At Trillium College we provide career focused education that teaches the skills employers demand. With our small class sizes and module based teaching method, Trillium College provides the perfect environment for learning by letting you focus on one topic at a time.
In today’s competitive marketplace you need the hands-on practical experience, placement coordination and permanent job placement assistance after graduation that we provide to both GET AHEAD and STAY AHEAD.
With over 20 years in the Private Career College industry, ALL of our diploma programs are approved by the Ontario Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities, and most of these courses can be completed in less than a year.
Find out what Trillium College can do for YOUR FUTURE!
We are currently recruiting for a Career Advisor/Education Sales Representative
Trillium College’s Campus Locations are searching for Full Time Career Advisor/Education Sales Reps to join the Trillium Team. Are you sales oriented, high energy, organized, and competitive? Are you passionate about helping others succeed? Do you have the desire and drive to motivate others to improve their quality of life?
If you answered yes, then the Career Advisor/Education Sales Rep role may be exactly what you’re looking for!
General Job Description
As a Career Advisor/ Education Sales Rep, your job is to sell our programs to prospective students. At Trillium College, our academic offerings are second to none and with the number of different programs we have- there is no limit to your success!
The expectation is that the majority of a Career Advisor/ Education Sales Rep’s time will be spent directly interacting with prospects/students either in person or on the phone by meeting or exceeding Company standards.
- Take inquiry calls from all potential students interested in receiving information about the programs, entrance requirements, or curricula and academic standards.
- Encourage qualified prospects to schedule an appointment for an interview.
- Make outbound phone calls to potential students who may have interest in attending the institution. Outbound calling efforts are a key component of this role.
- Initiate unsolicited leads and generate new business when not responding to outstanding inquiries or working with current prospects/students.
- Follow up on all inquiries that fail to schedule or show for an interview.
- Follow up with interviews that did not progress in the enrollment process and dropped/cancelled students to resolve any issues or address concerns.
- Schedule and conduct student interviews, wherein any reference to Financial Aid complies with the stated Company Policy.
- Utilize only approved company materials during the interview process, and conduct interviews according to the stated policies and process at all times.
- Meet with potential students to discuss and advise suitable programs in accordance with the student's desires, qualifications and objectives.
- Make all efforts to ensure that admissions management meets with the potential student and is well informed about the student's motivations and concerns about attending the college.
Mentoring and Guidance
- Mentor and advise students to help them identify their unique skills and interests.
- Provide information and advice, guidance and assistance to students using established procedures and policies on available programs and eligibility requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between student and campus, assist in completion of forms as needed (including reviewing applications and related documentation for compliance)
- Partner with Finance to ensure a high level of customer service during the transition, and follow up to ensure that financial aid package is complete.
- Address all inquiries, questions, concerns or and ensure appropriate action is taken to the satisfaction of the student, Company, and/or regulatory agencies in compliance with policy, procedures and legal requirements.
- Accurately account for all admissions activity associated with all inquiries.
- Complete daily activity reports.
- Ensure that all pre-start paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Keep all required reports current and accurate, including information stored in the system.
- Attend and successfully complete all training for this position, as required at any time by the Company.
- Perform other duties as assigned by local leaders.
- Attend meetings as directed by supervisor.
- Dependability: Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Decision Making: Displays willingness to make decisions
- Communication: Effectively communicates with others
- Time Management: Is able to complete all job requirements in allotted time
- Work Ethic: Displays an organized and results-oriented approach, and motivation to perform without extensive direction
- Accuracy: Displays high quality of work and level of accuracy
- Minimum 1 year sales experience (including admissions experience)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work assigned/flexible hours necessary to complete the job on a weekly basis