Product Sorter Evening Shift 2pm - 11pm
Facility and Operations Supervisor
The Sorter is responsible for grading and sorting products according to factors such as color, length, width, appearance, feel and quality to ensure correct processing and usage, while ensuring that all of their efforts are compliant with TVC Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
This position operates under flexible parameters. The primary goal of this position is to achieve excellence in all facets of the position. Providing the highest quality product safely, effectively and efficiently decreases accidents and errors and increase profits.
- Strictly adhere to all TVC Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Provide a safe environment for all employees, customers and visitors.
- General clean up and yard maintenance including but not limited to digging, sweeping, maintenance of weeds and brush.
- Basic sorting of scrap, as well as metal and debris in preparation processing.
- Greasing and general cleanup at the shear and/or shredder.
- Assist with repairs and maintenance as required,
- Provide backup or assistance throughout the yard as needed or assigned.
- Report all equipment deficiencies or malfunctions for maintenance or report to the proper supervisor.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all Tri- Venture Group employees, customers and vendors.
- Candidates must have the ability to carry out instructions provided in written, oral or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to speak and understand English as a basic level required.
- Ability to learn new tasks as assigned.
- Experience in a scrap yard preferred with experience in sorting metals.
- Working outdoors in uncontrolled climate conditions, with some time indoors with controlled temperatures.
- Noise level is usually moderate, but can be higher outdoors.
- Stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Have a full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; and bending, reaching, and crouching.
- Must have command of all five senses, sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to shift in focus from distant forms to close forms.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with regularity.
- Self discipline and initiative with strong work ethic
- Understanding of basic tool and equipment applications
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions