Travelex

Travelex Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very flexible in all kinds of work.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Manama BahrainFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: many over time
Cons: long hours duty
A very challenging work in fast food and money exchange that I've gone through. I learned how to have a good customer service to increase sales and to adopt customers of their needs, Its very nice to work in a team where you can share different ideas and opinions. The hardest pat of my job is when your not doing anything at all like your only waiting – more... for customers for you to serve, and the most enjoyable part of the job is when there is team work and cooperation among all team mates. – less
Productive work place
Trade Confirmation Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 8, 2013
• Prepared and monitored daily Position & Limits activities: P&L, Exposure and Forward Gap, Counter party and Trader limits, and immediately reported any breach or risk situation to management. Released or confirmed deals after appropriate approval was obtained.
• Performed daily detailed evaluation and graphical reporting of all trading activities – more... to Treasury.
• Provided timely updates of Dealing Mandates and coordinated with the various parties including Traders and Senior Management on limit changes. – less
Come Fly With Me...
Foreign Exchange Cashier (Former Employee), HeathrowMarch 4, 2014
Pros: free money (only joking!)
Cons: rock-bottom pay, terrible shift patterns, little or no support, stressful working environment, very little acknowledgment for the hard work of 'front end' staff.
I worked for Travelex as a Foreign Exchange Cashier at Heathrow, following 2 weeks' prior training.
This was probably the most stressful job I have ever had - I'm amazed I managed to stay there for 6 weeks (by which time enough was enough).
Bad pay, awful 4-on, 2-off weekly shifts (spent the 2 'off' days always feeling absolutely shattered), some very – more... miserable & unsupportive team members and a very busy and stressful environment where one is basically thrown in at the deep end!

Having said that, there were some colleagues who seemed to enjoy the work and had been there for years, so maybe it's horses for courses too. I just found that it wasn't worth all the effort, reponsibily and putting up with rude members of the public to make it worthwhile. – less
Hard work but good work
Travel money adviser (Former Employee), Didcot, ENGFebruary 13, 2014
serving customers completing and filing paperwork. updating rate board. how to work out the exchange rate and what other currencies look like and the currency code. The management were available by phone or email. the co workers were great and friendly and gave support when needed. The hardest part of the job was dealing with complaints which were few. – more... A busy and fruitful day. – less
Fun and exciting company
Helpdesk Support Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 11, 2014
Awesome benefits package, awesome place to work got laid off wish i could go back.
Sales Consultant
Sales Consultant buying back and selling foreign (Former Employee), Gatwick AirportFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: free uniform, sick pay.
Cons: short brakes
Sales Consultant buying back and selling foreign exchange currencies, offering Travelex’s range of financial and travel-related products. I trained as a Career Coach training and helping new starters coming into the business.
Productive workplace
Travel Money Adviser (Former Employee), SwindonJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: easy shopping, close to public transport.
Cons: long hours.
To start sign in then turn off alarms, set up system to Travelex, Go into the Safe code protected unlock till then count out money all foreign change also log it down call secondary office & then your up & running. When quiet we would hand out leaflets advertising money exchange. When handing over to next shift we would tally up cash before handing – more... over making sure all monies tallied up with colleague then sign out end of shift. – less
a
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), new york, new yorkJanuary 10, 2014
This is a large company at which you can learn a lot since the environment is more of a small office feel.
Great place
Sr Sales Analyst/ Business Development Lead (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Good Technical Knowledge
Great Team
Great Management
Good Knowledge Sharing
Built a great team
Never a dull moment working at Travelex
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 28, 2013
Pros: airport location
Cons: commute was terrible
Balance a great amount of different Currency, from all around the world. I learned a lot about sales working for travelex. Management was outstanding, co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was the 2 hour commute everyday. Great Management, great co-workers..
customer
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Perth, WANovember 25, 2013
Pros: 30mins
Cons: 45hrs
In my current position at Travelex as Sales Consultant, I continually demonstrate these skills by liaising with staff and customers at all working levels and professional expertise, as well as large corporations on a regular basis to provide and assist with currency exchange. I have demonstrated a high-level numeracy and accuracy skills, whilst working – more... in a time constraint environment that requires initiative and working autonomously, safekeeping of sensitive data of customers and the company, to maximise sales and KPIs.

I am a sound problem solver who works well in a team environment as well as independently. I am flexible in my approach to work and prepared for a challenging new career. I have excellent keyboard skills and experience in using a personal computer, as I have been using it for over 20 years in all aspect of my life, including good knowledge of the MS office suite, such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. – less
Poor job, poor pay
Global foreign exchange specialist (Current Employee), west midlandsNovember 17, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything.
Only been working at a supermarket bureau for a couple months. Horrific how Travelex treat their staff. Pressure to sell sell sell. and when we don't sell, or meet our targets asked why we haven't sold anything and treat it likes it our own fault. Pressure to sell Cash Passports and Travellers cheques and to talk to customers and ask them 1000 questions – more... before you can give the currency to customers. makes me and the customer feel uncomfortable.

meant to have 30 day checks where you talk to the team leaders. Had my 30,60,90 day review done in one day. didn't realise we had objectives to meet. and being "observed". which is stupid as the most time ive spent with my team leader was the doing my training (if you can call it that) when i first started the job. so i dont have a clue how i can be observed. I was then told my probation was to be extended for another month. This is due to not talking to customers even though my sales and product sales are up to scratch. so clearly im doing something right.

Recently was told that i had to transfer to another bureau. I have a drivers licence but don't have contact with a car. this will make my journey in total of approx 2 hours there and 2 hours back with a total of 6 buses. When asked if i could think about the fact i was moving to another bureau and get back to her with my answer was told "No, the decision has been made. You haven't a choice". I was left pretty fuming. as buses are not cheap, i would spend most of my wages on getting to and from work (what with the poor pay). Im a 21 year old who has just returned from University so income is important right now. Couple of phone calls later was asked if i was happy with the decision, i was not and told her so and said i was not moving to the other bureau. was told by my team leader that she would fight for me to stay at the bureau i am at. Couple of hours later got sent an email with a new rota in. Complety wiped out of the bureau i work at and added in the bureau they want me to work for. even after telling her i was not moving to the other bureau. Now its making me feel like that if i dont go to this other bureau that i havent got a job at the bureau im working for now.

all in all don't accept employment. I am trying to get out this mess but having no luck. – less
Meet fun interesting travelers, exchange their currency and hear great stories!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Newark, NJNovember 12, 2013
Great place to work, I met amazing travelers, learned about they countries they visited and had a overall great work experience.
Expectations that are so high you will never satisfy them
Team Leader (Former Employee), YorkshireNovember 8, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: senior management, little to no respect for any of their employees
Was running two bureaus that were nearly 20 miles apart, aware I didn't drive. Always hitting targets, no praise. Bullying by supermarket staff but it was our bureau that got the disciplinary. I would never work for them if I were you. There is almost nothing positive that I can tell you about this.
good work ambience
Terminal Duty Manager (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGOctober 23, 2013
Pros: the place of work and the colleagues
Cons: negotiations of buying and selling of currencies with the dealers
Open up the Bureau for the start of the working day, unlock the safe,ensure the tills are fully operational,and checked by the cashers that all the balances are correct.Import foreign exchange rates.
Buy and sell with dealers, with foreign monies and traveller cheques.
Impromptu checks on tills during the day to ensure the balance.
I learnt how to manage – more... as when I started I was a casher and worked my way to a managers postion very quickly on the recommendation of my Manager.
It was a very good atmosphere to work in due to hard working and flexible attitude of my staff. – less
I loved my job at Travelex fun to work there my boss was excellent
Worldwide Money Agent (Former Employee), Lambton Quay WellingtonOctober 20, 2013
Pros: just the two of us in the kiosk, a very enjoyable job
Cons: travelling 50km making it a 12 hour day, reason for leaving.
Selling foreign exchange cash and travellers cheques.
Balancing all money daily
Drafts, TT’s and overseas monies (Travelex products)
Processing Corporate Customers orders
Opening UK Bank accounts for customers.
Daily Banking
Making up all stationery packs required
Sending out daily exchange rates to Corporate Customers
Ordering Stationery.
Looking after – more... all customer requests
Relieving at 120 Lambton Quay branch daily for 2 hours
I had done banking before for the BNZ, but only the cash side so I had to learn a lot more jobs ie drafts, tts, opening bank accounts
Saturday work was always so busy for one person to run
I loved working with my boss, we had a great repour, and the customers were great – less
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), memphis, tnOctober 10, 2013
Pros: awesome work environment
Very flexible work hours
management was great
Very understanding manager
self paced learning environment
Foriegn currency exchange
basic business services, such as western union transactions, storage, etc...
Great place to work most of the time
TMA (Current Employee), GloucesterSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: free parking
Cons: not enough praise
Management expect a lot from you at all times they expect you to cover another bureau even if it is 4 hours away and get frustrated when you make a little error.

But when you do get something correct or sell loads of there products you get no praise. But when they do give you an award for doing well they don't fulfill it. which makes you think why – more... do I even bother trying either way you get nothing.

When customers complain you get in trouble like its your fault just so they have someone to blame for the situation.

Best thing about the job is the free parking at the supermarket! – less
Always interesting.
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Newark, New JerseyAugust 31, 2013
There is never a dull moment as I work in the airport so there are always new challenges and interesting travelers to look at.
A business that recognises successful team members
Management (Current Employee), UKJuly 29, 2013
A business that recognises successful team members.
Fast paced business with evolving process/procedures in place to cope with rate of growth.
Wide variety of colleagues from all walks of life make it an ejoyable experience.

1 2 3

About Travelex

Foreign exchange is at the heart of our business. We make at least one foreign exchange transaction a second which means that – Read more

Travelex Photos