Assistant Manager – Microbiology
Medical Laboratory Technologist, CMLTA
Email dmckenzie (at) trilliumhr (dot) com
Multi-site Location: Peace Country, Alberta
Operating 24/7, Microbiology plays a key role in providing quality services and maintaining high levels of infection control within hospitals and long-term care facilities.
As an valued and integral part of the team, the Assistant Manager, Microbiology provides day-to-day supervision, oversight and direction of the Microbiology Laboratory Operations at Base Lab.
- Medical laboratory Technologist certified (diploma or degree).
- Must possess current registration with CMLTA.
- Successful completion of CSMLS examination.
- 3 - 5 years of laboratory experience.
- Supervisory/management experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of Collective Agreement interpretation.
- Working knowledge of CPSA and CAP accreditation standards and guidelines.
- Familiarity with equipment and instrumentation typically found in a microbiology laboratory.
- Supervisory duties including but not limited to, managing staff, teambuilding, and application and enforcement of established operating procedures and policies.
- Provide coaching and feedback to employees as appropriate
- Prepare and administer employee performance appraisals
- Prepare employee schedules; ensuring proper staffing levels are maintained
- Maintains positive relationships with all internal and external associates
- Identification of opportunities for operational improvement
- Support selection and implementation of new technologies, methodologies, instrumentation and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
For further information, please contact:
Operations Manager Western Canada
- Direct Line: 604.433.3944 Toll Free: 1.877.598.2881
- Email: dmckenzie (at) trilliumhr (dot) com Website: http://www.trilliumhr.com
- Follow Us! Twitter: @TrilliumHR Skype: trilliumhr-BC
- Link In! ca.linkedin.com/pub/debby-mckenzie/12/672/728
Trillium Talent Resource Group, BC Office
2nd Floor, 5050 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC, V5H 4H2
Trillium Talent Resource Group is one of North America's leading executive search and recruiting firms with over 20 years experience. Trillium Talent Resource Group's head office located in Toronto, ON; regional offices in Cambridge, ON; Mississauga, ON, Burnaby, BC; Calgary, AB; Regina, SK, Birmingham, AL, Atlanta, GA and Nashville, TN with additional satellite offices in India, the Philippines, Ireland and the UK. "Adding Value Through People"