunity for a life long career.
Cons
Poor choice of some leaders, select qualified directors
A well managed company. (Langley Branch)
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC23 October 2017
Its been wonderful to be a part of this company. Great work environment, the office feels like a small family. Strong Management team and dispatch is very helpful and accommodating.
not if you want to earn a living.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB13 August 2017
horrible dispatch, management even worse. they will happily lie to o/o to get them to sign on truck. they will bankrupt you. stay away. they just do not care about drivers or customers. This company is all about manager protecting manager
Was good company but poor management now
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 August 2017
This was a excellent company a few years ago. After the new management team started things went down hill fast . As soon as they get some work they hire to many drivers and then nobody makes enough money . Even though dispatch and management promise you make money but then you don't get enough work. So of course they have a high turnover of drivers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low wages . Not enough work
Very difficult work/life balance; compensation is low
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2017
Trimac is a tough company to work for unless you are able to give more than you are willing to get out. Job compensation is on the low-end, with job security being relatively non-existent in the past few years.
Pros
Family run
Cons
Long hours, small support teams, low pay, low job security
Transport of fuel and plastic material
Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON25 July 2017
My job at Trimac was to deliver Bulk products through Ontario. I delivered to gas stations and plastic to the railroad yard in Toronto, The management was very good, I enjoyed the people I worked with and the workplace culture was fine, The hardest part of the job was that I worked long hours so there really was not any life balance.
Pros
Brnrfits
Exquisite environment
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC25 June 2017
Its been wonderful to be a part of this company. unfortunately i have to move to another province for my personal reasons.Work Culture is pretty good here and you are in charge of what you are doing and feel appreciated. it was awesome experience to work with a talented team. it is easy job if you will do with proper procedures and safety.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Proper training. safety is always first priority in every aspect.
Cons
There aren't any I can think of !
Bad Work Environment l
Petroleum Driver (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2017
Old trailers with underspeced,unreliable tractors. Management that doesn't have a clue how to run the place. Too many office staff compared to trucks on the road. Totally disorganized and incompetent. Can't even make a driver schedule properly or make sure licence plate stickers on tractors are up to date. Branch 51 is a pathetic joke.
Pros
At least it's not Harmac
Cons
Clueless management
great experience
Driver Trainer (Safety Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2017
Very diverse job with lots of potential for learning many different commodities. great experience in all aspects of the trucking industry, from Mountain experience chaining up to being able to coach and train other drivers. In class room teaching and one on one.
Pros
Very diverse and great experience
Cons
poor communication and management.
good job
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2017
Chemical and Gasoline carrier, Dispatching and managing the drivers for customer delivery, Breakdowns, etc. Customer service is goal for every delivery. Safety is very important.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
advancement
Langley location.
Class 1 Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC29 January 2017
Don't waste your time. Big company worth basic wages, no career advancement and uneducated management. They will try to over work you worth flat rate jobs.
wouldnt work here again
Field Systems Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 January 2017
If you like people quitting and moving on all the time, then this is the place for you. Turnover rate is about 6 months, so your constantly training new people.
customer (Honda) always comes first.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 January 2017
They would change my dispatch with no notice.I quite often would be called Saturday afternoon and told to be at work Sunday morning.If you wanted a weekend off,you had to ask in writing 2 weeks ahead.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Great place
Truck Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON29 November 2016
Was there approx 15 yrs. Loved it. Considering going back. Great people and dispatch tries to be fair as possible. Made good money there. As in any job theres ups and downs but Trimac was always there to help
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours and too much wknd work
Good place to start getting back into the work force
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
Going to work at Trimac was the best thing for me after a personal tragedy. Trimac is a family orientated company, I've made a lot of friends and learned a lot.
Good
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sundre, AB31 October 2016
working for Trimac was a good job. Gave me the opportunity from moving from driver to owner operator. Experience driving B Trains. I also learnt as an owner operator the truck repairs and maintenance are expensive and extensive.
Lots of work name not a number
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Sarnia Ontario7 October 2016
I've worked at Trimac for 15 months. Such a great place to work.. they took time to train me no questions asked.. work is plentiful and I honestly think for me being a company man $80k a year is beautiful home every night. Pension is 2nd to none.. benefits are amazing. My Boss is easy going And if I have a problem he makes it right.. I hope to retire here.
Pros
Good pay/Benefits/Pension
Cons
Older equipment..
Bad place to work
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB3 August 2016
Horriable pay they took all our overtime away got to get 60 hours a week before overtime is payed.
So expect to make 1,700-1,900 just enought to pay rent/mortage and grocery's and for get about your other payment's. Expect to work 13-15 hours a day.

Dispatch is easy going
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Pay
Horrible place to work
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2016
This company needs a major revamp. Management is non existent dont care about drivers. For a big company there equipment is in poor shape always broke down. Pay is horrible to begin with and always have to make sure u get paid for all your work cause they like not paying drivers. Lots of lies when u go for the interview and then the lies continue after being hired. Don't recommend working for this COMPANY at all.
Pros
Day run
Cons
Management, slip seating and very poorly maintained equipment
Good
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 July 2016
Good Overall - Good field team that is sometimes missed by upper management...........................! would work here again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trimac Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9