Trend Micro Inc. Employee Reviews

It was my dream job
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 25, 2016
I absolutely loved working for this company. My team was amazing and I loved the work we did. The company's vision is great and they were constantly changing to keep up with the fast paced technology in today's world. All of the changes were for the best and I loved growing with the company and adapting with the change.
Pros
Teammates, management, job responsibilities, constant change for the better
Cons
I moved out of the state and leave the company
Productive and certainly productive
HR Shared Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Typical day at work includes working closely with HR Business Partners on employee data changes and having several meetings for company projects relating to HR.
na
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 18, 2016
Company was good, lots of improving in the future. Leadership was still in the phase of trying to figure things out There will be good things to come
Good to start working for and get experience.
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 6, 2016
Trend Micro is a good company to learn and work for. It needs more stability in its company strategy and approach. The hardest part of the job is the constant change of strategy and approach.
Positive attitude and always seek for improvement
Sr. Threat Researcher (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAJune 6, 2016
Whenever needs a fresh look at a problem, this company come to me for a fresh perspective.
Don't rely on common methods to solve a problem but address each situation with creative solutions. look at each problem with a fresh perspective.
Use creativity in any role I am in within the team. take the day-to-day tasks and challenge the status quo to see where improvements can be made.
Productive and fun workplace
Cloud Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manila, PhilippinesMay 29, 2016
The Managers and Officers does not have an office, it somehow tells us that you can talk to anyone regardless of your position. And the environment in the office is the best I ever had.
Pros
14th month salary, Best Work Environtment
Good work atmosphere but work/life unbalanced
Salesforce system analyst/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Taipei, TaiwanMay 7, 2016
My boss was aggressive to deliver new products so I had to Keep learning new knowledge. It's good to learn new things, but work/life should be balance too.
Pros
Good management
Cons
work/life unbalanced
Smart People Great Environment
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 5, 2016
Worked with an excellent team of professionals. Management is smart and receptive. Overall, culture is Sales based organization with a good tech feel.
Great people
Inside Channel and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 17, 2016
great experience for me and was afforded many opportunities. I worked there for over 6 years and had 3 different positions.
Great work/life balance
Marketing Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAFebruary 15, 2016
The company has nice people to work with. It provided a great work/life balance. I enjoyed working with other cross-functional teams.
Friendly work environment. Work from home option
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAFebruary 12, 2016
Many very bright, capable and easy going engineers. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing new code, and the hardest part could be adding new features to existing code, depending on how old the code was, and who had previously worked on it.
Productive and fun workplace
Security Marketing writer (Current Employee) –  PhilippinesFebruary 4, 2016
I am learning everyday. The working place is diversified. You can talk to different people with different personalities.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
less compensation
employee friendly
information system engineer (Former Employee) –  Pasig, P00January 27, 2016
very nice company with a good working place, will help you improve your career with a lot of knowledge in every aspect of information technology industry
Smart People Great Culture
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 30, 2015
Great HR team! Strong Leadership! Great Environment!

Everyday brings new challenges and change which is a good thing for me!

Can gain a good global perspective, while having the ability to be be geocentric and culturally rooted.
Pros
Great Sales Organization!
Cons
Great Benefits but 401(k) match could be increased!
So much to learn each day and a good working place
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  PasigOctober 17, 2015
Trend Micro is a good company for a starter as well as for experienced person. You will learn a lot from the IT industry and as well as the company culture. You will enjoy the employee benifits from free drinks, yearly summer outing, team building, Tech camp, Holoween and Christmas party.

For an IT guy I would recommend this company.
Pros
Free drinks and employee benifits
Cons
Salary is not equal to the work load
Could not ask for more
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  台北市, TPEJune 5, 2015
I loved working for Trend Micro. I don't know if it was because of my managers or because of the culture at Trend Micro in general, but I found my job and my life there to be very free. I made most of my own decisions about my own work. My time was very much my own as long as I had my work in on time. Like anywhere else, some co-workers I got along with, others I did not. Where is that not true? The hardest part of the job were the days and weeks just before a product was about to be released. There was never enough time to keep up with all the changes. However, other than this, the work was quite manageable. My direct managers were great. I could not ask for better. And seriously, I don't pretend to know what middle and upper management could or should do differently. It's easy to criticize. However, I never had the complete picture of anything they were deciding on. How could I? I was not management. Sorry, but I really don't have any complaints about Trend Micro, and I would like to work for them again.
Best environment with great people
Systems Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 8, 2015
The only con I had was the long drive in the morning. Other than that, once I got to work I would have a talk with my boss to see what possibilities I could do around the office. I didn't know what career path I want to follow so my boss and I did many tasks from coding in android to ruby on rails. I also made presentations to talk about their products and had to present to the whole office just like a normal corporate presentation. I also jumped in on calls with large corporations and tagged along to important meetings.
Pros
Amazing boss
Cons
Long Drive
Good
Cloud Security Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ortigas CityApril 14, 2015
Good! co-worker's, good management.
I learned so much in this company in terms of security infrastructure and how to protect yourself from malwares.
They have free coffee and drinks.
Service helpdesk (Current Employee) –  Pasig CityApril 6, 2015
I am enjoying doing my daily work with my colleagues and with this company. The reason why I'm looking for new opportunities because in this company we're just contractual basis.
Quiet work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAMarch 23, 2015
I had a great time working at Trend Micro, but at moments it was very stressful dealing with angry customers or trying to manage who gets access to the building. Trend Micro will have to be notified by the facility manager, if any visitors will be trying to access the building. At times we would have to turn vendors or people away because we were not informed about it. Trend Micro wants to keep a safe environment and make sure no strangers have access. Since I work in the front desk alone, it was very quiet and majority of the time I would transfer calls. Some days I would get angry callers, but as always I would stay calm and stay professional. Only once I was threaten on the phone, but I knew it's normal.

The employee at Trend Micro were very kind and always treated me with respect. If I had trouble with anything at all, someone would help me right away with my situation.

I loved their coffee & bagel day and Birthday cake day which is celebrated once a month.
Pros
free coffee and tea