Trillium College Employee Reviews in Canada

Enjoyable and Enthusiastic Learning Environment
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONApril 4, 2016
The staff always promoted a positive learning environment. They especially encouraged questions during clinical placements and ride-out placement to ensure a higher level of education and learning.
Great
In Clinic / On Campus (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 26, 2016
The have prepared me to work to the best of my ability. I was able to learn hands on training which has left feeling very prepared and confident for when I am out in the Spa industry. Worked with various different skin types and products. Also Manicures and Pedicures. Waxing and Makeup
Controlled Work Environment
Police Foundations Professor (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONDecember 14, 2015
Once you get the lay of the land, you'll be alright. Don't look for advancement or a pay raise; that won't be happening. Good for a temporary basis.
Pros
Downtown St. Catharines
Cons
Micro-management of most programs
Poor management with no direction
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONSeptember 28, 2015
Good place to work, coworkers are nice and friendly people. However, organization is experiencing financial difficulties and all the emphasys are placed on employee to compromised students education. The new Campus manager at Oshawa location is extremely disorganized and have no idea what is going on. Students are charged for textbooks and materials but textbooks are not available when class is start.Sometimes, materials do not or will arrived at the end of the class; and students are constantly expressing their anger on instructor. There is no job security and you can be fired with no particular reason. They take everybody including those who do not want to go to school. These student are there because of student loan and they are constantly complaining about instructor not helping them. The organization is experiencing shortage of student and it will close down if this trend persist.
Passionate Employees Looking To Make A Difference
Admissions and Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ontario CanadaMay 18, 2015
Trillium College has very skilled and passionate employees who want to help those that need career training and become successful.
Productive and fun environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 25, 2014
great place to work, helping students and participating in curriculum development
poor experience
Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2014
full of lies promsises. It was the worst work experience ever.
No Job Security
Student Accounts (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 19, 2014
Although the pay is competitive the company is has extremely high staff turn over. Due to management style this job is unnecessarily stressful. However support staff for the most part is very reliable and dedicated.
Pros
competitive industry salary
Cons
no job security
Helping out was rewarding.
Secretary of the student council (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2014
I volunteered to run for this position, and was elected in. We held 50/50 draws and put together a food drive for Community Care.
instructor
Massage Therapy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJuly 29, 2013
Great workplace,and excellent experience. The hours weren't desirable.
Relaxed, enjoyable environment.
Spa Clinic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 24, 2013
Cashing out clients, assisting students in a learning environment, booking appointments.
From my experience thus far, I have learned how to step in a teaching and management role.
My coworkers are fantastic, always there to help and listen.
The hardest part of my job is inspiring the students to actually want to be at school and be motivated to learn.
The most enjoyable part of my job would be seeing students grow and become the best they can be.
Rewarding work and great team environment.
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJune 3, 2013
Trillium College is a rewarding and challenging place to work. I have always found my work very rewarding and the truth is that we, in the Private Career College Sector make a very large impact on our communities at large. We do this by providing people with the knowledge and skills required to become gainfully employed and productive members of society. Working with the team at Oshawa has been a pleasure. We have truly overcome some remarkable challenges.
Pros
great co-operative work environment within the campus.
Cons
long hours and long commute
Private Career College
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 27, 2013
Typical private career college, the school is run like a business with the main objective being generation of revenue, not education.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
horrible culture

2.5