Tridon Communications Employee Reviews

Totally Lacking Professionalism
Radio Technician , (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurray, AB6 December 2017
High turnover of technicians . Work 12 hour days and they expect you to skip break times otherwise you're not a "part of the team ". You have to supply your own tools and you even have to buy your own mouse for the laptop that you share with another worker. The company steadies are a bunch of finger pointers that are not very experienced with working on an industrial site. I witnessed all kinds of harassment going on . I had 3 technicians quit within my first week of working with the company . Working for this company was demoralizing .
Pros
I found the work to be interesting, thank goodness I had a few good fellow technicians to work with.
Cons
Too much back stabbing going on, company policies are a ridiculous, their safety policies and procedures are substandard, technicians had to do their own time sheets, technicians have to do a pile of other ridiculous paper work, Management has no respect for its workers, too much nickel and diming .
growing company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 September 2017
an oil field company with a whole lot of work and a good reputation eithin this field. plenty of jobs to be had with chance for growth and raises quickly.
Productive and Customer Service Professionalism
Keyholder, retail sales (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 February 2017
One of the best companies to work for and really teaches you how to learn outside your comfort zones. The professionalism is great the customers are fantastic and learning new things and having curveballs thrown your way is fun and exciting and keeps work fresh.
Potential galore, however, shareholders make running the company harder than it should be.
Wireless Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 May 2016
Every employee has the potential to be a great employee. The Tridon culture that I knew didn't have time to waste on this idea. Why? Because business and customer needs were/are hitting the team at that speed of light. No one had time to waste on making people's jobs or lives easier.
Tridon seemed to have equality in most areas, yet the company that I knew lacked equity amoungst it's people.
Turnover was way too high, this in part came with the literal territory of Nothern Alberta. So high in fact, it seemed disheartening to managers, and thus it became accepted as business as usual.
Speaking of managers, in four years I counted 14 different service managers. Now I know I was a pain in the @#$, but 14? No way that was all me. One of the poor %€£¥$#@&* said "not one person invited my wife and I out for drinks".
Now I'd like to belive "the chosen one" (makes me smile) has addressed many of these issues. I know it has been made so, and I know every soul under the Tridon flag has the potential for greatness. It remains the coach's duty to see that potential come to fruition.

As an employee that was fired, I remain the company's number one fan. Now that's saying something!

Tridon is a great company to work with, a community pillar, and a privilege for future team members.
Pros
Approachable and politics free management that truely cares about your well being.
Cons
Select Edmonton staffers refuse to follow Tridon's proven business model and service standards.
Good Techs
Work as tower crew team lead in such tasks (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2016
The Techs and work is great but upper Management do not listen to your concerns
Often work out of town but pay incentives have been taken away
Amazing coworkers and company spirit!!
Tier 2 Field/Bench Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB22 March 2016
Nice company to work for, your coworkers are always there to help you. They try very hard not to set you up to fail, but it can happen. Like any other company.
Pros
Great company spirit and togetherness.
Cons
Not very much in the way of advancement
Too many chiefs not enough indians and the CEO thinks he's the chosen one!
Not sure! (Former Employee) –  Edmonton / Fort McMurray7 October 2015
The majority of the people that works there are nice people, they had a good group of talented people but the management structure has manged to either lay them off or make them quit, overall is a bad joke. Upper management runs that company like if it was the size of Motorola when in reality, they have a technical group that is very new to the industry (the majority) and have to rely on 2-3 people to make things work.

When Edmonton was ran by Red Deer, things were way better, then the almighty Management Group from Fort Mc and Edmonton took over a well ran company and Tridonized everything.

Service is dead, sales are....well you know...yet the company has more VPs than any other company I have ever seen in my life.
Pros
Nice building!
Cons
They can barely afford the nice building!
Company
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2015
The company was great to work for when we were Communication Group, but when we got purchased by Tridon Fort Mc it was got worse. All the senior techs left the company to go work for Comgroup Reddeer and left myself which was new to industry to pull the weight. They would never allow me to advance cause I was excellent at installs of 2-way into anything and GPS systems.

The amount of pay is a joke, and they expect to jump on overtime and work out of town. Which is no problem for anyone that doesnt have a family.

My co-workers was a amazing to work with, sales people in the company was great and friendly.

My current manger was amazing to talk to and very friendly.
Pros
Great people to work with if your right fit
Cons
poor upper management
Tridon
Inside Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 April 2015
Tridon Communications was a great place to work. My co-workers were pretty awesome and so was my manager. I already had cellular knowledge but working at Tridon gave me the opportunity to learn more and to help improve my customer service skills. The hardest part of the job was getting a sale on slow days. My favorite part of the job was interacting with the public and feeling pleased with myself when I was able to help someone fix a problem.

The downside to that company is job security isn't their strong point. They choose to lay off one of the senior staff instead of part time workers and new hires. I felt as though I was cheated out of job security. I feel like they didn't think their decision through enough.

I'm not going to hold a grudge against the company because I know it will not get me anywhere. I enjoyed my time there and I'm hoping to move on from this as a learning experience and find something else that I can succeed at.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
No job security
Fun and enjoyable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 August 2014
Typical day at work would involve opening the store, stocking shelves and tiding up, serving customers, doing inventory, handing cash, dealing with complaints, making phone calls to technical support and customer service.
Great first time admin experience.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 August 2012
I was thrown into the job without any work experience in the administrative area. Overall, I learned a lot and was given a lot of responsibilities right away.