Trifecta Technologies is a consulting and software services company which specializes on delivering e-commerce solutions based on the IBM WebSphere Commerce platform. While there are many large consulting firms doing e-commerce work, Trifecta Technologies has one of the highest concentration of e-commerce experts in the industry. This has positioned our company to be recognized as an IBM Premier Business Partner for Smarter Commerce Solution. Our elite project teams are passionate about e-commerce best practices, are focused on doing things right, and have fun while doing it.
What we offer
- Learn the e-commerce software that Fortune 500 companies use to run their web sites.
- Develop client relationship skills by working with major international brands.
- Grow your technical and e-commerce skills by learning from the best in the business.
- Learn the consulting business without being on the road all the time.
- Obtain meaningful technical experience and certifications which are sought after across the world.
- Motivation and drive to achieve will provide the opportunity for rapid growth within a very experienced team that is focused on building a fun and successful working environment.
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment, but the team is also a fun-loving group that has developed a lot of trust and friendships. Our team members game, eat, play sports, and even go on travel excursions together.
- Dog friendly office where you can bring your (well behaved) dog to work.
Benefits and Compensation
- Full benefits
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work from home when needed once settled into assigned projects
As a WebSphere Administrator, you will be part of a team dedicated to supporting Trifecta’s e-commerce customer’s production environments in high-volume transaction environment. The WebSphere Administrator will be responsible for delivering managed services to support and maintain Trifecta customer e-commerce solutions, as well as identifying new tools and processes to better support e-commerce sites.
Role and Responsibilities
- Primarily support customer operation including directly troubleshooting and resolving production problems of deployed WebSphere based solutions. Perform root cause analysis, diagnose and correlate all necessary information to determine the appropriate course of action, and escalate unresolved issues as appropriate.
- Schedule, test and deploy regular fixes, patches and upgrades of WebSphere components and WebSphere based solutions to multiple environments. Configure and update SSL certificates for WebSphere servers as required.
- Work across teams to ensure the highest level platform performance, availability and disaster recovery.
- Identify opportunities for tuning enhancements to components such as, but not limited to, OS and JVM parameters and configurations, garbage collection, caching, queuing, connection pools, plug-ins and JDBC drivers.
- Monitor Application Server performance and work with application development teams to identify and deploy solutions for performance problems.
- Hands on installation and configuration of WebSphere Application Server in a clustered environment.
- Identify areas for automation using tools or scripting languages.
- Interface with IBM and other software vendors to clearly articulate problems and obtain solutions.
- Interface with hosting provider teams to debug problems, articulate and follow up on service requests, and escalate/track critical issues.
- Evaluate and report on new tools and techniques for monitoring and securing an e-commerce site.
- Prepare and maintain thorough documentation of technologies, standards and procedures.
- Manage change tickets per Change Management process, and participate in change reviews and approval process.
- Perform middleware software log file rotation and archiving.
- Maintain middleware software security compliance, as well as review and assess security vulnerability alerts.
- On call 24 hours a day 7 days a week on a rotation basis; on occasion will have to be at the office outside of normal working hours but most off-hours work can be performed from home.
Qualifications / Skills
- Education level of a University Degree, College Diploma in Computer Studies or equivalent with minimum of five (5) years hands-on IT Operations and Production Support experience.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) and ability to work effectively with various levels of staff and management.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills who can communicate with all levels of employees.
- Strong project methodology and the ability to work closely with project teams.
- In-depth knowledge and proven experience of technical problem analysis, determination, and resolutions skills in similar capacity and technology profile, and a creative problem solver.
- Within your experience, you have administered, installed, and configured the topology of large complex multi-level infrastructure systems.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems which includes Linux, Unix, AIX, and Windows. Linux server administration certification is a plus.
- Subject Matter Expert in IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS Version 6 and above) in the following areas:
o Caching methods and configuration
o Virtual host creation and configuration
o Experience monitoring WAS JVM usage and collecting log/heap information after server outages
o Experience with WAS admin script creation / execution
o Experience with SSL certificate maintenance
o IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment certification is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of IBM DB2 and/or Oracle database primarily focused on:
o Backup / restore strategies
o Runstats / reorg maintenance
o Performance tuning
o DBA certification is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of IBM HTTP Server in the following areas:
o Setting up new domains for customers
o Redirect and rewrite rules to support SEO and other initiatives
o Installing new plugins
o HTTP access log monitoring
- Advanced knowledge of scripting in the following areas:
o Experience with Cron jobs, Shell scripts, FTP/SFTP, etc.
o Knowledge of Unix scripting (Perl, Korn Shell, Bash Shell)
- Advanced knowledge of Virtualization on multiple operating systems (Linux, AIX), with VMware preferred.
- Good understanding of configuration for high availability, clustering, and failover.
- Working knowledge of Web Services (XML/XSLT, SOA, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, WS-Security).
- Working knowledge of J2EE (JMS, JDBC, EJBs, JSP/Servlets, JCA, JDO) applications.
- Working knowledge of networking which includes load balancers, networks and DMZs. Networking related certification is a plus.
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Trifecta Technologies is a consulting and software services company which specializes on delivering eCommerce solutions based on the IBM...