Instructor - Medical Office Assistant
Use your professional expertise to engage, instruct, and inspire
Become a valued member of our Faculty at Trillium College and discover a more rewarding way to apply your professional expertise. You will be able to utilize a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods to bring our curriculum to life for your students.
At Trillium College we’re in the business of changing students’ lives. As a member of our faculty, you’re in the position to make that happen.
General Job Description:
Provide quality delivery of assigned courses using the appropriate method including teaching, tutoring, and lecturing in compliance with Trillium’s company policies, procedures, and regulatory/legal requirements. Responsible for administration of an assigned course of study within a diploma/certificate program by planning, overseeing, and evaluating the activities of students in the assigned academic program.
Plan, prepare and deliver quality classroom instruction in lecture and or laboratory format based on the approved curricula
- Select and utilize a variety of approved course materials and teaching methods - using lectures, demonstrations, laboratory experiments, discussion groups, clinic sessions, and seminars - to insure the needs of the individual students are met in the program
- Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance policies
- Deliver communications on school policy, financial aid, and academics based on management direction
- Manage classroom teaching conditions and environment through active instructor presence in order to promote positive classroom discipline and control, timely class meetings, and appropriate use of furniture and equipment
- Provide students academic support and advice and refer them for additional assistance as required; tutor if necessary and provide other assistance as needed
- Motivate students by demonstrating sensitivity for their concerns and actively involving them in classroom discussions and or activities
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of students
- Contribute actively to the process of curriculum review
- Achieve assigned retention rate in accordance with the campus, and accreditation and company guidelines by maintaining accurate attendance records daily and communicating attendance concerns to the education director
- Timely completion of all official college records, including grade reports, skill review cards, and plans/logs
- Implement and manage company policies and procedures such as attendance, grade reports, midterm reports, student advising forms, and all other assigned educational materials on a timely basis
- Participate in faculty/staff meetings, committee meetings, professional development workshops, graduation ceremonies, and other school functions as requested
- University degree with a minimum of 2 years experience in a teaching capacity – within area of expertise, or equivalent combination of post-secondary education – from an accredited educational institution recognized by Trillium
- Minimum of 5 years professional business experience within area of expertise
- Education and experience must meet the requirements of the Private Career Colleges Act
- Knowledge of adult learning principles is essential for every program
Technical skills/software knowledge
- 2 years minimum experience in the medical field as a medical office administrator
- Formal training in a recognized educational institution
- Credentials must be kept on file at the campus and checked for renewal annually
- 2 letters of professional recommendation
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office
- Minimum of 1-3 years practical work experience
Trillium College strives to create knowledge, to open the minds of students and to enable students to take best advantage of their...