Travelport Employee Reviews

Great work/life Balance
Financial Analyst FP&R (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA23 October 2016
I really enjoy Travelport, other workers are kind, work load can be demanding, yet very doable. Travelport business is moving slowly and progressing with technology. Systems are old and need upgrading. Not a lot of training.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Not a lot of growth opportunities
Love my job
Senior Administrator and programs coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DC21 October 2016
I've been very lucky to work for wonderful bosses here at Travelport. I've been given good feedback, fair treatment, great work life balance and growth opportunities.
very professional organisation
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Langley28 September 2016
Travelport is a very professional company in the Travel IT sector , one of three main Global distribution systems companies providing airline car and hotel booking systems for travel agents. It does treat employees well and is a good place to work.
Pros
good facilities air condtioned offices
Cons
For me its a 50 mile commute
Excellent Culture
Program Manager / Project Manager / SCRUM Master (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CO26 August 2016
Excellent Culture, great people. Very skilled staff in a very complex system. Quality management and great place to work
Pros
Great Culture
Very stressful working environment.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 June 2016
Travelport was going through a serious change and with no direction and support from management. You had to quickly learn and fend for yourself.

My day to day was ensuring my accounts had our latest technology and support.

I managed all key accounts and during my employment at Travelport I never lost an account.
Pros
Technology
Cons
Flexible Work life balance but very little direction
Statistician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA26 April 2016
Travelport offers flexible work schedules and the ability to work from home. However, there is almost no direction or training provided. The people are nice, but much of the workforce is near retirement age.
The vacation time packages are awful.
Pros
flexible work life balance
Cons
awful PTO packages, little training or direction
A Company with Ethics
Key Account executive (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi28 February 2016
The best about travelport, its an ethical company, take pride of its staff and customers, really its a great experience to work for such this company
fun work palce
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO15 February 2016
we had very fun place
and had good team work with supportive management.
we support each other in team members and made good work environment.
Challenging and Productive work Environment
Key Account Sales and Support (Current Employee) –  Qatar26 January 2016
My intention of joining Travelport was to learn and gain more knowledge of the GDS systems and to broaden my experience in the travel industry . The management has been very supporting and has always encouraged me to develop myself further in my career . I was given the opportunity to enhance my skills in sales and was sent for sales training and workshops in Dubai which was conducted by qualified British Airways trainers.
Intenship
Software engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO15 January 2016
My management was pretty relaxed about what time you got in and out. They'd only allow 40 hours a week but other than that it was no big deal. I would get in at 6-7 and leave around 3-4. The people around me were super friendly and very helpful.

Hardest part of the job was learning the huge software they had already and trying to add more functionality but this was the most fun as well.
Internship
Intern Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO26 October 2015
I worked for about 8 hours a day. I learned CSS, html, and jsp. My coworkers, mentors, and manager were always friendly and looking to help me learn. It was very rewarding seeing your code/fixes actually being used while you were there. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people, they were friendly and always had something to share. I learned a lot during my internship from new languages, coding procedures, version control, etc. Definitely good company to be an intern for.
Supportive work place
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  kansas city, MO, USA20 October 2015
Very supportive management and co-workers with ample opportunities to grow travel domain knowledge along with technical expertise. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them
Chalenging
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Swindon2 October 2015
Big company that changes a lot. Each day is different, lack of communication between managers and employees. Training is not provided.
Senior Technical Developer (Current Employee) –  London, ENG24 September 2015
Its great working here.
Good Leadership Good career opportunities Excellent Management & development training Home/remote working flexibility Good opportunities available to work/relocate internationally
Billing system UNIX admin
Sr. Lead Technical Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GA22 September 2015
Travelport proved difficult in the aspect of having o work both US and UK hours. I enjoyed many portions of my job but not all.
Very good work place with supportive and caring Management
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver12 September 2015
I started my career with Travelport and enjoyed a lot workng with this company as Intern, because management was supportive and learned a lot of things from manager, mentor and all my colleagues. My manager and HR are very responsible and caring on me. I am completely happy with this experience.
Great place to work, but due to multiple attempts to IPO the company has suffered repeated aquisitions and workforce reductions
Consulting Systems Engineer/Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  CO26 August 2015
As my most recent position was through a 1099 contract, I can't speak about (or rate) the benefits and job security portions. I have had a great experience with this company and the lower level employees and management. I can't comment about upper manamgent as I have not had any interaction with them. The company is currently undergoing restructuring and work force reductions due to the latest IPO attempt.
Pros
Good people, fun and interesting projects
Cons
Repeated aquisitions and workforce reductions
It is a good company to work for
Full time SCM Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO7 August 2015
I enjoyed working at Travelport, nice environment and people. I spent four and half years working at this company and previously I worked there for two and half years.
Never the same
Client Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  Heathrow29 July 2015
Great place to work and really nice people to work for, would still be there given half the chance but redundancies had to be made and I lost the toss of a coin
Great Idea but poor management
MS Project Server Administrator (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GA21 July 2015
I was a contracted for Travelport for nearly a year and all I can say is I never look back! Some of the people are very nice others not so much. This is not a team environment for like "dog eat dog". It wasn't for me and I wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Work life balance is very good
Cons
Team Memeber and Technology