Heavy Equipment Operator
Facility and Operations Manager or designate
The Operator is responsible for the operation of equipment in a safe and effective manner in accordance with the safety policies and procedures. The operator will operate the following equipment: forklift and skid steer and any other machinery as directed.
- Seek out opportunities to cooperate across Business Unit boundaries to maximize the success of the Tri-Venture Group.
- Ensure compliance with all established Occupational Health and Safety Act, safety policies and procedures as established by Tri-Venture Group.
- Report all unsafe acts and conditions to the Business Unit Manager or Yard Supervisor.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Wear all safety protective gear in accordance to all safety regulations.
- Enters logs, inspection documentation, and other required paperwork accurately and submits to the supervisor daily.
- Reports all equipment malfunctions and maintenance issues expediently to the Facility and Operations Manager.
- Performs daily equipment safety and maintenance inspections. Report deficiencies to Facility and Operations Manager.
- Seek guidance and direction from Facility and Operations Manager if unsure of how to complete an assigned task.
- Communicate requirements for equipment maintenance, parts, supplies, and tools to Facilities and Operations Manager.
- Perform relief and/or overtime assignments as required.
- Operate equipment with appropriate attention, care, and control and in compliance with equipment design and specifications.
- Weather permitting, shut down equipment during all times of non-usage (i.e. work breaks, lunch period, meetings, etc.)
- Exhibits respect at all times for Company property including tools, supplies, vehicles, and equipment.
- Report for work on time and ready to begin work.
- Attend and participate in all safety, toolbox, training, and other scheduled Business Unit meetings (unless specifically excused).
- Cooperate with and exhibit respect to other Tri-Venture Group employees, customers, and vendors.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: One year as an operator
- Undergo the required training to be certified as a forklift and/or skid steer operator.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- A full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; and bending, climbing, reaching, and crouching.
- Have command of all five senses, sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to shift in focus from distant forms to close forms.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with regularity.
- Working primarily outdoors in uncontrolled climate conditions, with occasional time indoors with controlled temperatures.
- Travel will be in all types of weather and normal auto and air travel hazards will apply.
- Noise level is usually moderate, but can be higher outdoors
- Self discipline and initiative with strong work ethic.
- Understanding of hydraulic equipment applications.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
Indeed - 4 months ago