Trican Well Service

Trican Well Service Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bait and Switch!
Administration (Former Employee), Clairmont (Grande Prairie) ABFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: office politics, poor salary and career advancement
In Trican's generic job postings for administrative positions they write:

What Makes Us Attractive:
•Excellent base salary with one of the best benefit programs in the industry
•Long-term commitment, including a training and career development program
•Above-average career advancement opportunities

These where what drew me to the company. Benefits are very good the only truth the the above 3 statements. Base salary is average and is all the same regardless of your experience. I found out I was getting paid the same as the receptionist that had less than a year experience and I had over 8. They do not believe in giving raises (after three months, a year or even if you change to a position with more responsability eg. accounts payable to accounts recievable).
They do not let administrative staff go for training and they do not give you a timely performance review or have you set up in a career development program. The only "above-average career advancement opportunities" are if someone gets fed up before you do.
You will get 2 weeks vacation but you are not allowed to go on a two week vacation until you have been with the company for a year. You can go on a one week vacation after 6 months of service. Not a week before. They claim they are family friendly, not true, if you have kids, you better hope they never get sick or need you at any time between 8-5.
Expect to hear sexist remarks from Management.Expect your direct manager to blame everything on the Base Manager or Calgary. She will not support or fight for you. She is just a puppet.

Ladies I worked with were great.

Wishing I had known all of this before I started.
Not the company it used to be!
Former Employee (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 13, 2012
Pros: good benefits and reasonable compensation.
Cons: new management that have changed the culture of the company
Company advocated that employees were cared about but this is no longer the case. Executive have lost touch of what is important and that is their employees. Loyalty is no longer valued. This company has changed for the worse.

February 8, 2013

Exactly why I just left at the end of January 2013. With 30+ years experience as a Partsperson, and 3 years with TRICAN, I felt my knowledge and experience wasn't valued in any way, my opinion didn't matter and there were no advancement opportunities for me. The more my workload increased the less they seemed to care about me as an employee.

Great company with easy going atmosphere
Fracturing Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 27, 2012
Pros: relaxed environment
Love the environment and knowledge level. Well respected company in the city.