New Products. New Ideas. New Trico.
Trico Homes is recognized as one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies” and one of the “Best Workplaces in Canada”. Our corporate vision is to “enhance our customers’ live while enriching the community.” Trico Homes offers a unique team environment with excellent compensation and complete benefits package, including flexible work schedules, team building and reward activities, RRSP matching, opportunities to volunteer and education reimbursement.
We are currently recruiting for an: Intermediate Accountant
This is a full time, permanent position
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Intermediate Accountant will be working within a team and will be responsible for assisting in a number of areas, including Accounts Receivable, bank reconciliations, maintenance of fiscal records and the preparation of financial reports. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Responsible for the maintenance of books of account (including but not limited to preparing checks, coding and posting invoices, preparing deposits, journal entries, reconciliations)
- Prepare monthly / quarterly financial statements
- Liaise with staff and support them in book-keeping needs related to their program areas.
- Maintain year-end working papers and spreadsheets, and assist with preparation for any audits or independent reviews
- Complete monthly reconciliation
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory changes and impacts on the organization’s books of account.
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and bookkeeping activities.
- Maintain up-to-date, complete and systematic filing system to support book-keeping and financial records.
- Furnish internal reports, revise and update reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnish external reports as necessary.
- Preferably Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 3+ years of experience in accounting
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines.
- Good team player.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
Until suitable candidate is found.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that a security clearance will be part of the recruitment process.
Indeed - 15 months ago
Trico Homes is dedicated to being a progressive, profitable and ethical home builder. We pride ourselves on building relationships with our...