Trican Well Service Employee Review

View all Trican Well Service reviews

Bait and Switch!
Administration (Former Employee) –  Clairmont (Grande Prairie) AB6 February 2013
In Trican's generic job postings for administrative positions they write:

What Makes Us Attractive:
•Excellent base salary with one of the best benefit programs in the industry
•Long-term commitment, including a training and career development program
•Above-average career advancement opportunities

These where what drew me to the company. Benefits are very good the only truth the the above 3 statements. Base salary is average and is all the same regardless of your experience. I found out I was getting paid the same as the receptionist that had less than a year experience and I had over 8. They do not believe in giving raises (after three months, a year or even if you change to a position with more responsability eg. accounts payable to accounts recievable).
They do not let administrative staff go for training and they do not give you a timely performance review or have you set up in a career development program. The only "above-average career advancement opportunities" are if someone gets fed up before you do.
You will get 2 weeks vacation but you are not allowed to go on a two week vacation until you have been with the company for a year. You can go on a one week vacation after 6 months of service. Not a week before. They claim they are family friendly, not true, if you have kids, you better hope they never get sick or need you at any time between 8-5.
Expect to hear sexist remarks from Management.Expect your direct manager to blame everything on the Base Manager or Calgary. She will not support or fight for you. She is just a puppet.

Ladies I worked with were great.

Wishing
  more... I had known all of this before I started.  less
benefits
Cons
office politics, poor salary and career advancement

Other Trican Well Service Employee Reviews

The frac manager in Red Deer is a bully
Nitrogen supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 November 2017
Stay away from this company, it was a great company to work for at one time I was there for many years but then a new manager was running the N2 department like it was a dictatorship and then he was moved into frac and now that division is reined by him. He is under investigation from the labor board but still has his job. I can see why some upper management left quickly if this is the type they keep in office.
Pros
Benefits and field hands
Cons
Great place to work where they put family first
Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Grande prairie ab6 October 2017
Great training opportunities and room for advancement. Upper level management have an open door policy to discuss any issue or ideas.this company looks after your family when in need
Pros
6 days off
Cons
15 days on