Trillium Health Partners (THP) is the largest community-based academic health network in Ontario serving over 1.5 million residents of the communities of Mississauga, Peel region, and west Toronto. The hospital encompasses three main sites – Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga Hospital, and Queensway Health Centre – offering a full range of acute care hospital services, as well as being the designated regional care centre for several programs including paediatrics, cardiac, renal, and cancer care.
Working with donors, Trillium Health Partners Foundation (THPF) raises the critical funds needed to address the highest priority needs of Trillium Health Partners, specifically in the areas of building and revitalizing patient spaces; equipment and technology; and research, education, and innovation.
Our Foundation was formed through the voluntary amalgamation of two exceptional foundations: the Credit Valley Hospital Foundation and Trillium Health Centre Foundation. Raising more than $30 million a year, Trillium Health Partners Foundation is now strategically poised to drive further success as one of the highest performing hospital foundations in the country, in the service of enabling our hospital group to continue to redefine healthcare as a provincial and national leader.
THE POSITION – OVERVIEW
The Senior Associate, Prospect Management & Research will provide direct support for the major-gift cultivation initiatives of the Leadership Giving portfolio of Trillium Health Partners Foundation. This position reports directly to the Manager, Writing and Research, Leadership Giving and provides the Development team with key information regarding donors/prospective donors. Research enables the department to focus on high value opportunities with individuals, foundations and corporations. This role supports the cultivation process by identifying prospective donors who have financial capacity and philanthropic interests by providing development officers with a clear picture to enable movement of a prospective donor through the cultivation process to solicitation of a gift. This role is also accountable for a significant pipeline which sustains $30 million + in annual total fundraising activity and will play a key role in the comprehensive fundraising campaign.
- Manage the prospect management system and the leadership giving pipeline
- Assume a leadership role in prospect clearance meetings for the purpose of prospect identification, giving capacity and matching giving interests
- Act as the leadership giving team lead for the Raiser’s Edge database, responsible for data integrity, coding, and generating reports on development activity and results
- Maintain prospect knowledge including ratings, interests and linkages in Raiser's Edge
- Make recommendations for staff assignment, based on research results and alignment with campaign fundraising priorities
- Manage the donor identification process through proactive identification of major gift and planned giving prospects through data mining, public domain information research and engagement analysis activities
- Craft and develop confidential briefing notes and research profiles for THP(F) Leadership and Board Members
- Interpret findings from research activities pertaining to solicitation strategy
- Track local and national news as it relates to the Foundation’s constituents, as well as economic and philanthropic trends more generally
- Provide training to other members of the Development Team regarding research resources
- Provide recommendations regarding ways to optimize the development research database through a combination of resources
- Other duties as required
- Degree or diploma from a Post-Secondary institution focusing on research, library, information science or fundraising; MLIS degree an asset
- 3-5 years’ experience in a fundraising research environment
- Demonstrated experience in prospect research, development, library research or information related field
- Knowledge of the range of resources available to prospect researchers and the ability to apply those resources in an organized and purposeful manner
- Demonstrated skills in performing analysis and organizing information to identify philanthropic patterns, tendencies, and relationships among individuals, corporations and foundations
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex financial disclosure documents for the purposes of wealth assessment
- Experience working with a relational database, preferably Raiser's Edge
- Experience working with word processing, database management and spreadsheet software, online subscription services/databases
- Understanding of fundraising practices and procedures specifically as related to large comprehensive campaigns
- Team Environment. Ability to work independently and in a team environment; Ability to work in a multi-layered, complex organization with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Organizational Culture. At Trillium Health Partners Foundation, we care passionately about fulfilling the needs of our hospital and our community. To achieve this objective, our team is committed to inspiring our donors by demonstrating our corporate values of courage, accountability, respect, and excellence. The selected candidate must be eager and able to contribute to advancing this organizational culture.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information
- Team player and willingness to assist wherever required
- Able to work flexible hours to meet deadlines and for various special events and meetings
- Please submit a cover letter and résumé through Trillium Health Partners’ online application system: http://trilliumhealthpartners.ca/careers/. The deadline for submitting an application is September 5, 2014 at 4pm.
- For further information on Trillium Health Partners Foundation we invite you to visit our website at www.trilliumgiving.ca
- We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Indeed - 30+ days ago