Trican Well Service Employee Review

View all Trican Well Service reviews

A good company to work for but has huge problems
Purchaser/Partsperson (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 February 2013
I spent 3 years with Trican as a Parts Person for Down Hole Tools. I was the only person working in teh Storeroom and had to do all tasks pertinent to operating a warehouse/storeroom. I looked after 5 geographical regions for downhole tools and as the workload increased so did the problems. It wasn't long before I discovered there was no opportunity for advancement as a Parts Person, my years of experience didn't matter, nor did my opinion about the operation of the Storeroom. Offers to change the operation were made but only meant more work for me to do, adding to the stress already present.
It's great place for advancement if you are a Coil Tubing Operator, Tool Technician, Frac Operator or any other Field position, but if you;re a supporting trade/position you can forget it. They hire outside people who are unqualified for management positions. Case in point - New Supply Chain Manager for Completions Systems and Downhole Tools is a Registered Engineering Technologist with no knowlege or experience in Supply Chain Management. Why would any company put someone in such a position with no knowledge/experience whatsoever?? The "old boys Club" mentality is still alive and doing fine in the oilfield.
Pros
great pay and benefits - if that's all you;re looking for then it's a great company to work for.
Cons
management says they have an open door policy, sure, you can go in and talk to them b ut they won;t do anything about the problems you discuss.

Other Trican Well Service Employee Reviews

The frac manager in Red Deer is a bully
Nitrogen supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB9 November 2017
Stay away from this company, it was a great company to work for at one time I was there for many years but then a new manager was running the N2 department like it was a dictatorship and then he was moved into frac and now that division is reined by him. He is under investigation from the labor board but still has his job. I can see why some upper management left quickly if this is the type they keep in office.
Pros
Benefits and field hands
Cons
Great place to work where they put family first
Heavy Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Grande prairie ab6 October 2017
Great training opportunities and room for advancement. Upper level management have an open door policy to discuss any issue or ideas.this company looks after your family when in need
Pros
6 days off
Cons
15 days on