Trilogy Management Services Ltd. is currently seeking candidates to fill this exciting position within the company. This is an opportunity for a licensee to take on a position with increased responsibilities while also being exposed to all aspects of real estate in a fully licensed brokerage with affiliated real estate development and hotel management companies.
The Trilogy Group of Companies is an internationally recognized, fully integrated group of real estate companies with offices in Vancouver and Burnaby, and pro-active in the development, investment, and management of real estate. For additional information please visit us at www.trilogypacific.com.
Reporting to the President and CEO of the Trilogy Group, the successful candidate will play an integral role in managing all aspects of the business, including those requiring licensing under the Real Estate Act of British Columbia, comprising Trading, Rental, and Strata Management. The General Manager will also play the role of Managing Broker and must be actively engaged in the business and provide adequate supervision of all licensees, employees, and others who perform duties on behalf of the brokerage. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the business of the brokerage is carried out competently and in accordance with the Real Estate Services Act (the “Act”)
- Ensure Trust Accounts and records are maintained in accordance with the Act, regulations, rules, and bylaws
- Ensure proper management and control of documents and other records related to licensing and regulatory requirements
- Draft and negotiate listing agreements, management agreements, and strata management agreements
- Draft, review, and provide appropriate guidance related to purchase and sale agreements, leases, and offers to lease
- Draft lease renewals, lease assignments, and lease transfers
- Liaise monthly, weekly, or as required, with landlords, strata councils, tenants, and staff
- Prepare annual operating budgets
- Negotiate service contracts related to various clients as well as for Trilogy directly
- Attend, as needed, strata council meetings, annual general meetings, and special general meetings
- Recruit, train, and monitor personnel and licensees
- Assist with leasing efforts as needed
- Liaise with accounting department for reports, adjustments, commercial tenancy recovery
calculations, financial statements, and proper distribution of documents
- Liaise with Real Estate Council as needed
- Valid unrestricted real estate services license, or ability and willingness to obtain unrestricted licensing in short order
- Have been actively licensed for two years, or have equivalent direct industry experience
- Managing Broker license an asset, or interest and willingness to obtain managing broker licensing
- A strong grasp of the Real Estate Services Act, the Strata Property Act, the Residential Tenancy Act,
the Relevant Regulations, and Council Rules
- Experience with financial reports, including financial statements, balance sheets, trial balances,
- Experience preparing annual operating or capital budgets
- Experience preparing and building development pro-formas an asset
- Experience reviewing or preparing leases, sales documents, service agreements
- Strong command of the English language, written and oral
- Ability to understand and write business documents and legalese
- Post secondary education at a recognized institution, and in a relevant field
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Must be self motivated, highly organized, and focused, with the ability to multi-task and achieve deadlines under pressure
Compensation is commensurate to the complexity of the position, the successful candidates prior experience, and their current licensing status.
If you meet the requirements outlined above, please e-mail your resume along with a covering letter, or any other relevant information, to dino(at)trilogypacific(dot)com telling us why you are a right fit for the position. Please send all documents in PDF format and include “General Manager” in your subject line.
We thank all interested applicants, but only qualified candidates will be contacted for the position. We kindly request no telephone calls.
Indeed - 22 months ago
The Trilogy Group of Companies is an internationally-recognized, fully- integrated group of real estate companies headquartered in...