Trend Micro Inc. Employee Reviews

Educated People and Company & had some perks.
Team Supervisor / Lead-Senior Spam Investigator (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CA18 October 2016
I enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with. The pay was okay and good benefits. Had Ping Pong, Pool Table, and free perks in the break rooms.
Pros
I liked my job and the people I worked with.
Cons
Management didn't have a clue how to run our department, what the word value meant, Culture appeared to be one sided.
Productive and fun workplace
Cloud Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manila, Philippines29 May 2016
The Managers and Officers does not have an office, it somehow tells us that you can talk to anyone regardless of your position. And the environment in the office is the best I ever had.
Pros
14th month salary, Best Work Environtment
It was my dream job
Order Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX25 September 2016
I absolutely loved working for this company. My team was amazing and I loved the work we did. The company's vision is great and they were constantly changing to keep up with the fast paced technology in today's world. All of the changes were for the best and I loved growing with the company and adapting with the change.
Pros
Teammates, management, job responsibilities, constant change for the better
Cons
I moved out of the state and leave the company
Productive and fun environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasig City29 October 2016
- learned to be productive and quick
- the people are fun to be with and nice
- employees invite interns to lunch out's
- organized
- free drinks
Pros
free lunch, payed OT's for interns
Cons
not much of growth in terms of the job given to me
Productive and fun workplace
Security Marketing writer (Current Employee) –  Philippines4 February 2016
I am learning everyday. The working place is diversified. You can talk to different people with different personalities.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
less compensation
So much to learn each day and a good working place
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pasig17 October 2015
Trend Micro is a good company for a starter as well as for experienced person. You will learn a lot from the IT industry and as well as the company culture. You will enjoy the employee benifits from free drinks, yearly summer outing, team building, Tech camp, Holoween and Christmas party.

For an IT guy I would recommend this company.
Pros
Free drinks and employee benifits
Cons
Salary is not equal to the work load
Job Culture and Life Balance
Service Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Pasig Metro Manila Philippines8 January 2017
* can gain more knowledge about new Technology
* 24/7 Technical support
* Well manage by a very experienced people.
* Have a very good customer service
* have a good System Engineer
* Confidentiality are well managed
na
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX18 September 2016
Company was good, lots of improving in the future. Leadership was still in the phase of trying to figure things out There will be good things to come
great team
1.Customer service Officer (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW1 November 2016
It was a great company with warm and friendly team members to help and support each other. The customer satisfaction was the most important part of the job.
Culture in Trend Micro
Engineer - IT (Corporate IT Operations) (Current Employee) –  Pasig City7 March 2015
This is what I love the most in my current employer. We have this culture that doesn't overwhelm whatever role you have. Your manager is your co-engineer, and everyone can be their own leader. Top executives always show their affection and care to all employees, by being transparent. If they see any rooms for improvement, they say so. If they are impressed by you, they give awards, they appreciates everyone. Your work in not in vain, may it be simple or complex. Everyone is a lot of help to the company, thats how Trend Micro treat all.
Pros
overflowing drinks in the pantry
Cons
low salary rate for IT
Smart People Great Culture
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX30 October 2015
Great HR team! Strong Leadership! Great Environment!

Everyday brings new challenges and change which is a good thing for me!

Can gain a good global perspective, while having the ability to be be geocentric and culturally rooted.
Pros
Great Sales Organization!
Cons
Great Benefits but 401(k) match could be increased!
Productive and certainly productive
HR Shared Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX20 September 2016
Typical day at work includes working closely with HR Business Partners on employee data changes and having several meetings for company projects relating to HR.
Good workplace.
Associate Threat Response Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ortigas26 September 2016
24 hours company so expect maximum workload. Good environment and workplace. Friendly staff and HR. Nice lounge rooms and fast accommodations.
Positive attitude and always seek for improvement
Sr. Threat Researcher (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CA6 June 2016
Whenever needs a fresh look at a problem, this company come to me for a fresh perspective.
Don't rely on common methods to solve a problem but address each situation with creative solutions. look at each problem with a fresh perspective.
Use creativity in any role I am in within the team. take the day-to-day tasks and challenge the status quo to see where improvements can be made.
Smart People Great Environment
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX5 May 2016
Worked with an excellent team of professionals. Management is smart and receptive. Overall, culture is Sales based organization with a good tech feel.
Good work atmosphere but work/life unbalanced
Salesforce system analyst/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Taipei, Taiwan7 May 2016
My boss was aggressive to deliver new products so I had to Keep learning new knowledge. It's good to learn new things, but work/life should be balance too.
Pros
Good management
Cons
work/life unbalanced
Good to start working for and get experience.
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  California6 July 2016
Trend Micro is a good company to learn and work for. It needs more stability in its company strategy and approach. The hardest part of the job is the constant change of strategy and approach.
great environment, everyone is friendly and helpful
Technical team analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TX3 July 2012
Comfortable environment very friendly, room to grow and many things to learn. Great place to build skills and expand knowledge. Hardest part would be learning the products and what the differences are with each. Most enjoyable part it's bring able to learn multiple functions, constant change and challenges. I've learned so much I don't know where to begin.
Pros
company activities, the environment, benefits, too many to name
Cons
working late nights on quarter ends.
Open mind working environment
Sr. Engineer, R&D Dept (Former Employee) –  台北市, TPE11 September 2013
4 months of testing experience in endpoint protection software for small business customers.

* Responsible for working closely with core technology team and other stakeholders such as product marketing team to deliver a quality product.

* Responsible for Worry-Free Business Security product test design, testing tool/automation implementation with Python techniques, testing execution and troubleshooting.
Pros
Cheap Drinks, Club compensation, Decent employee welfare
Cons
Short Break, Without meal compensation
A great Workplace where all employees are empowered to make a difference
eCommerce Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlow3 October 2012
A typical day is a balance of strategic analysis, direction and forecasting and execution hands on and strategic.

Working in a small team, every manager is accountable and empowered to make decisions and impact the business.
Pros
great salary and benefits