Trican Well Service Employee Reviews

Great place to work where they put family first
Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Grande prairie ab6 October 2017
Great training opportunities and room for advancement. Upper level management have an open door policy to discuss any issue or ideas.this company looks after your family when in need
Pros
6 days off
Cons
15 days on
Great company to be a part of.
Logistics driver class 1 (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB24 September 2017
Excellent company to be a part of. Willing to train. Paid training. Understanding management.great co-workers. Your attitude means everything. If you are willing to work hard and safe, the rewards follow.
Pros
Geeat opportunities
good place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  alberta23 September 2017
was good place to work, great people. management is bad. workplace was a desirable place to work. hardest part about the job having so many people to trying to juggle requisitions. the whole job is enjoyable
Fast pace and a little disjointed.
Electronic Services (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 September 2017
The company has been trying to move into a culture of coaching and mentoring. There are some key people that were excellent and thrived in this environment. While other long term employees/managers struggled. Definitely years of service pays dividends with this company as they covet their own.

The company is in a better place coming through the downturn and will grow as an industry leader.
Pros
They encourage a family type environment and believe that the home does come first.
Cons
Poor leadership in a couple areas
productive and fun place to work
Truck driver, bulk operator (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB4 July 2017
Days of work was flexible
I have learned to deliver construction material for the first time
management was excellent
Work place culture was friendly
Nothing was hard here, may when it was raining and cold was hard to work outside.
I have enjoyed everything in this company
Bad place to work
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB15 April 2017
Horrible management and lot of partiality. Supervisor in Hinton is so unethical and will work you to death. You will never be happy again they will always find something to blame you with always no matter how hard you work. They always talk about safety but make you work over hours all the time.
No balance between work and live. Too much stress.
I will never work for this company ever again.
Not a great place to be...
electronics technician (Former Employee) –  Hinton,AB25 March 2017
Money is good but horrendous long hours. Benefits are the best I've seen but that's where it ends. This company laid off all their employees and cut their pay by up to 70%...then turns around and buys another frac company. The wages now have been cut in half and the bonuses are almost gone. This company made millions on the backs of hard working people but treated them like dirt when the market for oil went down. As far as i'm concerned they stole from their employees and after they were gone....bought another company...and carries on like its business as usual. A lot of people I know have left the company and many have quit because of the way they are treated. They rave about respect but give none to their employees. It was a good company back in the day but now I would rather live in a dumpster than work for these thieves. your choice...do your research.
benefits
Cons
bad supers, bad moral, no job security, no respect
It's about the same as any other oil field service line company.
Operator Twin 2 (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB4 March 2017
It's a good place to work. Good people and lots of work which equals more money to take home. Excellent in house and subcontracted trainers. Good benefits package.
great company, tough work
Industrial Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB7 January 2017
long shifts 15 on 6 off, hard dirty work, great benefits, not a lot of room to grow in some divisions, learned a lot, management wasn't always clear on next job
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long shifts
It used to be good.
Fracture operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 September 2016
I was in the fracturing Dept and things were good a few years back when the oilfield was busy. I enjoyed my job and liked my crew , we all stick up for each other. Unfortunatly, as times became slower and things were uncertain the job changed. The management constantly treated the employees like garbage and as time went on more and more people left, yet they continued to treat everyone like they were nothing. Maybe now they have realized it after loosing almost everyone this spring.
Frac Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 June 2016
Trican is a great place to work although the economy is not helping their current situation. The offer great benefits, constant opportunities for growth, and very competitive wages.
Great co-workers
Cement operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 May 2016
The job was definitely physically demanding but rewarding. The company was fair and helpful. There were very long working hours but the work gave me 6 days off each full shift.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
working very long hours
Enjoyed working
Junior SharePoint Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2016
- I learned a lot about SharePoint from Architecture point of view.
- Helped a lot of fellow co-workers regarding SharePoint
- All my co-workers were really friendly
- the amount of tickets were so high and challenging which ensured me to learn even more from my co-workers
good place for experience
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 April 2016
was a good place for experience, worked on alot of different equipment and was home every night. Your time was never really your own being on call all the time but gave me great experience and people skills once I decided to go someplace else.
Pros
experience on lots of different types of equipment
Cons
time was never your own
great place to work
Frac Pump Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 February 2016
Good place to work, can't beat the benefits. The 15 and 6 schedule is alright. But if your not popular or liked by others, come break up you can say goodbye.
benefits
Cons
long days, being gone for long periods of time.
Hard work with good pay and benefits
nitrogen supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB26 November 2015
Trican was a great place for me to work for 5 years. Because of my age and my children being grown up the away from home part was not as bad as if I had younger family. I found working with my co-workers very interesting and entertaining since I was twice their age. The hardest part of the job was being away from home next to that would be driving the tractor trailer since I had no experience before coming to trican. Definitely the feeling of accomplishment in a job well done was my most enjoyable part of the job but it was on very few occasions that someone from the company would specifically say anything directly to you.
Pros
medical benefits and holidays
Cons
always away from home and work long hours
Great company when times are right
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 September 2015
Great company to work for. At the mercy of oil prices management at the time was no good resulting in poor supervisors and leadership.
benefits
A company like many, that does what is in their interests first.
Heavy duty mechanic (Current Employee) –  alberta5 September 2015
Steady secure, job. and that is about all. There is not anywhere to go with this place. Very hard to advance in a company that has so many people that are well connected. If you are content with a day to day job with a steady paycheck then this is the place for you. If you have career ambitions, I would suggest you get experience from them and move on.
no money
heavy equipment technician/Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  red deer ab24 June 2015
great shift 8 10hr days 6 off - great benifit pakage - fantastic workmates fun and helpfull - poor trust from managment not able to do jobs that have done in past at other shops - no money low low wages - managment looks at you as just a tech you dont like the way things are be on your way we do not need your opinion on how things are run good or bad -
Pros
great quality of life
Cons
no money
Great working environment, very safety focused.
Iron Truck II (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB12 April 2015
Trican was a great place to work all around. Co-workers and management were both invested in my training and the training was top notch. It's hard for me to judge the Job Security/Advancement section because I was only 5 months in when the crash in oil prices came and we got laid off. That being said, given the opportunity I would certainly go to work for them again.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
We weren't kept busy enough but that was due to outside circumstances.