Trend Micro Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and fun environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasig City29 October 2016
- learned to be productive and quick
- the people are fun to be with and nice
- employees invite interns to lunch out's
- organized
- free drinks
Pros
free lunch, payed OT's for interns
Cons
not much of growth in terms of the job given to me
Educated People and Company & had some perks.
Team Supervisor / Lead-Senior Spam Investigator (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CA18 October 2016
I enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with. The pay was okay and good benefits. Had Ping Pong, Pool Table, and free perks in the break rooms.
Pros
I liked my job and the people I worked with.
Cons
Management didn't have a clue how to run our department, what the word value meant, Culture appeared to be one sided.
Good workplace.
Associate Threat Response Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ortigas26 September 2016
24 hours company so expect maximum workload. Good environment and workplace. Friendly staff and HR. Nice lounge rooms and fast accommodations.
It was my dream job
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX25 September 2016
I absolutely loved working for this company. My team was amazing and I loved the work we did. The company's vision is great and they were constantly changing to keep up with the fast paced technology in today's world. All of the changes were for the best and I loved growing with the company and adapting with the change.
Pros
Teammates, management, job responsibilities, constant change for the better
Cons
I moved out of the state and leave the company
Productive and certainly productive
HR Shared Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX20 September 2016
Typical day at work includes working closely with HR Business Partners on employee data changes and having several meetings for company projects relating to HR.
na
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX18 September 2016
Company was good, lots of improving in the future. Leadership was still in the phase of trying to figure things out There will be good things to come
Good to start working for and get experience.
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  California6 July 2016
Trend Micro is a good company to learn and work for. It needs more stability in its company strategy and approach. The hardest part of the job is the constant change of strategy and approach.
Positive attitude and always seek for improvement
Sr. Threat Researcher (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CA6 June 2016
Whenever needs a fresh look at a problem, this company come to me for a fresh perspective.
Don't rely on common methods to solve a problem but address each situation with creative solutions. look at each problem with a fresh perspective.
Use creativity in any role I am in within the team. take the day-to-day tasks and challenge the status quo to see where improvements can be made.
Productive and fun workplace
Cloud Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manila, Philippines29 May 2016
The Managers and Officers does not have an office, it somehow tells us that you can talk to anyone regardless of your position. And the environment in the office is the best I ever had.
Pros
14th month salary, Best Work Environtment
Good work atmosphere but work/life unbalanced
Salesforce system analyst/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Taipei, Taiwan7 May 2016
My boss was aggressive to deliver new products so I had to Keep learning new knowledge. It's good to learn new things, but work/life should be balance too.
Pros
Good management
Cons
work/life unbalanced
Smart People Great Environment
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX5 May 2016
Worked with an excellent team of professionals. Management is smart and receptive. Overall, culture is Sales based organization with a good tech feel.
Great people
Inside Channel and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX17 February 2016
great experience for me and was afforded many opportunities. I worked there for over 6 years and had 3 different positions.
Great work/life balance
Marketing Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CA15 February 2016
The company has nice people to work with. It provided a great work/life balance. I enjoyed working with other cross-functional teams.
Friendly work environment. Work from home option
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CA12 February 2016
Many very bright, capable and easy going engineers. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing new code, and the hardest part could be adding new features to existing code, depending on how old the code was, and who had previously worked on it.
Productive and fun workplace
Security Marketing writer (Current Employee) –  Philippines4 February 2016
I am learning everyday. The working place is diversified. You can talk to different people with different personalities.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
less compensation
employee friendly
information system engineer (Former Employee) –  Pasig, P0027 January 2016
very nice company with a good working place, will help you improve your career with a lot of knowledge in every aspect of information technology industry
Smart People Great Culture
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX30 October 2015
Great HR team! Strong Leadership! Great Environment!

Everyday brings new challenges and change which is a good thing for me!

Can gain a good global perspective, while having the ability to be be geocentric and culturally rooted.
Pros
Great Sales Organization!
Cons
Great Benefits but 401(k) match could be increased!
So much to learn each day and a good working place
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pasig17 October 2015
Trend Micro is a good company for a starter as well as for experienced person. You will learn a lot from the IT industry and as well as the company culture. You will enjoy the employee benifits from free drinks, yearly summer outing, team building, Tech camp, Holoween and Christmas party.

For an IT guy I would recommend this company.
Pros
Free drinks and employee benifits
Cons
Salary is not equal to the work load
Could not ask for more
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  台北市, TPE5 June 2015
I loved working for Trend Micro. I don't know if it was because of my managers or because of the culture at Trend Micro in general, but I found my job and my life there to be very free. I made most of my own decisions about my own work. My time was very much my own as long as I had my work in on time. Like anywhere else, some co-workers I got along with, others I did not. Where is that not true? The hardest part of the job were the days and weeks just before a product was about to be released. There was never enough time to keep up with all the changes. However, other than this, the work was quite manageable. My direct managers were great. I could not ask for better. And seriously, I don't pretend to know what middle and upper management could or should do differently. It's easy to criticize. However, I never had the complete picture of anything they were deciding on. How could I? I was not management. Sorry, but I really don't have any complaints about Trend Micro, and I would like to work for them again.
Best environment with great people
Systems Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ8 May 2015
The only con I had was the long drive in the morning. Other than that, once I got to work I would have a talk with my boss to see what possibilities I could do around the office. I didn't know what career path I want to follow so my boss and I did many tasks from coding in android to ruby on rails. I also made presentations to talk about their products and had to present to the whole office just like a normal corporate presentation. I also jumped in on calls with large corporations and tagged along to important meetings.
Pros
Amazing boss
Cons
Long Drive