New Products. New Ideas. New Trico.
Trico Homes is recognized as one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies” and one of the “Best Workplaces in Canada”. Our corporate vision is to “enhance our customers’ lives while enriching the community.” Trico Homes offers a unique team environment with excellent compensation and complete benefits package, including flexible work schedules, team building and reward activities, RRSP matching, opportunities to volunteer and education reimbursement.
We are currently recruiting for an: Estimator – Multi-Family
This is a full time, permanent position
The Estimator – Multi-Family will be responsible for detailed construction cost management of projects and providing cost advices. He or she will be tasked with preparing and maintaining a list of suppliers and trade contractors. This individual's accuracy is critical to the profitability of the business, as under-estimates may cause significant financial losses and over-estimates may reduce the competitiveness of products. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
- Provide cost input in the planning stage of projects with regards to construction costs of base and optional features.
- Update specifications.
- Prepare Bid Invitation to trades and organize a bidding list. Maintain a “Bidding Website” for bidders to obtain all the necessary information to prepare the bid.
- Clarify queries from suppliers/ trade contractors during bidding.
- Analyze quotations, negotiate contract prices and terms, coordinate and finalize selection of trades.
- Prepare base budget templates and issue base budget to the estimating system.
- Prepare option templates on base packages and upgrade options.
- Review approved ETC/Addendum prior to releasing to site/trades
- Work with Construction’s schedule, raise alarm to any late ETC/Addendum involving structural changes or changes with additional costs incur.
- Invoice approval.
- Monitor and keep record of all site changes and changes by addenda.
- Maintain a valid WCB list for current projects.
- Assist to update budgets periodically to reflect current project costs, profit margins and outstanding payments.
- Explore new technology in construction and determine the cost implications and feasibility of application.
- Review working drawings. Address any missing or incorrect items.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, structural, mechanical blueprints and specifications.
- Knowledge of estimating, lump sum contracts and construction management.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to do material and labour estimates.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to interpret job cost reports.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc.)
- Proficient with professional estimating programs such as Precision Builder, Profit Builder and Timberline
- Ability to multi task, have flexibility to switch between project bids and work to deadlines.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
- Respect diversity - treat others with respect.
- Uses initiative and processes a positive attitude towards teamwork.
- Capacity to train and coach other members of the department.
- 5+ years experience in multi-family residential estimating with a Builder/ Developer
- Estimating experience with a General Contracting company is an asset.
- Diploma or degree in Building, Construction Management, Architectural Technologies, Quantity Surveying or equivalent from a recognized technical institute.
- Designation of PQS, CEC or Master Builder is an asset.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be presented to the successful candidate.
Until suitable candidate is found.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge in a workplace where excellence is valued, please submit your resume.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that a security clearance will be requested prior to employment.