Facility and Operations Manager
Vice President of Metal Recycling
The Facility and Operations Manager reports directly to the Vice President of Metal Recycling and has a primary focus on driving, guiding and influencing the support mechanisms that streamline and coordinate the overall operational effectiveness and efficiency of the assigned operations. The F&O Manager focuses specifically on: overall Health & Safety and Environmental compliance; quality control; maintenance and accuracy of all material inventories; coordination of inter-yard transportation of materials; ensuring their facility’s volume quotas are being met by communicating with the TVC Group; and continuous improvement for facilities, administration and management of production and operation employees.
- Responsible for supervising the processing of scrap metals efficiently while promoting an accident free and environmentally compliant workplace.
- Contribute to personnel decisions including hiring, discipline including up to discharge, merit pay and annual performance reviews.
- Supervise employee work schedules, including assignments, training, vacations, paid time off, cover absenteeism and overtime scheduling.
- Create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles and values of Tri-Venture Group.
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary and financial responsibilities and activities of the metal recycling unit.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency and output.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable and defensible in accordance with Tri-Venture Group policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the metal recycling unit operation.
- Supervise and mentor yard foreman who has direct responsibilities of the yard area operations.
- Assist business development representative in business presentations to serve opportunities.
- Review performance data that includes financial, sales and activity reports and spreadsheets to monitor and measure metal recycling unit’s productivity, goal achievement and overall effectiveness.
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers and subordinates verbally and in writing.
- Communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government and other external sources.
- Use relevant information and individual judgement to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations and/or standards.
- Assist in establishing long range objectives strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others inside and outside the organization.
- Keep up to date technically and apply new knowledge to your job.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
- Knowledge and experience in business, supervision, management and customer services.
- Basic knowledge of heavy equipment used in scrap yard including but not limited a torch, grapple, forklifts, bobcat, heavy equipment with grapple, magnet and shear attachments, baler and other metal recycling related equipment.
- Knowledge of the functions, operation and mission of the metal recycling unit.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching and developing skills.
- Management experience in a team oriented workplace.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic economics, budgeting, accounting principles and practices.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices and employee relations.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration.
- Minimum of five – ten years previous experience in scrap metal operations, familiarity with physical operations and personnel.
- Project management experience or specialized knowledge a plus.
- Good communication
- Good mathematical skills
- Intermediate computer competency
- Problem solving
- Dealing with a large number of variables
- Determine the best course of action
Indeed - 30+ days ago