Travelport Employee Reviews

Great place to work, but due to multiple attempts to IPO the company has suffered repeated aquisitions and workforce reductions
Consulting Systems Engineer/Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  COAugust 26, 2015
As my most recent position was through a 1099 contract, I can't speak about (or rate) the benefits and job security portions. I have had a great experience with this company and the lower level employees and management. I can't comment about upper manamgent as I have not had any interaction with them. The company is currently undergoing restructuring and work force reductions due to the latest IPO attempt.
Pros
Good people, fun and interesting projects
Cons
Repeated aquisitions and workforce reductions
Challenging and Productive work Environment
Key Account Sales and Support (Current Employee) –  QatarJanuary 26, 2016
My intention of joining Travelport was to learn and gain more knowledge of the GDS systems and to broaden my experience in the travel industry . The management has been very supporting and has always encouraged me to develop myself further in my career . I was given the opportunity to enhance my skills in sales and was sent for sales training and workshops in Dubai which was conducted by qualified British Airways trainers.
Very stressful working environment.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSWJune 14, 2016
Travelport was going through a serious change and with no direction and support from management. You had to quickly learn and fend for yourself.

My day to day was ensuring my accounts had our latest technology and support.

I managed all key accounts and during my employment at Travelport I never lost an account.
Pros
Technology
Cons
Flexible Work life balance but very little direction
Statistician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2016
Travelport offers flexible work schedules and the ability to work from home. However, there is almost no direction or training provided. The people are nice, but much of the workforce is near retirement age.
The vacation time packages are awful.
Pros
flexible work life balance
Cons
awful PTO packages, little training or direction
Intenship
Software engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 15, 2016
My management was pretty relaxed about what time you got in and out. They'd only allow 40 hours a week but other than that it was no big deal. I would get in at 6-7 and leave around 3-4. The people around me were super friendly and very helpful.

Hardest part of the job was learning the huge software they had already and trying to add more functionality but this was the most fun as well.
Good company
Sr Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAJune 24, 2015
The company is on the cutting edge of technology. The employees work well in team settings. The company is very mature in it's workforce. A lot of knowledge could retire in the next 5 to 8 years.
Pros
Compensation is good.
Cons
Training funds are low.
Senior Corporate IT Recruiter
Senior Talent Corporate Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2013
• Travelport has a RPO(Recruiting Process Outsourcing) through Randstad SourceRight
• Working directly with hiring managers from the approval process of the requisitions to the offer stage.
• Recruiting Cyber Security Identity Management Architects, C#.Net Developers, UNIX Network Engineers, Technical Project Managers, Business, Websphere WAS Administrators.
• Surpassing recruiting goals over 120% for the past six months
• Generating an average of $110K per month in new hires, internal transfers, and contracting assignments.
• Sourcing candidates through various channels such as LinkedIn Recruiter, Monster, Google, CareerBuilder, Dice, etc
• Weekly and Bi-weekly intake and update calls with hiring managers
Pros
supporting hiring managers in different countries
Cons
compensation is still behind market value
fun work palce
Sr. Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 15, 2016
we had very fun place
and had good team work with supportive management.
we support each other in team members and made good work environment.
Senior Technical Developer (Current Employee) –  London, ENGSeptember 24, 2015
Its great working here.
Good Leadership Good career opportunities Excellent Management & development training Home/remote working flexibility Good opportunities available to work/relocate internationally
In crisis
Finance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2012
Travelport has a wonderful history, but not much of a future. Travel distribution is changing quickly, and intermediaries like Travelport are being eliminated from the distribution chain.

A series of transactions subsequent to the private equity deal that took the company private left Travelport with a crippling debt burden. With the recent loss of United Air Lines as a hosting client, Travelport is left without a major hosting contract, and few strategic alternatives.

Great place for technologists, but don't plan on spending more than a few months or a year or two.
Pros
some really talented people, above average compensation
Cons
lack of strategy, dying industry
Very good work place with supportive and caring Management
Software Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  DenverSeptember 12, 2015
I started my career with Travelport and enjoyed a lot workng with this company as Intern, because management was supportive and learned a lot of things from manager, mentor and all my colleagues. My manager and HR are very responsible and caring on me. I am completely happy with this experience.
Internship
Intern Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 26, 2015
I worked for about 8 hours a day. I learned CSS, html, and jsp. My coworkers, mentors, and manager were always friendly and looking to help me learn. It was very rewarding seeing your code/fixes actually being used while you were there. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people, they were friendly and always had something to share. I learned a lot during my internship from new languages, coding procedures, version control, etc. Definitely good company to be an intern for.
Supportive work place
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  kansas city, MO, USAOctober 20, 2015
Very supportive management and co-workers with ample opportunities to grow travel domain knowledge along with technical expertise. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them
Great Idea but poor management
MS Project Server Administrator (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAJuly 21, 2015
I was a contracted for Travelport for nearly a year and all I can say is I never look back! Some of the people are very nice others not so much. This is not a team environment for like "dog eat dog". It wasn't for me and I wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Work life balance is very good
Cons
Team Memeber and Technology
Productive and professional Place to Work
General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee) –  Langley, ENGJune 19, 2013
Laissez faire work place where employees are expected to perform their duties in a timely manner and to a high standard.

I learned prioritisation and self management.

The management are highly professional, helpful and interested in the employees career development.

The co-workers were very friendly and willing to offer assistance and advice for the greater good of the team.

The job wasn't without its challenges but there was no hard part about it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the work culture and the atmosphere. I also enjoyed learning about different rules and regulations that led to my personal progression.
Good Place to work fantastic people
Global Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Slough, BerkshireJuly 3, 2012
Its a good place to work with fantastic people and the oppprtunity to work with people from all ovewr the world
Pros
good benefits packages
Cons
for me 67 miles from home
Travel executive with More than 11 yrs of experience in Travel BPO
Quality Checker (Current Employee) –  MumbaiJuly 19, 2015
working for Travelport has given me the excellent opportunities to learn the new and challenging things in the day to day management of the quality process.
Pros
Tremendous learning opportunities
Cons
Long workiong hours
Chalenging
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  SwindonOctober 2, 2015
Big company that changes a lot. Each day is different, lack of communication between managers and employees. Training is not provided.
Billing system UNIX admin
Sr. Lead Technical Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GASeptember 22, 2015
Travelport proved difficult in the aspect of having o work both US and UK hours. I enjoyed many portions of my job but not all.
Good Internation company
Buyer for Global Procurement (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2014
I enjoyed working for an organization with the parent company in the UK. I learned international purchasing laws and set up relationships that have lasted past my employment with Travelport.
My typical work day consisted of reviewing and negotiating requisitions with suppliers, then contracting through purchase orders.
I assisted many levels of management to procure goods and services for the function of the day to day business as well as special projects and build outs.
I worked closely with the internal teams for supply and demand purchases, reviewed and scored vendor quotes.
Pros
many levels of interaction in daily duties
Cons
no growth opportunity