Our client is dedicated to helping individuals in the community maintain their independence despite illness, injury, disability or age. Their personalized and compassionate health services enhance the well-being of people at times when they need it most while supporting their ability to live with freedom and dignity as they age or recuperate in place…their place
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Manager is responsible for the education, development, implementation and direction of the organizations’ Occupational Health & Safety programs and processes in order to ensure effective risk management and loss control and a safe and healthy work environment.
The OH&S Manager will have several years experience with disability management (WSIB and RTW) as well as a solid background with OH&S committees and relevant legislation.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary diploma or degree with additional education in OH&S
- Undergraduate degree is an asset
- 7-10 years of experience in OH&S and WSIB
- Healthcare experience required, homecare experience an asset
- Significant experience with training and mentoring staff and employees in the areas of OH&S
- Demonstrated success building cohesive cross functional teams
- Strong leader with the ability to mentor, coach and inspire employees
- Able to think critically, objectively, analytically, and strategically
- Excellent presentation skills and communication skills both orally and written
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Computer proficiency
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Valid driver’s license as some travel will be necessary within the region
If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity please submit your resume and cover letter
The Trillium Talent Resource (TTR) Group is a Seventeen-year old international and domestic Executive Search and Management consulting firm....