Do you love working with children and using your creative flair in a team oriented environment? Then Trico Centre for Family Wellness has a wonderful opportunity for you. Trico Centre is seeking enthusiastic, outgoing service oriented individuals to supervise and lead groups of school aged children ages 3-12 within our Day Camp Programs. Individuals will be responsible for providing fun quality programs for Trico Centre Day Camp participants by; actively participating in the implementation, communication and delivery of daily activities.
- Plans, organizes, implements and evaluates programs specifically designed to benefit Day Camp participants
- Supervises and coordinates volunteers selected to assist with the day camp program
- Attends leadership training and likes teaching, sharing and exchanging ideas with others in the leadership field
- Prepares, plans and organizes well-balanced program materials to include; creative crafts, music, drama, sports and games, swimming, skating and field trips
- Participates in all programs, including scheduled pool, land and outdoor activities
- Provides the ability, patience and skills to work with volunteer leaders so they profit from their experiences and grow both in leadership capacity, understanding of people and the value of recreation
- Administers appropriate behavioral management skills when needed
- Develops alternative solutions to problems and sets appropriate and effective priorities in one’s own activities as well as those of the participants
- Demonstrates and maintains good judgment, dependability, flexibility and effectiveness when working in varying environments or on changing or new tasks
- Knows safety and health regulations and adheres to the standards set forth in the summer orientation and by Trico Centre
- Maintains clean facilities, ensures proper care/maintenance and use of equipment. Each week leaders will be responsible for a specific area of the facility.
- Provides weekly parent notices and detailed lesson plans and completes weekly performance evaluations on peers and volunteers
Hours of Work:
- Scheduled hours of work are based on participant registration numbers and individual performance resulting in work schedules that can fluctuate in hours from part-time to full-time from Monday through Friday each week.
- The work term begins during specified seasonal breaks in keeping with the Public and Separate School systems timetables.
- Post-secondary Education in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Recreation, High School Student or equivalent experience (i.e. previous volunteer within Trico Centres Day Camp Volunteer Program)
- Police Security Clearance mandatory if 16 or over
- Minimum age requirement is 15 years of age
- Standard First Aid and Level C CPR Certification required
- Previous leadership or volunteer experience in an organized children’s program
- High Five training a definite asset
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Energetic and enthusiastic and enjoys working with children
- Self-starter with an ability to adapt and remain flexible
- Superior planning, organizational and delivery skills
- Excellent positive behavior management skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Sound leadership ability
- Ability lead others in their development
- Willingness to participate in pool, land and outdoor activities
- Must be able to work the required schedule set by the supervising coordinators
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work in a fun team-based environment
- Free facility membership for the duration of the summer
- Wage scale $11.00 - $15.00 per hour based on experience
- Opportunity to use your creativity and develop new skills
Location: 11150 Bonaventure Drive S.E.
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Trico Centre for Family Wellness. “We are an equal opportunity employer”.
Please send applications to:
Trico Centre for Family Wellness
11150 Bonaventure Dr. SE
Calgary, AB T2J 6R9
Attention: Child and Youth Program Director
Indeed - 9 months ago
Trico Centre for Family Wellness is a non-profit, community-operated fitness and wellness facility located in South Calgary. Working in...