Travelliance Employee Reviews

Bad
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TX20 December 2017
I do not suggest anyone work for this company. Management is terrible and you will be stressed out once you leave to go home. There are much better places to work
The hardest Part of the Job
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MN17 December 2017
Was dealing with a sold out market (city/area) and being timed to book rooms, transportation in a limited amount of time. I learned to use my resources such as different booking sites, reviews to book for my clients in order to meet their needs and guidelines. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great group of people who were very motivated to get things done in a limited amount of time.
Pros
Everyone was more then happy to lend a hand when times got tough
Cons
Stressful at times
Fast paced environment! Advancement opportunities
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN12 December 2017
I have been with Travelliance for almost a year and it has been the best experience I've ever had with a job. There is a lot to learn when you first start and it took me longer than the two week training period to get adjusted to everything. Thankfully they started me out with some of the easier work.

I worked on the airline side of Travelliance as a customer service representative, and to help me better understand some of the different airlines I was able to ask the lead on duty or the supervisor. Management is very approachable and knowledgeable and will be able to assist in any questions you may have. With asking so many questions I was able to better understand almost all of the airlines fairly quickly.

Many times, there will be an opportunity to work some overtime. Whenever I was asked to work overtime, I took it just about every time I was asked. The extra hours helped me understand the ins and outs when it came to the airlines and the extra money was nice too :)

The best part of this job is the advancement opportunities. I have been with the company for almost a year and have moved up on two different occasions. I now have the opportunity to work directly with one of our clients on ground at their office! If you take the job seriously and put in the time, the management team definitely notices it, and many times, reward you for your efforts.

A little tip I would like to offer as well is put the time and effort in. Learn the different systems and ask questions. If asked to work some extra hours, do it. (not every time, but it definitely helped
  more... me out in learning the operations much quicker). Management notices hard work.

All in all, its a great place to work with great people around you. I've definitely enjoyed my time here so far and looking forward to more years to come!
BS company with supervisors screaming take the calls
Reservationist (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MN14 November 2017
Management is a bunch of screaming cowboys who barely graduated from HS. And if they did, it was by accident. No professionalism at all. Just like high school.
Great opportunities
N/A (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MN10 November 2017
This is one of the best places I have worked I enjoyed the people the culture and the move fast mentality.Great place to work to build your career and great workplace culture! You learn new things everyday and a lot of opportunities for growth.It's fast paced, competitive, always changing.I love this place and don't want to leave!
Pros
Growing company, great employees/co-workers
Temporary position
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MN27 October 2017
Two month assignment from agency to assist a client in a billing position. Travelliance sets up hotels stays for clients employees to assist in disaster recovery. I audited invoices from hotels to agree with travel data that was set up by Travelliance. This consisted of calling hotels to get rate information and length of stay by employee. When the invoices balanced they were processed to bill the client.
Pros
Temporary position.
Cons
Temporary position.
Good work environment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN11 October 2017
The work life balance is good. The Manager is nice. It was a fast paced work environment. The co-workers are helpful. For accounting position, you may expect to be very busy 50% of the time during a month.
Worst company to work for
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MN10 October 2017
I worked at Travelliance for 4 years and everything was great until they hired a new Supervisor into the center (2yrs ago) and he is very unprofessional. Texting his girlfriend during team meetings. His favor words was "This is unacceptable." When he think someone didn't do their work. He never follow toward to what he said he's going to do.

All of the manager show favoritism toward the employees they like and they aren't afraid to make it noticeable. It's the worst place I have ever worked for since it's under a new Supervisor. During my 3rd year, they were firing a ton of people who they think wasn't siding with them. Some of these people worked there for more than 5 years. They will tried to find the small thing to get you fired for no reason.
Employees are Disposable, Hard Work is Not Rewarded!
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MN17 July 2017
Run, don't walk away from any opportunity at Travelliance. The reservation center is stressful, people come and go as they please, no teamwork, poor online tools that don't work most of the time, they do not fix any issues with computers, phones, headsets, and the building is FILTHY. Carpet is dirty, water leaking from ceilings with pails to catch drips, broken chairs, refrigerators don't work, drinking fountains are disgusting, bathrooms never get cleaned and are moldy on walls and ceilings. Lack of office supplies, need to bring your own pens, clips, staples from home!

The manager of the reservation center hires his friends and family as leads to cover him. Nepotism is the way of business there, no one to trust or seek for help. Unprofessional management, if you are not related to someone, you will not be treated well. Lack of communication, no sharing of important information. Severely under staffed and burnout is very quick for reservation staff. Breaks must be fought for among your co-workers because there are no schedules or seniority. Time off and schedule changes are non-existent, except for "family members"...

People quitting or just walking out every week, those that show up on time and work late are not rewarded, and misbehavior and absenteeism is ignored. New people are never introduced, and they are left on their own to figure things out as training is sub par and incomplete, at best, even though it lasts 2 weeks. Most coworkers are great, but some have egos and are young and inexperienced and act very unprofessionally at best.

No reward system
  more... or bonuses for work well done, unless you are part of the family.... avoid at all costs. Work ANYWHERE else. Vacations, days off, family emergencies, work life balance, are not important and will not be easy to obtain here. This is a physically, mentally, and spiritually unhealthy place to work.  less
Pros
Free food is offered mostly when frustration is high to shut us up, and keep us from taking real breaks.
Cons
Nice coworkers that care about each other mostly
stressful, incompetent upper management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MN2 June 2017
This companies idea is to keep bringing on new clients while the RES center is completely understaffed.

They onboard new clients without someone who knows how stuff works.

The guy that runs the RES center is in CHICAGO and couldn't work a reservation to save his life.

The person who sends out the training DOCs for new clients shouldn't be allowed to train any employees.
Pros
free food sometimes, the pay is ok.
Cons
healthcare sucks, PTO is a joke, and the company doesnt fix the problems
Work environment
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MN21 March 2017
Love the work environment and the people here. Only thing is I feel it's very unorganized, depending which department you work at. Everything flows everywhere, you would always have to point clients to the correct department all the time.
Revolving front door
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN1 March 2017
Having worked here several years, management has gone downhill at a very fast pace. Training is sub-par, accountability is unrealistic due to poor training, and you have no one to trust to go to. I cannot count the number of people I saw trained and out the front door. There is no job security no matter how much overtime and extra work you take on. The benefits are far below the norm, expensive insurance and no pto until you have been employed for a year. The environment is unsteady and unpredictable as everyone walks on eggshells not knowing who will be let go or quit next.
Pros
Enjoyed my co-workers
Cons
very poor training but high accountability, unstable environment
Work with the company
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MN26 February 2017
Don't get the customer mad or you can kiss your job good bye! The hardest part about this job is collecting money from clients.Learn quick or you'll get left behind and not understand what to do at all.
Pros
Free lunch, Great Benefits
Cons
Lack in Training, Process are not Updated
Travelliance
Airline Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MN9 November 2016
It isn't the greatest place to work. The CEO is pretty much clueless. The company doesn't really care about employees. You have job security as long as you don't make someone in management mad.
Revolving Door!
Former member (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, IL5 August 2016
This company is a joke. The Accountant manager does not stick up for her employees and then lie about any circumstances to save her face. The Vice President does not do any work and is very rude to her employees. I recommend that no one work for this company unless you are prepared for little pay along with a desk load full of work. However, the coworkers are very pleasant people.
Pros
Restaurants are close for lunch breaks.
Cons
Upper Manager is terrible!
Very immature staff
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie9 September 2015
The staff I worked with was young (age range of 19-22) and very immature. The department manger worked during the day so was not there to witness behavior such as employees sleeping in the conference room or taking long breaks. There were no advancement opportunities.
great work please nice people
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MN11 May 2015
when I worked there it was a great place to work for people would always talk still be able to do work very very good company
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
short breaks long hours
tvlinc.com
Airline Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MN23 March 2015
This is a fast paced job. I like the people that work with, but sometimes that lack of analytical thought other people have makes the job difficult.
ok work place
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MN10 March 2015
great place but team work could be better also only 2 days a week of so not much flex. i am working with the company as of now the pay is great an look the crew members
Amazing place to work at
Reservation specialist (Current Employee) –  Minnesota19 August 2014
I am a current employee and this company is amazing. Training is great they teach you everything. Everyone is friendly