The Operations Manager will ensure the requirements of the 2010 - 2015 Aboriginal Skills Employment & Training Strategy (ASETS) Contribution Agreement are met.
- Ensuring relevant assistance and support is provided to the Tribal Chiefs Employment & Training Services Assocation (TCE&TSA) First Nations for the development and implementation of community-based training programs & initiatives;
- Coordinating & facilitating workshops and otherwise ensuring that pertinent information is provided on federal, provincial and private sector policies & initiative in a timely & efficient manner to the TCV First Nations;
- Establishing and maintaining an effective liaison with: the TCE&TSA First Nations, Service Canada, other federal departments, provincial, municipal, & community agencies, professional associations, training and educational institutions affiliated with delivering labour market services & programs by promoting an awareness of First Nations human resource development and marketing programs/services.
- A post-secondary education in Human Resource Management and/or equivalent experience;
- Familiarity with federal policies and programs on human resource development;
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles & procedures;
- Computer skills should include: Microsoft Office Suite 2007 and Venn One software program;
- Knowledge of training programs/services and community resources available within the Northeastern part of Alberta and Edmonton area;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, oral and organizational skills;
- An awareness and understanding of the TCV First Nations traditions and culture;
- The ability to communicate in a First Nation language would be considered an asset;
- Proposal Writing Skills;
- Extensive Travel required.
Indeed - 17 months ago
Tribal Chiefs Employment & Training Services Association (TCETSA) is an agreement holder of the Aboriginal Skills and Employment...