Trillium College - Ottawa, ON
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Part Time 4 hours per day. Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 Hourly 20 hours per week. Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Ottawa , Ontario (1 vacancy)
Instructor - Accounting
75 Albert Street
Instructor - Accounting & Payroll
Trillium College operates 8 campuses throughout Ontario.
This is your opportunity to become a valued member of our Faculty at Trillium College. You will apply a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods to bring our curriculum to life for your students.
The Trillium College Accounting and Payroll Program requires an instructor who is motivated by producing strong student outcomes.
General Job Description:
To bring your experience and training forward while instructing the assigned courses using the appropriate policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for administration of an assigned course of study within a diploma program by planning and evaluating the activities of students in the assigned academic program.
Plan, prepare and deliver quality classroom instruction in lecture format based on the approved curricula
- Select and utilize a variety of approved course materials and teaching methods - using lectures, illustrations and demonstrations to ensure the needs of the individual students are met in the program.
- Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance policies.
- Deliver communications on school policy, financial aid, and academics based on management direction.
- Manage classroom teaching conditions and environment through active instructor presence in order to promote positive classroom discipline and control, timely class meetings, and appropriate use of furniture and equipment.
- Provide student’s academic support and advice and refer them for additional assistance as required; tutor if necessary and provide other assistance as needed.
- Motivate students by demonstrating sensitivity for their concerns and actively involving them in classroom discussions and or activities.
- University degree with minimum 2 years experience in a teaching capacity – within area of expertise, or equivalent combination of post secondary education – from an accredited educational institution recognized by Trillium College.
- Minimum 5 years professional business experience within area of expertise.
- Proficient computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office, QuickBooks and Simply Accounting.
75 Albert Street
Ottawa, ON K1P 5E7