Trican Well Service Employee Reviews

Bad place to work
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB15 April 2017
Horrible management and lot of partiality. Supervisor in Hinton is so unethical and will work you to death. You will never be happy again they will always find something to blame you with always no matter how hard you work. They always talk about safety but make you work over hours all the time.
No balance between work and live. Too much stress.
I will never work for this company ever again.
Not a great place to be...
electronics technician (Former Employee) –  Hinton,AB25 March 2017
Money is good but horrendous long hours. Benefits are the best I've seen but that's where it ends. This company laid off all their employees and cut their pay by up to 70%...then turns around and buys another frac company. The wages now have been cut in half and the bonuses are almost gone. This company made millions on the backs of hard working people but treated them like dirt when the market for oil went down. As far as i'm concerned they stole from their employees and after they were gone....bought another company...and carries on like its business as usual. A lot of people I know have left the company and many have quit because of the way they are treated. They rave about respect but give none to their employees. It was a good company back in the day but now I would rather live in a dumpster than work for these thieves. your choice...do your research.
benefits
Cons
bad supers, bad moral, no job security, no respect
It's about the same as any other oil field service line company.
Operator Twin 2 (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB4 March 2017
It's a good place to work. Good people and lots of work which equals more money to take home. Excellent in house and subcontracted trainers. Good benefits package.
great company, tough work
Industrial Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB7 January 2017
long shifts 15 on 6 off, hard dirty work, great benefits, not a lot of room to grow in some divisions, learned a lot, management wasn't always clear on next job
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long shifts
It used to be good.
Fracture operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 September 2016
I was in the fracturing Dept and things were good a few years back when the oilfield was busy. I enjoyed my job and liked my crew , we all stick up for each other. Unfortunatly, as times became slower and things were uncertain the job changed. The management constantly treated the employees like garbage and as time went on more and more people left, yet they continued to treat everyone like they were nothing. Maybe now they have realized it after loosing almost everyone this spring.
Frac Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 June 2016
Trican is a great place to work although the economy is not helping their current situation. The offer great benefits, constant opportunities for growth, and very competitive wages.
Great co-workers
Cement operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 May 2016
The job was definitely physically demanding but rewarding. The company was fair and helpful. There were very long working hours but the work gave me 6 days off each full shift.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
working very long hours
Enjoyed working
Junior SharePoint Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2016
- I learned a lot about SharePoint from Architecture point of view.
- Helped a lot of fellow co-workers regarding SharePoint
- All my co-workers were really friendly
- the amount of tickets were so high and challenging which ensured me to learn even more from my co-workers
good place for experience
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB2 April 2016
was a good place for experience, worked on alot of different equipment and was home every night. Your time was never really your own being on call all the time but gave me great experience and people skills once I decided to go someplace else.
Pros
experience on lots of different types of equipment
Cons
time was never your own
great place to work
Frac Pump Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 February 2016
Good place to work, can't beat the benefits. The 15 and 6 schedule is alright. But if your not popular or liked by others, come break up you can say goodbye.
benefits
Cons
long days, being gone for long periods of time.
Hard work with good pay and benefits
nitrogen supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB26 November 2015
Trican was a great place for me to work for 5 years. Because of my age and my children being grown up the away from home part was not as bad as if I had younger family. I found working with my co-workers very interesting and entertaining since I was twice their age. The hardest part of the job was being away from home next to that would be driving the tractor trailer since I had no experience before coming to trican. Definitely the feeling of accomplishment in a job well done was my most enjoyable part of the job but it was on very few occasions that someone from the company would specifically say anything directly to you.
Pros
medical benefits and holidays
Cons
always away from home and work long hours
Great company when times are right
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 September 2015
Great company to work for. At the mercy of oil prices management at the time was no good resulting in poor supervisors and leadership.
benefits
A company like many, that does what is in their interests first.
Heavy duty mechanic (Current Employee) –  alberta5 September 2015
Steady secure, job. and that is about all. There is not anywhere to go with this place. Very hard to advance in a company that has so many people that are well connected. If you are content with a day to day job with a steady paycheck then this is the place for you. If you have career ambitions, I would suggest you get experience from them and move on.
no money
heavy equipment technician/Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  red deer ab24 June 2015
great shift 8 10hr days 6 off - great benifit pakage - fantastic workmates fun and helpfull - poor trust from managment not able to do jobs that have done in past at other shops - no money low low wages - managment looks at you as just a tech you dont like the way things are be on your way we do not need your opinion on how things are run good or bad -
Pros
great quality of life
Cons
no money
Great working environment, very safety focused.
Iron Truck II (Former Employee) –  Drumheller, AB12 April 2015
Trican was a great place to work all around. Co-workers and management were both invested in my training and the training was top notch. It's hard for me to judge the Job Security/Advancement section because I was only 5 months in when the crash in oil prices came and we got laid off. That being said, given the opportunity I would certainly go to work for them again.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
We weren't kept busy enough but that was due to outside circumstances.
Good company, but affected by gas prices
Journeyman Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB19 March 2015
I worked for Trican for just under 4 years and was laid off due to market conditions. Their wages are not the top in the industry but still competitive, however the culture, benefits and team make up for that. We worked for a few months longer than other companies in the industry due to the foresight of our management to plan work that would be stable for longer. They are affected by gas prices and eventually had to lay off staff as well so its only as stable as the price of gas.
Great company to work for
IT / Field Software Support (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 March 2015
Friendly environment. Good salary and strict safety standards. If it wasn't for falling oil prices, I would have been happy with Trican for a long time.
Benefits
Cons
Falling Oil Prices means lay-offs
Good Company to work for
Parts Technician / Master Data Stewart (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 March 2015
Loved working for Trican and would still be there is not for the Economic climate and them having been laid off as a result
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB25 February 2015
the job is tough at times and the hours are long but the benefits and everything else that the company offers makes it worth it all at the end the 15 and 6 schedule makes the work live balance hard.
doesn't follow there core values
coil tubing op (Former Employee) –  grande prairie29 October 2014
They build them selves up to be such a great company that looks after employees well when i hurt my back they fired me two days later and with held my final pay and were arragont and rude and unwilling to admit they wrongfully fired me
Pros
bonuses, people
Cons
Long hours. poor attention to employee concerns and issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Trican Well Service. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8