Have you ever wanted to ride a giraffe? Us too, but what we really want is a great candidate to join our team.
We recognize that a company, any company, is nothing more or less than the people who make it up. Trico Homes is continually recognized as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and one of the Best Workplaces in Canada – and that says a lot about our culture. We combine our energy for work with our passion for life, community and learning, which we believe create a fuller, more enriched lifestyle.
We care equally about aptitude and attitude and hire for both. When you arrive at Trico, we want you to stay and experience what the freedom to inspire, create, and innovate feels like.
Our success is your success. Want to join our team?
We are currently recruiting for a: Accounts Payable Clerk
This is a full time, temporary position (mat leave coverage)
The Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in disbursing non-payroll accounts payable to individuals, suppliers, corporations, and other entities. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and account irregularities. The A/P Clerk will also ensure the timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as purchase orders, travel reimbursements, and any other accounting transactions related to A/P management. This position involves diplomatic interaction to provide billing information and support in order to facilitate daily bank reconciliations
- Collaborate with the Accounting Team to maintain collection goals and general A/P performance levels.
- Obtain approval for disbursements and ensure that expenditures do not exceed available cash.
- Prepare and fill out payments to third parties, whether by cash, check, credit, and other forms of payment.
- Audits purchase requests for materials, supplies, equipment, and other collateral; verifies that orders are charged to the proper accounts.
- Post and reconcile company payments to general ledgers.
- Review bills to the company for potential errors and/or discrepancies.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Post A/P data to Accounting programs
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Balance daily A/P batches; prepare and distribute payment reports and statistics to key personnel.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Form payment strategies to make timely A/P payments and mitigate supplier objections.
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate A/P policies and procedures.
- Diploma in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 2 years direct experience in an A/P capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills in order to handle late payments and delinquent accounts.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Advanced proficiency with Timberline / AX Dynamics accounting software and spreadsheet programs and applications.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
Until suitable candidate is found.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge in a workplace where excellence is valued, please send your resume.
We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that a security clearance will be part of the recruitment process.
Indeed - 11 months ago
Trico Homes is dedicated to being a progressive, profitable and ethical home builder. We pride ourselves on building relationships with our...