Heavy Equipment Operator - With focus on an Excavator and Grapple attachment
The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for the operation of heavy duty equipment in a safe and effective manner in accordance with the safety policies and procedures. The operator will operate the following equipment: grapple, magnet and shear to complete demolition work which involves but not limited to picking, tearing, pulling and working on metal beams, sheets, plates, billets and bars that can unexpectedly break free. Seek out opportunities to cooperate across Business Unit boundaries to maximize the success of the Tri-Venture Group.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Operate a massive unit with attachments: grapple, magnet, shear to rip, pull, and tear primary structures apart or down.
- Enters logs, inspection documentation, and other required paperwork accurately and submits to the supervisor daily.
- Separates materials and loads containers.
- Read; interpret blueprints, diagrams, plans.
- Weather permitting, shut down equipment during all times of non-usage (i.e. work breaks, lunch period, meetings, etc.)
- Report for work on time and ready to begin work.
- Ensure compliance with all established Occupational Health and Safety Act, safety policies and procedures as established by Tri-Venture Group.
- Report all unsafe acts and conditions to the site supervisor.
- Attend and participate in all safety, toolbox, training, and other scheduled site meetings (unless specifically excused).
- Wear all safety protective gear in accordance to all safety regulations.
- Report all equipment malfunctions and maintenance issues expediently to the site supervisor.
- Extensive visual inspection, lubrication and tightening of machinery.
- Exhibits respect at all times for Company property including tools, supplies, vehicles, and heavy equipment.
- Cooperate with and exhibit respect to other Tri-Venture Group employees, customers, and vendors.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Formal training in machine operation from an accredited training facility.
- Previously worked in a construction or demolition environment as a heavy equipment operator for minimum of 5 years.
- Ability to maneuver heavy equipment with shear/bucket/pulverizing attachments.
- Travel is expected to various work sites.
- The ability to work safety in the area of demolition using heavy equipment to demolish various structures.
- Required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- A full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; and bending, climbing, reaching, and crouching.
- Have command of all five senses, sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to shift in focus from distant forms to close forms.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds with regularity.
- Working primarily outdoors in uncontrolled climate conditions, with occasional time indoors with controlled temperatures.
- Travel will be in required.
- Noise level is usually moderate, but can be higher outdoors
- Self discipline and initiative with strong work ethic.
- Understanding of hydraulic equipment applications.
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
Tri-Venture Construction Ltd. is an Industrial Facilities Life Cycle Solution. We consist of several diverse yet complimentary companies...