Trican Well Service Employee Reviews

Hard work with good pay and benefits
nitrogen supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hinton, ABNovember 26, 2015
Trican was a great place for me to work for 5 years. Because of my age and my children being grown up the away from home part was not as bad as if I had younger family. I found working with my co-workers very interesting and entertaining since I was twice their age. The hardest part of the job was being away from home next to that would be driving the tractor trailer since I had no experience before coming to trican. Definitely the feeling of accomplishment in a job well done was my most enjoyable part of the job but it was on very few occasions that someone from the company would specifically say anything directly to you.
Pros
medical benefits and holidays
Cons
always away from home and work long hours
Great company when times are right
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABSeptember 9, 2015
Great company to work for. At the mercy of oil prices management at the time was no good resulting in poor supervisors and leadership.
benefits
A company like many, that does what is in their interests first.
Heavy duty mechanic (Current Employee) –  albertaSeptember 5, 2015
Steady secure, job. and that is about all. There is not anywhere to go with this place. Very hard to advance in a company that has so many people that are well connected. If you are content with a day to day job with a steady paycheck then this is the place for you. If you have career ambitions, I would suggest you get experience from them and move on.
no money
heavy equipment technician/Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  red deer abJune 24, 2015
great shift 8 10hr days 6 off - great benifit pakage - fantastic workmates fun and helpfull - poor trust from managment not able to do jobs that have done in past at other shops - no money low low wages - managment looks at you as just a tech you dont like the way things are be on your way we do not need your opinion on how things are run good or bad -
Pros
great quality of life
Cons
no money
Great working environment, very safety focused.
Iron Truck II (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, ABApril 12, 2015
Trican was a great place to work all around. Co-workers and management were both invested in my training and the training was top notch. It's hard for me to judge the Job Security/Advancement section because I was only 5 months in when the crash in oil prices came and we got laid off. That being said, given the opportunity I would certainly go to work for them again.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
We weren't kept busy enough but that was due to outside circumstances.
Good company, but affected by gas prices
Journeyman Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 19, 2015
I worked for Trican for just under 4 years and was laid off due to market conditions. Their wages are not the top in the industry but still competitive, however the culture, benefits and team make up for that. We worked for a few months longer than other companies in the industry due to the foresight of our management to plan work that would be stable for longer. They are affected by gas prices and eventually had to lay off staff as well so its only as stable as the price of gas.
Great company to work for
IT / Field Software Support (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMarch 12, 2015
Friendly environment. Good salary and strict safety standards. If it wasn't for falling oil prices, I would have been happy with Trican for a long time.
benefits
Cons
falling oil prices means lay-offs
Good Company to work for
Parts Technician / Master Data Stewart (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 9, 2015
Loved working for Trican and would still be there is not for the Economic climate and them having been laid off as a result
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBFebruary 25, 2015
the job is tough at times and the hours are long but the benefits and everything else that the company offers makes it worth it all at the end the 15 and 6 schedule makes the work live balance hard.
doesn't follow there core values
coil tubing op (Former Employee) –  grande prairieOctober 29, 2014
They build them selves up to be such a great company that looks after employees well when i hurt my back they fired me two days later and with held my final pay and were arragont and rude and unwilling to admit they wrongfully fired me
Pros
bonuses, people
Cons
long hours. poor attention to employee concerns and issues
they're ok
Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  AlbertaJuly 2, 2014
I worked for Trican for 3 years and I wish I would not of stayed that long,the values the preach they do NOT follow themselves, if management liked you they would let you get away with anything and they only liked the people the friends they put in positions, if your going to work here get your class one put in the year you owe them for getting it for you and get out
Pros
they pay to get your class 1
Cons
dont follow the rules and policies they have in place
is a typical well service cmpany
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJune 29, 2014
good shifts, decent pay, great retirement job, good inter department relations
Fun and enjoyable
Technical Trainee (E.I.T) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 13, 2014
I had a very memorable experience at Trican Well Service. The team leads and managers are very friendly and they understand their employees problems and needs.
No Direction/lots of favouritism
Parts (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMay 25, 2014
I gained lots go good working knowledge but was unable to use it
as the management at the location I worked at was a joke. Then only way to advance is to be related to someone higher up or be a buddy of a special group of people in Red Deer. If you are not a butt kisser look for work somewhere else.
Pros
pay, some of the employees
Cons
lies, lack of direction, no future
Iron Worker
Iron Worker (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMay 13, 2014
-Rebuilt and preformed pressure testing on all different units such as plug valves, swivels, check valves and safety irons.
Ok work environment
Parts Lead (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 30, 2014
Not very challenging. Not accepting to employee input. Little chance of advancement.
Pros
relaxed work environment
Cons
not much future
great place to work.
Heavy Duty field mechanic (Current Employee) –  albertaApril 14, 2014
great place to work with good benefits and good people to work with
Pros
great benefits
Awesome job
Frac Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SKMarch 18, 2014
Great place to work..awesome pay and great opportunities..learned a lot and gained a great deal of valueable experience
good experience
electronics specialist (Former Employee) –  hintonJanuary 29, 2014
Overall good experience, pumping company with having units like Fracpumps , blenders , N2 units , data vans , chemvans
5 years heavy duty mechanic
Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJanuary 7, 2014
Poor training program for heavy-duty mechanic for learning their equipment. They will tell you one thing and do another. Barely any overtime. Company is a dead-end place to work at. If your a trades person stay away
Pros
they do have a good benefit program
Cons
inexperienced management