Trend Micro Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Best environment with great people
Systems Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 8, 2015
Pros: Amazing boss
Cons: Long Drive
The only con I had was the long drive in the morning. Other than that, once I got to work I would have a talk with my boss to see what possibilities I could do around the office. I didn't know what career path I want to follow so my boss and I did many tasks from coding in android to ruby on rails. I also made presentations to talk about their products and had to present to the whole office just like a normal corporate presentation. I also jumped in on calls with large corporations and tagged along to important meetings.
Good
Cloud Security Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Ortigas CityApril 14, 2015
Good! co-worker's, good management.
I learned so much in this company in terms of security infrastructure and how to protect yourself from malwares.
They have free coffee and drinks.
Service helpdesk (Current Employee), Pasig CityApril 6, 2015
I am enjoying doing my daily work with my colleagues and with this company. The reason why I'm looking for new opportunities because in this company we're just contractual basis.
Quiet work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free coffee and tea
I had a great time working at Trend Micro, but at moments it was very stressful dealing with angry customers or trying to manage who gets access to the building. Trend Micro will have to be notified by the facility manager, if any visitors will be trying to access the building. At times we would have to turn vendors or people away because we were not informed about it. Trend Micro wants to keep a safe environment and make sure no strangers have access. Since I work in the front desk alone, it was very quiet and majority of the time I would transfer calls. Some days I would get angry callers, but as always I would stay calm and stay professional. Only once I was threaten on the phone, but I knew it's normal.

The employee at Trend Micro were very kind and always treated me with respect. If I had trouble with anything at all, someone would help me right away with my situation.

I loved their coffee & bagel day and Birthday cake day which is celebrated once a month.
Culture in Trend Micro
Engineer - IT (Corporate IT Operations) (Current Employee), Pasig CityMarch 7, 2015
Pros: overflowing drinks in the pantry
Cons: low salary rate for it
This is what I love the most in my current employer. We have this culture that doesn't overwhelm whatever role you have. Your manager is your co-engineer, and everyone can be their own leader. Top executives always show their affection and care to all employees, by being transparent. If they see any rooms for improvement, they say so. If they are impressed by you, they give awards, they appreciates everyone. Your work in not in vain, may it be simple or complex. Everyone is a lot of help to the company, thats how Trend Micro treat all.
Nice work enviornment
Ent. Account Manager / Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free instant coffee
Cons: management & culture
Don't expect much from upper management
Decent product solution
Great employees
Free coffee
Culture use to be more of a family vibe where everyone felt like they owned a piece of the company and took more pride in the company.
New Irving Sales director replaced a great VP of sales and in my opinion no where near the level of management and lack of an eye for true dedicated talent
Good culture and collegues, bad product direction
Software Engineer (Current Employee), 台北市, TPEJanuary 16, 2015
Flexible working hour is good. I arrive the office at 10:30 everyday. My job is to develop a product, so I have to figure out what the request/feature is, and think about how to implement it. However, the product I am developing now is nothing amazing. I think it's a bad product.
Productive and fun workplace
Level 1 Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Cork, CDecember 28, 2014
We continually advance our technologies to deliver on our mission to make the world safe for the exchange of digital information.

Our cloud-era security model addresses the risks and opportunities inherent in cloud computing and the mobility of people, their devices and their data, as well as confronting the dangerous increase in targeted attacks on business and government.
Daily productivity at work place
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 9, 2014
A typical day at American Management Association would always start with the 9:30 meeting to go over the tickets and the days would be answering the help desk call and following thru with solving the user problems. Each day brought a new challenge and problems whether it was to fix a PC or to troubleshoot a Citrix VDI unit.
Proactive and fun place to work with a ping pong table
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJNovember 13, 2014
Daily management of assigned accounts....

Learned end point and network security.
Proactive and fun workplace with a lot of clubs
Senior Service Project Manager (Current Employee), 台北市, TPEMay 26, 2014
Pros: flexible hours; meal allowance; travel subsidy; free movies
Cons: small cubic; less privcy
My routine tasks are check for overall service availability and stability. Besides, I have to keep eyes on the service capacity and identify portenial risks and come up with solutions.
As everyone is coming from a different backgound, communication becomes a key to make a service successful. Also, to manage customers' expectation and to build up a trustyworthy relationship are very important to run a business.
I think I am quite lucky to join this company not only I have a fun workplace, but also I meet many smart, dedicated and erergetic co-workers.
However, I sometimes still face some challenges which is to work with short resources due to different priority in different team, especially when resources are shared by pool. So, how to well-communicated and provide good stratgic plan across teams is essential.
Trend Micro is a great company to work for, not only it provides a fun/flexible workplace, but also it gives us an opportunity to gain different knowledge by providing variety of related (anti-virus) classes.Besides, we have a lot of clubs such as table tennis, tennis, basketball, chess, swimming, hiking and coffee.
Great Company
Administrative Sales Support Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 10, 2014
Great company, minimal stability with constant reorganization plans and changes almost quarterly
Great people and technology to work with
Senior Security Architect (Former Employee), North Ryde, NSWJanuary 26, 2014
Cons: progression was a bit limited, unless you wanted to change functions completely.
a relatively small team as compared with the competitors in the market, so it was a reasonably close team.
Ping pong, air hockey to take the stress away
Strategic Support Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: continual change in sell methodology
Company is going through some changes. Wonderful people who struggle to remember where they started as they continue to grow and stay relevant after 25 years.
Productive * Fun Work Place
Sales Account Manager / Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 28, 2013
Over 25 years
Female Owned
Leading Security Company
Overall good company!
Channel Account Mgr.
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee), Dana Point, CASeptember 27, 2013
Worked with top resellers and VARs in Southern Cal. I love Relationship selling and marketing.
Open mind working environment
Sr. Engineer, R&D Dept (Former Employee), 台北市, TPESeptember 11, 2013
Pros: cheap drinks, club compensation, decent employee welfare
Cons: short break, without meal compensation
4 months of testing experience in endpoint protection software for small business customers.

* Responsible for working closely with core technology team and other stakeholders such as product marketing team to deliver a quality product.

* Responsible for Worry-Free Business Security product test design, testing tool/automation implementation with Python techniques, testing execution and troubleshooting.
Challenging work evironment
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Arlington, TxAugust 1, 2013
Pros: compensation, benefits
Cons: work culture
A typical day at Trend originally was decent latter days tolerable.
I learned that people skill or interpersonal skills is a gift.
I learned that management can determine the work culture.
More team work needed.
support, training
Customers
Great localized Managment
Account Executive (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 23, 2013
Pros: lots of fun activites
Cons: location - arlington, tx
Good place to work if you are looking to work closely with 2 lines of management. Good communication in the organization and Sr Management is very approachable.
Trend Micro is a good company
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), PhilippinesMarch 14, 2013
Pros: trainings, certifications, activities
Cons: mis manage of the micro team
Trend Micro is the best place to start an IT career because they have provided trainings which will be able to help land another IT career in another company.

They have the best activities plotted for the engineers which everyone enjoys and look forward to.

Coworkers are motivated for the trainings and certifications

The hardest is the malware outbreaks.