At Trillium College we provide career focused education that teaches the skills employers demand. With our small class sizes and module based teaching method, Trillium College provides the perfect environment for learning by letting you focus on one topic at a time.
In today’s competitive marketplace you need the hands-on practical experience, placement coordination and permanent job placement assistance after graduation that we provide to both GET AHEAD and STAY AHEAD.
With over 20 years in the Private Career College industry, ALL of our diploma programs are approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities, and most of these courses can be completed in less than a year.
Find out what Trillium College can do for YOUR FUTURE!
We are currently recruiting for a NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR
The Network Administrator is responsible for general network maintenance on local and wide area networks (LAN’s and WAN’s), relating to users, contexts and network devices. This individual installs, configures, and supports the software and hardware components of internal/external networks, as well as deploy and maintain all systems, applications and related computer equipment. The Network Administrator troubleshoots network performance and provides technical guidance to end users.
- Analytical Thinking
- Organizational and Environmental Awareness
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Perform the planning, development, and management of all Network services, programs, and support throughout the enterprise.
- Administer and maintain the use of all networks as well as connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment.
- Provide training and orientation for staff in services, applications and equipment, ensuring that appropriate operational documentation is produced.
- Install, maintain, evaluate and upgrade all computer hardware and software.
- Provide internal and external Network support (server security, software updates, hardware maintenance etc.).
- Assist with the implementation, deployment and operation of information systems and technology solutions for business needs.
- Assist senior management with the direction and facilitation of Network strategic and tactical planning.
- Oversee project management for Network-related undertakings, including clear capture of business requirements, provision of functional deliverables, milestone planning, and project post mortems.
- Assist with capacity planning for network bandwidth, storage requirements, messaging, Web sites, and other applications.
- Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and/or customers.
- Create status reports as required; present findings to senior management.
- Maintain control records and perform data backups.
- Perform and assist with disaster recovery operations as necessary.
- Plan end-user training as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in computer science, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required.
- Advanced overall knowledge of networking, operating system, and server architectures, including Windows Server Architecture, Exchange Server, Terminal Services, MS SQL, VoiP, Cloud Services.
- Advanced knowledge of Web design/application principles and tools, including web based CMS systems such as WordPress.
- Advanced knowledge of Cloud Computing principles and tools, including familiarity with core services from main Cloud Computing vendors.
- Good overall knowledge of programming concepts, software development cycles, and associated tools and platforms, including ASP.NET, ASP, PHP.
- Proficiency with SQL databases.
- Proficiency with networks, firewalls, encryption, WiFi and other aspects of network security technologies.
- Highly effective project management skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Extensive Travel will be required from Campus to Campus.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
We invite all interested and qualified individuals to apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 9 months ago
At Trillium College we provide career focused education that teaches the skills employers demand. With our small class sizes and module...