Trend Micro Inc. Employee Reviews

So much to learn each day and a good working place
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  PasigOctober 17, 2015
Trend Micro is a good company for a starter as well as for experienced person. You will learn a lot from the IT industry and as well as the company culture. You will enjoy the employee benifits from free drinks, yearly summer outing, team building, Tech camp, Holoween and Christmas party.

For an IT guy I would recommend this company.
Pros
Free drinks and employee benifits
Cons
Salary is not equal to the work load
Positive attitude and always seek for improvement
Sr. Threat Researcher (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJune 6, 2016
Whenever needs a fresh look at a problem, this company come to me for a fresh perspective.
Don't rely on common methods to solve a problem but address each situation with creative solutions. look at each problem with a fresh perspective.
Use creativity in any role I am in within the team. take the day-to-day tasks and challenge the status quo to see where improvements can be made.
Great work/life balance
Marketing Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAFebruary 15, 2016
The company has nice people to work with. It provided a great work/life balance. I enjoyed working with other cross-functional teams.
Productive and fun workplace
Security Marketing writer (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesFebruary 4, 2016
I am learning everyday. The working place is diversified. You can talk to different people with different personalities.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
less compensation
employee friendly
information system engineer (Former Employee) –  Pasig, P00January 27, 2016
very nice company with a good working place, will help you improve your career with a lot of knowledge in every aspect of information technology industry
Could not ask for more
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  台北市, TPEJune 5, 2015
I loved working for Trend Micro. I don't know if it was because of my managers or because of the culture at Trend Micro in general, but I found my job and my life there to be very free. I made most of my own decisions about my own work. My time was very much my own as long as I had my work in on time. Like anywhere else, some co-workers I got along with, others I did not. Where is that not true? The hardest part of the job were the days and weeks just before a product was about to be released. There was never enough time to keep up with all the changes. However, other than this, the work was quite manageable. My direct managers were great. I could not ask for better. And seriously, I don't pretend to know what middle and upper management could or should do differently. It's easy to criticize. However, I never had the complete picture of anything they were deciding on. How could I? I was not management. Sorry, but I really don't have any complaints about Trend Micro, and I would like to work for them again.
Culture in Trend Micro
Engineer - IT (Corporate IT Operations) (Current Employee) –  Pasig CityMarch 7, 2015
This is what I love the most in my current employer. We have this culture that doesn't overwhelm whatever role you have. Your manager is your co-engineer, and everyone can be their own leader. Top executives always show their affection and care to all employees, by being transparent. If they see any rooms for improvement, they say so. If they are impressed by you, they give awards, they appreciates everyone. Your work in not in vain, may it be simple or complex. Everyone is a lot of help to the company, thats how Trend Micro treat all.
Pros
overflowing drinks in the pantry
Cons
low salary rate for it
Productive and fun workplace
Cloud Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesMay 29, 2016
The Managers and Officers does not have an office, it somehow tells us that you can talk to anyone regardless of your position. And the environment in the office is the best I ever had.
Pros
14th month salary, Best Work Environtment
Good work atmosphere but work/life unbalanced
Salesforce system analyst/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Taipei, TaiwanMay 7, 2016
My boss was aggressive to deliver new products so I had to Keep learning new knowledge. It's good to learn new things, but work/life should be balance too.
Pros
Good management
Cons
work/life unbalanced
Smart People Great Environment
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 5, 2016
Worked with an excellent team of professionals. Management is smart and receptive. Overall, culture is Sales based organization with a good tech feel.
Smart People Great Culture
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 30, 2015
Great HR team! Strong Leadership! Great Environment!

Everyday brings new challenges and change which is a good thing for me!

Can gain a good global perspective, while having the ability to be be geocentric and culturally rooted.
Pros
Great Sales Organization!
Cons
Great Benefits but 401(k) match could be increased!
Friendly work environment. Work from home option
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Many very bright, capable and easy going engineers. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing new code, and the hardest part could be adding new features to existing code, depending on how old the code was, and who had previously worked on it.
Great people
Inside Channel and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 17, 2016
great experience for me and was afforded many opportunities. I worked there for over 6 years and had 3 different positions.
Trend Micro was working hard to maintain their ranking of 3rd in the security space
Customer Reference Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAMarch 26, 2012
Trend Micro was third in the security space which means it had to work hard to maintain its position in this competitive environment. They were a global company who was exploring ways to enhance customer relationships and support.
Pros
easy access to people around the world, loyal customers, not management heavy
Cons
competitive market, technolgy was slipping
Nice work enviornment
Ent. Account Manager / Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Don't expect much from upper management
Decent product solution
Great employees
Free coffee
Culture use to be more of a family vibe where everyone felt like they owned a piece of the company and took more pride in the company.
New Irving Sales director replaced a great VP of sales and in my opinion no where near the level of management and lack of an eye for true dedicated talent
Pros
free instant coffee
Cons
management & culture
Create strong business relationships with prospects and existing customers
New business developement (Current Employee) –  DublinAugust 11, 2012
• Build and maintain a constant/future revenue pipeline
• Meet core call time metrics
• Submit accurate weekly forecasts
• Manage leads in a timely manner
• Engage with channel Partners and CAM's to manage and close sales pipeline
• Create strong business relationships with prospects and existing customers

• Keep knowledge up to date of the Security market and meet training targets to maintain a thorough understanding of TREND MICRO products, process and promotions to provide the highest levels of sales support
Work with marketing to drive campaigns into specific market segment
Pros
non
Cons
Best environment with great people
Systems Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 8, 2015
The only con I had was the long drive in the morning. Other than that, once I got to work I would have a talk with my boss to see what possibilities I could do around the office. I didn't know what career path I want to follow so my boss and I did many tasks from coding in android to ruby on rails. I also made presentations to talk about their products and had to present to the whole office just like a normal corporate presentation. I also jumped in on calls with large corporations and tagged along to important meetings.
Pros
Amazing boss
Cons
Long Drive
Opportunities at US site non-existent
Technical writer (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJuly 29, 2012
- life/work balance is nonexistent
- advancement more likely for employees of the Taiwan or China offices
- management is not prepared/educated
- helpful to be very familiar with Asian culture
- process is disdained/considered evil
Pros
very nice people work here
Cons
no understanidng of industry standards
Challenging work evironment
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TxAugust 1, 2013
A typical day at Trend originally was decent latter days tolerable.
I learned that people skill or interpersonal skills is a gift.
I learned that management can determine the work culture.
More team work needed.
support, training
Customers
Pros
compensation, benefits
Cons
work culture
A great Workplace where all employees are empowered to make a difference
eCommerce Manager (Former Employee) –  MarlowOctober 3, 2012
A typical day is a balance of strategic analysis, direction and forecasting and execution hands on and strategic.

Working in a small team, every manager is accountable and empowered to make decisions and impact the business.
Pros
great salary and benefits