Trent University Employee Reviews

Good starting point
Student Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 April 2017
learned many admin duties and about admin position. good balance as a student working plus school full time. management could be stronger however it it is a newer campus.
Good job to have while studying in school. Fun management and staff.
Athletics Complex convener and event organizer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 February 2017
This was a job I had while in school. It was fun working in the athletics department, everyone was friendly and were open to new ideas to improve operations and leagues that were run.
Good
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON10 February 2017
Trent University Durham’s 2016 incoming class is the largest in our 40+ year history. This fall, the university welcomed more than 400 new incoming students and bolstered the student body population to well over 1,000 students. As a result, more student-life activities have also been introduced, including an intercollegiate soccer program.
Great place to work and learn
Teacher's Assistant + Professional Tutor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON31 January 2017
Be active and they will pay you good money. .
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Work contracts are inconsistant
Fun place to work
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 January 2017
I have fun with the students. It is fun to teach them Spanish and be able to talk to them. There are great resources to plan the classes. It is a great influence
A positive and rewarding experience
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 January 2017
One of Canada's top universities, Trent University was founded on the ideal of interactive learning and professional experience that's personal, purposeful and transformative.
Small University that lacks graduate organizations
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 November 2016
Trent is a fairly disorganized place to work if you are a graduate student.

There is very little administrative help, and when there is, it is often hard to deal with. During my time at this University, every teaching position I got was very last minute and it was hard to get straight answers out of department assistants for available positions if you were a student over -time.
Pros
Smaller faculty to work with
Cons
Disorganized
Good for a small income at school
SCR Monitor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON2 September 2016
Typically all that I would do is maintain the senior common room to make sure it was clean and ready for the professors, and I would be responsible for putting out the tea and coffee for them too.
Teaching placements offered me challenges and unique opportunities I could not find elsewhere.
Teacher Candidate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 May 2016
For my most recent placement, I was responsible for teaching a full day of classes. I taught Grade 9 Core French Applied, Grade 9 French Immersion Geography, and Grade 12 French Immersion. Everyday I would have to present and facilitate a lesson adhering to the Ontario curriculum expectations as well as engaging for students of all learning abilities. I loved working with the students and teaching them new things that interest them in new and fund ways.
Lovely people and a very fun place to work.
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON.11 May 2016
Everyone that I have worked with has a great attitude and a very good sense of humour. The work felt a bit repetitive on some days, but my coworkers would always find a way to make the day enjoyable. I always left work at the end of the day with a smile because of them. It was truly a good place to work and I would encourage others to really consider working at this small but lovely institution.
Pros
Potluck Days, Holiday Festivities, Healthy Work Environment
Cons
Sometimes Repetitive Work
Excellent Balance of School and Work
Psychology Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 April 2016
They made maintaining my grades and contributing to the workplace easy. Comfortable environment that led to happiness in the workplace.
Good way to get some income and start the day early
Meeting Room Monitor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 February 2016
This job is quite simple and a good way to generate some income while studying without any interference with classes.
Typical day at work will be waking up at 6 am unlock the professors meeting room, organize tables, chairs. Prepare the coffee machine set all cups. Gather newspapers. Make a list of supply that might be running low and report back to supervisor later on the day.
Pros
does not interfere with any class schedule
Cons
Work was interesting but contracted and low pay
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 January 2016
I enjoyed the experience fully and would happily work in the field again. The only downside was working more than 60hrs per week with a fixed minimum pay rate.
Fun workplace
UT MENTOR (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 September 2015
• Mentoring and supporting newcomers in many fields such as accommodation, life information and cultural aspects of Canada
• Successfully organized meetings, presentations, social activities and keeping a blog up date
Great Culture to be immersed in
Jeux Du Commerce Central Captain (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON13 September 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Decent amount of politics. Allows you to develop knowledge to a profound level. Most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues. There was a lot of variety in what we do day to day, we were faced with projects that were challenging and fun.
Teaching
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON13 August 2015
I enjoy work at Trent. I like Trent work environment and management. Colleagues are very helpful, administrative departments are up to date.
Flexible hours but management is a joke
Student Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 May 2015
Spend most of the night making calls but if you need to contact the supervisor she probably won't get back to you for months
Pros
activities to make the shift seem shorter
Cons
horrible management
Great Pay poor administration
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 January 2015
Trent is a great place to work, good pay, hours, amenities, but the institution is highly disorganized, understaffed and underfunded.
Pros
Progressive culture
Cons
Winter
Great Work Environment
NSERC USRA Researcher (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 February 2014
Working as a researcher, I was in complete charge of my day, including start and end times. I gained experience building my independence and planning and designing my experiments. I enjoyed working the many people in the lab and have built lifelong friendships.
good place to work
research project (Former Employee) –  peterborough15 January 2014
good environment
my tutor was realy nice
dealing with data was really hard
the result was really impressive