New Products. New Ideas. New Trico.
Trico Homes is recognized as one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies” and one of the “Best Workplaces in Canada”. Our corporate vision is to “enhance our customers’ live while enriching the community.” Trico Homes offers a unique team environment with excellent compensation and complete benefits package, including flexible work schedules, team building and reward activities, RRSP matching, opportunities to volunteer and education reimbursement.
We are currently recruiting for a: Product Development Designer
This is a full time, permanent position
The successful candidate will join our team of drafting and design technologists whose primary responsibility is to create unique and stylish customer home plans. This position requires a positive individual with strong leadership skills who will be an integral part of our product development team and take on increasing responsibilities as experience levels grow.
- Designing and creating new, innovative plans, options, and elevations
- Researching and implementing new innovative technologies and products into our designs
- Preparing design development presentations
- Generating complete working drawings in a timely manner
- Improving and maintaining standard plans and options
- Working and managing show home production files
- Creating site plans
- Submitting applications for approval to architectural control
- Writing addendums and extra to contracts for what is required for show home using Home Front
- Requesting and checking structural layouts and required engineering
- Completing check-sets for other team members
- Creating reports
- Attending meetings and site visits
- Working with sales and marketing for brochure requirements
- Communication and integration with other departments, architectural controls, developers, trades, suppliers and municipal or city officials
- Architectural graduate from a recognized Architectural Technologists Program
- Minimum of 3 years experience in residential design, plus 3 years in residential drafting
- A strong desire to contribute to a customer focused environment
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Superior AutoCAD skills, technical drafting and research experience
- Extensive knowledge of local building codes, by-laws, and residential building practices
- Speed, accuracy and proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extremely well organized with good interpersonal skills
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
Until suitable candidate is found.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge in a workplace where excellence is valued, please send your resume by email.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that a security clearance will be part of the recruitment process.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Trico Homes is dedicated to being a progressive, profitable and ethical home builder. We pride ourselves on building relationships with our...