Trend Micro Inc.

Trend Micro Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Culture in Trend Micro
Engineer - IT (Corporate IT Operations) (Current Employee), Pasig CityMarch 7, 2015
Pros: overflowing drinks in the pantry
Cons: low salary rate for it
This is what I love the most in my current employer. We have this culture that doesn't overwhelm whatever role you have. Your manager is your co-engineer, and everyone can be their own leader. Top executives always show their affection and care to all employees, by being transparent. If they see any rooms for improvement, they say so. If they are impressed by you, they give awards, they appreciates everyone. Your work in not in vain, may it be simple or complex. Everyone is a lot of help to the company, thats how Trend Micro treat all.
Nice work enviornment
Ent. Account Manager / Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free instant coffee
Cons: management & culture
Don't expect much from upper management
Decent product solution
Great employees
Free coffee
Culture use to be more of a family vibe where everyone felt like they owned a piece of the company and took more pride in the company.
New Irving Sales director replaced a great VP of sales and in my opinion no where near the level of management and lack of an eye for true dedicated talent
Good culture and collegues, bad product direction
Software Engineer (Current Employee), 台北市, TPEJanuary 16, 2015
Flexible working hour is good. I arrive the office at 10:30 everyday. My job is to develop a product, so I have to figure out what the request/feature is, and think about how to implement it. However, the product I am developing now is nothing amazing. I think it's a bad product.
Productive and fun workplace
Level 1 Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Cork, CDecember 28, 2014
We continually advance our technologies to deliver on our mission to make the world safe for the exchange of digital information.

Our cloud-era security model addresses the risks and opportunities inherent in cloud computing and the mobility of people, their devices and their data, as well as confronting the dangerous increase in targeted attacks on business and government.
Daily productivity at work place
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
A typical day at American Management Association would always start with the 9:30 meeting to go over the tickets and the days would be answering the help desk call and following thru with solving the user problems. Each day brought a new challenge and problems whether it was to fix a PC or to troubleshoot a Citrix VDI unit.
Proactive and fun place to work with a ping pong table
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJNovember 13, 2014
Daily management of assigned accounts....

Learned end point and network security.
Proactive and fun workplace with a lot of clubs
Senior Service Project Manager (Current Employee), 台北市, TPEMay 26, 2014
Pros: flexible hours; meal allowance; travel subsidy; free movies
Cons: small cubic; less privcy
My routine tasks are check for overall service availability and stability. Besides, I have to keep eyes on the service capacity and identify portenial risks and come up with solutions.
As everyone is coming from a different backgound, communication becomes a key to make a service successful. Also, to manage customers' expectation and to build up a trustyworthy relationship are very important to run a business.
I think I am quite lucky to join this company not only I have a fun workplace, but also I meet many smart, dedicated and erergetic co-workers.
However, I sometimes still face some challenges which is to work with short resources due to different priority in different team, especially when resources are shared by pool. So, how to well-communicated and provide good stratgic plan across teams is essential.
Trend Micro is a great company to work for, not only it provides a fun/flexible workplace, but also it gives us an opportunity to gain different knowledge by providing variety of related (anti-virus) classes.Besides, we have a lot of clubs such as table tennis, tennis, basketball, chess, swimming, hiking and coffee.
Great Company
Administrative Sales Support Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 10, 2014
Great company, minimal stability with constant reorganization plans and changes almost quarterly
Great people and technology to work with
Senior Security Architect (Former Employee), North Ryde, NSWJanuary 26, 2014
Cons: progression was a bit limited, unless you wanted to change functions completely.
a relatively small team as compared with the competitors in the market, so it was a reasonably close team.
Ping pong, air hockey to take the stress away
Strategic Support Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: continual change in sell methodology
Company is going through some changes. Wonderful people who struggle to remember where they started as they continue to grow and stay relevant after 25 years.
Productive * Fun Work Place
Sales Account Manager / Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 28, 2013
Over 25 years
Female Owned
Leading Security Company
Overall good company!
Channel Account Mgr.
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee), Dana Point, CASeptember 27, 2013
Worked with top resellers and VARs in Southern Cal. I love Relationship selling and marketing.
Open mind working environment
Sr. Engineer, R&D Dept (Former Employee), 台北市, TPESeptember 11, 2013
Pros: cheap drinks, club compensation, decent employee welfare
Cons: short break, without meal compensation
4 months of testing experience in endpoint protection software for small business customers.

* Responsible for working closely with core technology team and other stakeholders such as product marketing team to deliver a quality product.

* Responsible for Worry-Free Business Security product test design, testing tool/automation implementation with Python techniques, testing execution and troubleshooting.
Challenging work evironment
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Arlington, TxAugust 1, 2013
Pros: compensation, benefits
Cons: work culture
A typical day at Trend originally was decent latter days tolerable.
I learned that people skill or interpersonal skills is a gift.
I learned that management can determine the work culture.
More team work needed.
support, training
Customers
Great localized Managment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 23, 2013
Pros: lots of fun activites
Cons: location - arlington, tx
Good place to work if you are looking to work closely with 2 lines of management. Good communication in the organization and Sr Management is very approachable.
Trend Micro is a good company
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), PhilippinesMarch 14, 2013
Pros: trainings, certifications, activities
Cons: mis manage of the micro team
Trend Micro is the best place to start an IT career because they have provided trainings which will be able to help land another IT career in another company.

They have the best activities plotted for the engineers which everyone enjoys and look forward to.

Coworkers are motivated for the trainings and certifications

The hardest is the malware outbreaks.
Good place to work!
Sr. RD Manager (Current Employee), Taipei, TaiwanMarch 5, 2013
good place to learn and work, but not so good in compensation
Stimulating visionary and positive environment
Channel Partner Manager (Former Employee), AucklandFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: really good expense process, never a problem, they always paid and were very good in this area.
Cons: ended up having to do a lot ourselves, a satellite office, limited travel budget for national travel
My day has to start with bounce, an expectation that this day has opportunity to learn, grow and achieve goals.

I enjoy working in a mature team environment where strengths are harnessed and weaknesses and complimented by others strengths.

I enjoy a management team that is focused on the value of people, see them as the true IP of the business, and invest in the growth and leadership of the individual and conscientious of their career objectives and how to best tap into their drive.

Coworkers are extremely important, and a good team is so important, we are not an island, we need to value synergy where the sum of the parts is greater than the whole.

The hardest part of the job was working with marketing, as we received little support and there was not a great deal of flexibility. The systems we used were limiting and often had problems which was difficult to resolve through the support channel.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with really good people, who were helpful, positive and inspiring. My managers were also the best I have had the privilege to work for, really good managers, and so helpful! And lest I forget, opening the commission valve accelerators when my targets were achieved, that was really good, the monetary rewards fantastic!
Good Training Environment
Internship Student (Former Employee), Manila, PHNovember 1, 2012
Nice to learn new stuffs for an intern student. Keeps my blood pumping for daily tasks such as researching, planning and designing that must qualify on the expectations of the supervisors. Resources for work are very much available.

January 27, 2013

Very interested for an OJT here.

March 5, 2013

Training & Career advancement are possible in the Asian countries. US location, career growth is severely limited

A great Workplace where all employees are empowered to make a difference
eCommerce Manager (Former Employee), MarlowOctober 3, 2012
Pros: great salary and benefits
Cons: long hours
A typical day is a balance of strategic analysis, direction and forecasting and execution hands on and strategic.

Working in a small team, every manager is accountable and empowered to make decisions and impact the business.