Travelport Employee Reviews

Challenging, Fun
Finance Manager - Contract Audit and Review (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire26 January 2017
I had finally found a non-accounting job for an accountant. Remediating a SOX issue, Managing a great team of 5.
Incredibly precess driven, great from a SOX perspective but the human level can go amis...
Pros
Good Work Life Balance
Great work/life Balance
Financial Analyst FP&R (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA23 October 2016
I really enjoy Travelport, other workers are kind, work load can be demanding, yet very doable. Travelport business is moving slowly and progressing with technology. Systems are old and need upgrading. Not a lot of training.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Not a lot of growth opportunities
Love my job
Senior Administrator and programs coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DC21 October 2016
I've been very lucky to work for wonderful bosses here at Travelport. I've been given good feedback, fair treatment, great work life balance and growth opportunities.
Sr. Visual Designer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO9 December 2016
Good company, not a lot of room for advancement. Some interesting projects to work on but then becomes stale. Fun co-workers
Great place to work, but due to multiple attempts to IPO the company has suffered repeated aquisitions and workforce reductions
Consulting Systems Engineer/Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  CO26 August 2015
As my most recent position was through a 1099 contract, I can't speak about (or rate) the benefits and job security portions. I have had a great experience with this company and the lower level employees and management. I can't comment about upper manamgent as I have not had any interaction with them. The company is currently undergoing restructuring and work force reductions due to the latest IPO attempt.
Pros
Good people, fun and interesting projects
Cons
Repeated aquisitions and workforce reductions
Working Environment
Management (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA28 December 2016
Excellent place to work and great working environment. Management is supportive and can be trusted to a certain extent as doing the right things by employees.
Overview
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO10 January 2017
I think TRPT has potential to be a great company, but it feels like the company was stagnant for many years and they are trying to recover now from it.
Excellent Culture
Program Manager / Project Manager / SCRUM Master (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CO26 August 2016
Excellent Culture, great people. Very skilled staff in a very complex system. Quality management and great place to work
Pros
Great Culture
very professional organisation
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Langley28 September 2016
Travelport is a very professional company in the Travel IT sector , one of three main Global distribution systems companies providing airline car and hotel booking systems for travel agents. It does treat employees well and is a good place to work.
Pros
good facilities air condtioned offices
Cons
For me its a 50 mile commute
Successful and driven company
Sales Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Langley14 November 2016
I worked here as temporary staff for two months and gained a lot of experience that carried over into future roles. A good place to work to gain experience.
Senior Corporate IT Recruiter
Senior Talent Corporate Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA20 August 2013
• Travelport has a RPO(Recruiting Process Outsourcing) through Randstad SourceRight
• Working directly with hiring managers from the approval process of the requisitions to the offer stage.
• Recruiting Cyber Security Identity Management Architects, C#.Net Developers, UNIX Network Engineers, Technical Project Managers, Business, Websphere WAS Administrators.
• Surpassing recruiting goals over 120% for the past six months
• Generating an average of $110K per month in new hires, internal transfers, and contracting assignments.
• Sourcing candidates through various channels such as LinkedIn Recruiter, Monster, Google, CareerBuilder, Dice, etc
• Weekly and Bi-weekly intake and update calls with hiring managers
Pros
Supporting Hiring Managers in different countries
Cons
Compensation is still behind market value
Very stressful working environment.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 June 2016
Travelport was going through a serious change and with no direction and support from management. You had to quickly learn and fend for yourself.

My day to day was ensuring my accounts had our latest technology and support.

I managed all key accounts and during my employment at Travelport I never lost an account.
Pros
Technology
Cons
Flexible Work life balance but very little direction
Statistician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA26 April 2016
Travelport offers flexible work schedules and the ability to work from home. However, there is almost no direction or training provided. The people are nice, but much of the workforce is near retirement age.
The vacation time packages are awful.
Pros
flexible work life balance
Cons
awful PTO packages, little training or direction
In crisis
Finance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA13 April 2012
Travelport has a wonderful history, but not much of a future. Travel distribution is changing quickly, and intermediaries like Travelport are being eliminated from the distribution chain.

A series of transactions subsequent to the private equity deal that took the company private left Travelport with a crippling debt burden. With the recent loss of United Air Lines as a hosting client, Travelport is left without a major hosting contract, and few strategic alternatives.

Great place for technologists, but don't plan on spending more than a few months or a year or two.
Pros
some really talented people, above average compensation
Cons
lack of strategy, dying industry
Challenging and Productive work Environment
Key Account Sales and Support (Current Employee) –  Qatar26 January 2016
My intention of joining Travelport was to learn and gain more knowledge of the GDS systems and to broaden my experience in the travel industry . The management has been very supporting and has always encouraged me to develop myself further in my career . I was given the opportunity to enhance my skills in sales and was sent for sales training and workshops in Dubai which was conducted by qualified British Airways trainers.
Good company
Sr Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GA24 June 2015
The company is on the cutting edge of technology. The employees work well in team settings. The company is very mature in it's workforce. A lot of knowledge could retire in the next 5 to 8 years.
Pros
Compensation is good.
Cons
Training funds are low.
Productive and professional Place to Work
General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee) –  Langley, ENG19 June 2013
Laissez faire work place where employees are expected to perform their duties in a timely manner and to a high standard.

I learned prioritisation and self management.

The management are highly professional, helpful and interested in the employees career development.

The co-workers were very friendly and willing to offer assistance and advice for the greater good of the team.

The job wasn't without its challenges but there was no hard part about it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the work culture and the atmosphere. I also enjoyed learning about different rules and regulations that led to my personal progression.
Intenship
Software engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO15 January 2016
My management was pretty relaxed about what time you got in and out. They'd only allow 40 hours a week but other than that it was no big deal. I would get in at 6-7 and leave around 3-4. The people around me were super friendly and very helpful.

Hardest part of the job was learning the huge software they had already and trying to add more functionality but this was the most fun as well.
Good Place to work fantastic people
Global Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire3 July 2012
Its a good place to work with fantastic people and the oppprtunity to work with people from all ovewr the world
Pros
good benefits packages
Cons
for me 67 miles from home
fun work palce
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO15 February 2016
we had very fun place
and had good team work with supportive management.
we support each other in team members and made good work environment.