Trent University Employee Reviews in Canada

Lovely people and a very fun place to work.
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON.May 11, 2016
Everyone that I have worked with has a great attitude and a very good sense of humour. The work felt a bit repetitive on some days, but my coworkers would always find a way to make the day enjoyable. I always left work at the end of the day with a smile because of them. It was truly a good place to work and I would encourage others to really consider working at this small but lovely institution.
Pros
Potluck Days, Holiday Festivities, Healthy Work Environment
Cons
Sometimes Repetitive Work
Good way to get some income and start the day early
Meeting Room Monitor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONFebruary 24, 2016
This job is quite simple and a good way to generate some income while studying without any interference with classes.
Typical day at work will be waking up at 6 am unlock the professors meeting room, organize tables, chairs. Prepare the coffee machine set all cups. Gather newspapers. Make a list of supply that might be running low and report back to supervisor later on the day.
Pros
does not interfere with any class schedule
Excellent Balance of School and Work
Psychology Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 19, 2016
They made maintaining my grades and contributing to the workplace easy. Comfortable environment that led to happiness in the workplace.
Work was interesting but contracted and low pay
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ONJanuary 10, 2016
I enjoyed the experience fully and would happily work in the field again. The only downside was working more than 60hrs per week with a fixed minimum pay rate.
Great Culture to be immersed in
Jeux Du Commerce Central Captain (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONSeptember 13, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Decent amount of politics. Allows you to develop knowledge to a profound level. Most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues. There was a lot of variety in what we do day to day, we were faced with projects that were challenging and fun.
Teaching
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONAugust 13, 2015
I enjoy work at Trent. I like Trent work environment and management. Colleagues are very helpful, administrative departments are up to date.
Fun workplace
UT MENTOR (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONSeptember 17, 2015
• Mentoring and supporting newcomers in many fields such as accommodation, life information and cultural aspects of Canada
• Successfully organized meetings, presentations, social activities and keeping a blog up date
Flexible hours but management is a joke
Student Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 7, 2015
Spend most of the night making calls but if you need to contact the supervisor she probably won't get back to you for months
Pros
activities to make the shift seem shorter
Cons
horrible management
Excellent Opportunity to develop research skills
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONOctober 24, 2013
I really enjoyed working in a laboratory environment in the role of researcher, I learned a lot about the corn smut fungus Ustilago maydis. The people I worked with were great and always willing to help with any problems. The hardest part of the job was working outside in the field in hot temperatures and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting answers to research questions.
Pros
good company, great environment
Great Pay poor administration
Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Trent is a great place to work, good pay, hours, amenities, but the institution is highly disorganized, understaffed and underfunded.
Pros
progressive culture
Cons
winter
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  PeterboroughMarch 22, 2012
Great Place. Hires students. Management eager to teach. On campus. Near restaurants
Pros
great work experience
Cons
computers where out dated
Pleasant and formative
Assistant Professor - limited term contract (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Ontario, CanadaSeptember 29, 2012
I had the chance to work in a small but well organized Mathematics Department dedicated to the continuous development of the learning environment which by the programmes adopted, endeavoured the expansion of the employment opportunities for its graduates.
Every morning witnessed the presence on my desk of the memo note with the important upcoming departmental and university events. Mail and email check followed by a last review of the lesson plan were activities just before the first lecture or seminar-workshop class. Lunchtime in the cafeteria was always an occasion to informally reconnect with fellow teachers and students often sharing insights into our daily work. The time in between classes was filled with office hours for student help and guidance. The end of classes was followed by office work as replying to emails, providing student support through the Blackboard integrated learning environment
and insuring that the next day planning was up to date.
Teaching at Trent considerably improved my organisational and time management skills and enhanced my ability to teach mathematics to students from divers socio-economic backgrounds with different levels of prior education and learning styles.
I would say that the management was understaffed, the only secretary the Department had was serving in the Dept. of Economics as well, but her hard work and proactive attitude never occasioned any administrative slippage. The members of the Department proved to be outspoken and highly supportive with one another. I can't think of any hard part of my activity at Trent University, every
  more... duty being accomplished with joy and dedication.  less
Pros
quality teaching for everyone, good teacher-student ratio, nonelitist but efficient undergraduate programmes, superb settings
Cons
workspace limitation, a little fuzzy on personnel selection and promotion criteria.
Great Work Environment
NSERC USRA Researcher (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Working as a researcher, I was in complete charge of my day, including start and end times. I gained experience building my independence and planning and designing my experiments. I enjoyed working the many people in the lab and have built lifelong friendships.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONOctober 28, 2013
It was a great opportunity and I learnt various aspects of conducting scientific research that I was not previously aware. It allowed me to become comfortable in the laboratory. I would recommend the position to any student that wants to pursue a Masters degree.
Great University
Molecular Ecologist and Forensic Biologist (Former Employee) –  PeterboroughMay 16, 2013
Great University in Peterbourough. On cutting edge of scientific methodologies
Pros
great small university
Cons
cutting edge
Trent University
Owl Bander (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONDecember 24, 2013
Lots of volunteers made the nights owl banding go by rapidly. A great hands on experience for any animal enthusiast.
good place to work
research project (Former Employee) –  peterboroughJanuary 15, 2014
good environment
my tutor was realy nice
dealing with data was really hard
the result was really impressive
Great Job
Animal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMay 10, 2013
Love working at Trent!
Great staff, positive environment.

4.4