Trent University Employee Reviews

Lifeguarding
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 January 2018
The athletics department is poorly managed and it was a very poor experience working under the higher-ups at Trent. The pay is abysmal for a lifeguarding position and the school is clearly taking advantage of desperate students.
Cons
poor management, low pay
Excellent Community
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON18 January 2018
I loved the people and I loved working there. Everyone was so friendly and we really connected together as a community. Would really recommend working here, especially in the English department.
Solid school
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 January 2018
Perfect school size and high quality education. High quantity and quality of programs and events to help students maintain mental health and to network with potential future employers and graduate schools.
Productive & Supportive
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 October 2017
Supportive workplace with ability to experience teaching in different departments
Little mobility or job security as contract based
Good opportunity to work with individuals of all different backgrounds and interests
Very Good
Chemistry Department Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON3 August 2017
The pay was good as well as the hours. Not too much to say other than that. There was really no con to working here and it worked well with my busy personal and class schedule
Just a student
Student (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON13 June 2017
I didn't actually work at Trent University, I was just a student. For some reason Indeed is making me write this review. However - many of my friends did work for the University, and from what I gather they all enjoyed it for the most part.
Good starting point
Student Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 April 2017
learned many admin duties and about admin position. good balance as a student working plus school full time. management could be stronger however it it is a newer campus.
Good job to have while studying in school. Fun management and staff.
Athletics Complex convener and event organizer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 February 2017
This was a job I had while in school. It was fun working in the athletics department, everyone was friendly and were open to new ideas to improve operations and leagues that were run.
Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 February 2017
Trent University Durham’s 2016 incoming class is the largest in our 40+ year history. This fall, the university welcomed more than 400 new incoming students and bolstered the student body population to well over 1,000 students. As a result, more student-life activities have also been introduced, including an intercollegiate soccer program.
Great place to work and learn
Teacher's Assistant + Professional Tutor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 January 2017
Be active and they will pay you good money. .
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Work contracts are inconsistant
Fun place to work
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 January 2017
I have fun with the students. It is fun to teach them Spanish and be able to talk to them. There are great resources to plan the classes. It is a great influence
A positive and rewarding experience
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 January 2017
One of Canada's top universities, Trent University was founded on the ideal of interactive learning and professional experience that's personal, purposeful and transformative.
Small University that lacks graduate organizations
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 November 2016
Trent is a fairly disorganized place to work if you are a graduate student.

There is very little administrative help, and when there is, it is often hard to deal with. During my time at this University, every teaching position I got was very last minute and it was hard to get straight answers out of department assistants for available positions if you were a student over -time.
Pros
Smaller faculty to work with
Cons
Disorganized
Good for a small income at school
SCR Monitor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 September 2016
Typically all that I would do is maintain the senior common room to make sure it was clean and ready for the professors, and I would be responsible for putting out the tea and coffee for them too.
Teaching placements offered me challenges and unique opportunities I could not find elsewhere.
Teacher Candidate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 May 2016
For my most recent placement, I was responsible for teaching a full day of classes. I taught Grade 9 Core French Applied, Grade 9 French Immersion Geography, and Grade 12 French Immersion. Everyday I would have to present and facilitate a lesson adhering to the Ontario curriculum expectations as well as engaging for students of all learning abilities. I loved working with the students and teaching them new things that interest them in new and fund ways.
Lovely people and a very fun place to work.
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON.11 May 2016
Everyone that I have worked with has a great attitude and a very good sense of humour. The work felt a bit repetitive on some days, but my coworkers would always find a way to make the day enjoyable. I always left work at the end of the day with a smile because of them. It was truly a good place to work and I would encourage others to really consider working at this small but lovely institution.
Pros
Potluck Days, Holiday Festivities, Healthy Work Environment
Cons
Sometimes Repetitive Work
Excellent Balance of School and Work
Psychology Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 April 2016
They made maintaining my grades and contributing to the workplace easy. Comfortable environment that led to happiness in the workplace.
Good way to get some income and start the day early
Meeting Room Monitor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 February 2016
This job is quite simple and a good way to generate some income while studying without any interference with classes.
Typical day at work will be waking up at 6 am unlock the professors meeting room, organize tables, chairs. Prepare the coffee machine set all cups. Gather newspapers. Make a list of supply that might be running low and report back to supervisor later on the day.
Pros
does not interfere with any class schedule
Cons
Work was interesting but contracted and low pay
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 January 2016
I enjoyed the experience fully and would happily work in the field again. The only downside was working more than 60hrs per week with a fixed minimum pay rate.
Fun workplace
UT MENTOR (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 September 2015
• Mentoring and supporting newcomers in many fields such as accommodation, life information and cultural aspects of Canada
• Successfully organized meetings, presentations, social activities and keeping a blog up date