Travelport Employee Reviews

Intenship
Software engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 15, 2016
My management was pretty relaxed about what time you got in and out. They'd only allow 40 hours a week but other than that it was no big deal. I would get in at 6-7 and leave around 3-4. The people around me were super friendly and very helpful.

Hardest part of the job was learning the huge software they had already and trying to add more functionality but this was the most fun as well.
Internship
Intern Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 26, 2015
I worked for about 8 hours a day. I learned CSS, html, and jsp. My coworkers, mentors, and manager were always friendly and looking to help me learn. It was very rewarding seeing your code/fixes actually being used while you were there. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people, they were friendly and always had something to share. I learned a lot during my internship from new languages, coding procedures, version control, etc. Definitely good company to be an intern for.
Supportive work place
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  kansas city, MO, USAOctober 20, 2015
Very supportive management and co-workers with ample opportunities to grow travel domain knowledge along with technical expertise. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them
Chalenging
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  SwindonOctober 2, 2015
Big company that changes a lot. Each day is different, lack of communication between managers and employees. Training is not provided.
Senior Technical Developer (Current Employee) –  London, ENGSeptember 24, 2015
Its great working here.
Good Leadership Good career opportunities Excellent Management & development training Home/remote working flexibility Good opportunities available to work/relocate internationally
Billing system UNIX admin
Sr. Lead Technical Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GASeptember 22, 2015
Travelport proved difficult in the aspect of having o work both US and UK hours. I enjoyed many portions of my job but not all.
Very good work place with supportive and caring Management
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  DenverSeptember 12, 2015
I started my career with Travelport and enjoyed a lot workng with this company as Intern, because management was supportive and learned a lot of things from manager, mentor and all my colleagues. My manager and HR are very responsible and caring on me. I am completely happy with this experience.
Great place to work, but due to multiple attempts to IPO the company has suffered repeated aquisitions and workforce reductions
Consulting Systems Engineer/Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  COAugust 26, 2015
As my most recent position was through a 1099 contract, I can't speak about (or rate) the benefits and job security portions. I have had a great experience with this company and the lower level employees and management. I can't comment about upper manamgent as I have not had any interaction with them. The company is currently undergoing restructuring and work force reductions due to the latest IPO attempt.
Pros
Good people, fun and interesting projects
Cons
Repeated aquisitions and workforce reductions
It is a good company to work for
Full time SCM Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 7, 2015
I enjoyed working at Travelport, nice environment and people. I spent four and half years working at this company and previously I worked there for two and half years.
Never the same
Client Services Engineer (Former Employee) –  HeathrowJuly 29, 2015
Great place to work and really nice people to work for, would still be there given half the chance but redundancies had to be made and I lost the toss of a coin
Great Idea but poor management
MS Project Server Administrator (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAJuly 21, 2015
I was a contracted for Travelport for nearly a year and all I can say is I never look back! Some of the people are very nice others not so much. This is not a team environment for like "dog eat dog". It wasn't for me and I wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Work life balance is very good
Cons
Team Memeber and Technology
Travel executive with More than 11 yrs of experience in Travel BPO
Quality Checker (Current Employee) –  MumbaiJuly 19, 2015
working for Travelport has given me the excellent opportunities to learn the new and challenging things in the day to day management of the quality process.
Pros
Tremendous learning opportunities
Cons
Long workiong hours
Good place to wotk.
Sr Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  EnglewoodJuly 1, 2015
Travelport is good place to work.Full of talented people.Management is secret. Senior Leadership's vision are not clear to lower level people.
Good company
Sr Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAJune 24, 2015
The company is on the cutting edge of technology. The employees work well in team settings. The company is very mature in it's workforce. A lot of knowledge could retire in the next 5 to 8 years.
Pros
Compensation is good.
Cons
Training funds are low.
Employees were like family
Client Services Executive (Former Employee) –  SydneyApril 12, 2015
Great place to work just no further avenue for me to develop.
Moved to Queensland or would have stayed on.
Lots of staff return to work at Travelport so it shows it is a good place to work.
Excellent place to work with good challenges and good opportunities
Business Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Excellent place to work with good challenges and good opportunities. Supportive management team. Good rewards structure. Flexibility in work timings.
good team
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 14, 2015
• Utilized Agile Methodologies to manage full life-cycle development of the project.
• Implemented MVC design pattern using Struts Framework.
• Form classes of Struts Framework to write the routing logic and to call different services.
• Created tile definitions, Struts-config files, validation files and resource bundles for all modules using Strutsframework.
• Developed web application using JSP custom tag libraries, Struts Action classes and Action.Designed Java Servlets and Objects using J2EE standards.
• Used JSP for presentation layer, developed high performance object/relational persistence and query service for entire application utilizing Hibernate.
• Developed the XML Schema and Web services for the data maintenance and structures.
• Developed the application using Java Beans, Servlets.
• Used WebSphere Application Server and RAD to develop and deploy the application.
• Worked with various Style Sheets like Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
helpful and understanding management team
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2014
The employees and management team were all nice and understanding. I learned a lot a lot about finance and accounting from the staff there.
Pros
on the job training, healthy work environment
Cons
pay not that great
Good Internation company
Buyer for Global Procurement (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2014
I enjoyed working for an organization with the parent company in the UK. I learned international purchasing laws and set up relationships that have lasted past my employment with Travelport.
My typical work day consisted of reviewing and negotiating requisitions with suppliers, then contracting through purchase orders.
I assisted many levels of management to procure goods and services for the function of the day to day business as well as special projects and build outs.
I worked closely with the internal teams for supply and demand purchases, reviewed and scored vendor quotes.
Pros
many levels of interaction in daily duties
Cons
no growth opportunity
Travelport is a dynamic and energetic place to work.
Sr. Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2014
Working at Travelport has been a rewarding experience. It is very diverse and transparent.