Travelers

Travelers Employee Reviews

Great enviorment for a call center
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 1, 2015
Great environment with a professional setting. Most of the people are very upbeat and very willing to help new people with any questions.
Stable Environment
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 31, 2015
Travelers is a stable, family friendly company to work for. Unfortunately, with the stability comes a lack of need for growth within the company. They provided all necessary materials and funds for licensing as well as on the job, paid training.
Pros
Health benefits, Stable environement
Cons
Difficult to grow or shadow within the company
My experience at Travelers Has Taught Me To Adapt To Constant Change In Guidelines And Procedures In The Insurance Industry
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middleboro, MAAugust 23, 2015
My experience at Travelers has provided me with the knowledge and skills which have allowed me to be a productive member of the group and in the insurance business environment.
Pros
I am fortunate to have worked with a supervisor that allowed me to grow and develop.
Great company for internship
Strategic Planning & Execution Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 19, 2015
I had a blast.

My team was amazing, nurturing and displayed a family spirit with each other. Personal growth is a must.
Supportive management and great opportunities for advancement.
Awful
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, OhioAugust 17, 2015
Horrible place to work. Heavy workloads-- management is clueless and doesn't care. Lack of training.... unable to keep up-- awful!!
Pros
Cons
work load, management, lack of training
Good Management
Associate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2015
Working for Travelers as a whole is a wonderful experience. The only thing I would advise is if you are looking to be promoted quickly it will not happen. There is a lot of red tape to go through.
to much balony
Support specialist (Former Employee) –  inside the buildingAugust 11, 2015
Something is wrong there. I choose to find a job I liked more. Management was way off . We had to bring paper towels in to the kitchen to wear jeans on Friday. They were too cheap to buy paper towels for the kitchen! That should sum things up.
Good company with moderate benefits
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYAugust 5, 2015
Work environment is positive, but most positions within the company (excluding management) are repetitive and tedious. Everything is measured and calculated to determine your advancement. Time utilization is closely monitored. Not a company for everyone, but there are some positive things such as generous PTO, full benefits and good flexibility for time off when requested.
Collaborative culture, inclusive management, good place to work.
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJuly 28, 2015
Travelers is a solid company with excellent opportunities for growth. They believe in collaboration, and value employees from all levels of the organization, as well as their Contractors.
Corporate America with a nice Acidic Twist
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 25, 2015
Travelers is a very strong and financially based insurance provider. Their numbers are all driven by bundling their policies, otherwise they won't most likely insure you. They are driven by a conservative, but powerful approach to their business, which has certainly paid dividends in the long haul.

As for the company's working atmosphere, I would say that it is pretty much your run-of-the-mill corporate company. A lot of policies instituted by HR representatives who have absolutely no idea how anything works, except explaining how you messed up. A lot of times the company can send mixed messages. Management doesn't always make it clear when you are succeeding or failing and often times they will let you put the noose right around your neck before they come in and say anything.

Morale at this place, especially in Hartford is very, very somber. A lot of people don't even pick their heads up as you walk by them, and most people seem like they are just too busy to even talk with you (unless you scheduled a meeting with them). A lot of people who work there, have been there for TOO LONG. They have horrible work ethics, and legitmately no care for the greater good of the company. I mean it is great to retain people for 40+ years, but at the same time Travelers will never see people stay more than 10 years at the current rate their at.

Metrics and many other things are how this place works, but it really boils down to how well you are connected. Much like a lot of other places. Politics and red tape rule the day.
Pros
Compensation is great, advancement is decent, corporate leadership is very fiscally responsible
Cons
Morale, Metrics, High Turnover, Poor Team Spirit

Want to know more about Travelers?

Ask a question
Good Place to work
Analyst - Corporate Finance (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 25, 2015
Very good place to work, offers lots of opportunity. decent work life balance Not the best area to work in, Hartford doesn't offer much in the form of lifestyle
Top Technology stack
Java/J2EE Programmer (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 24, 2015
A good place to learn and grow with technology, as all latest technologies are incorporated meticulously. Very Positive environment and best work - life balance I have seen.
This was a very good company to work for and would probably still be there if I had not been laid off due to decrease in claims in assigned area
Claim Representative/Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leland, MSJuly 23, 2015
I was a insurance claims adjuster and handled multi line claims with specialty on investigating, evaluating, negotiating and settling bodily injury claims.
Each day was different depending on new claims. I never new if I would be in office or in the field each day. I negotiated claims with attorneys and claimants each day and would review insurance policies, determine coverage, issue any denial or coverage issue letters and issue settlement payments. I did all the clerical duties myself as I worked out of my house.
The hardest part of job would to have set up 5-10 appointments in the field and then when I was meeting with someone I would get another claim and required to make contact within an hour.
I would assist other claim representatives with legal and claims evaluation.
We had a good group of employees and supervisors. I was laid off after 26 years, and 2 company mergers, as were most of my co-employees I worked with all these years.
Pros
Working mostly independantly out of my house
Cons
On call 7 days a week
great place to work
Work WC Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2015
I have been working for travelers for 5 years. Good company, with great value. Career advancement will depend on which department you work in, and who you know. Ultimately if you have good results, you will be advanced.
fun place to meet people
Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 10, 2015
If you like sales it was a great opportunity. Also you have the available to make good money. Plus they put you through a great training program. But if you don't like sales then this probably isn't the job for you.
Pros
training program, people
Cons
sales
Company is solid to work for
MANAGER OF INFORMATION DELIVERY (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 8, 2015
Travelers is a solid company to work in all aspects. Average compensation, very good job security, but also very slow in some regards. The culture (relative to the way operations & technology are considered) is outdated.
Productive and Flexible environment
Quality Assurance Analyst, CL (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 19, 2015
Travelers was a great experience for me and it allowed me to grow in a corporate space and also introduced me to a lot of my strengths.
Pros
Flexible with time and had great benefits and PTO
Cons
Downsizing in departments and lack of job security
It's a paycheck, not a rewarding career
Claim (Current Employee) –  NortheastJune 16, 2015
Extremely limited chance of advancement. Some have been here for decades and still have no chance of being anything other than an "individual contributor". The company just moves existing managers around instead of promoting anyone. Layoffs, layoffs, as more and more work is outsourced, either offshore or to other vendors/locations. Morale is in the toilet. Leadership doesn't care as long as the cogs keep turning - and that's all you will be - a cog in the machine. Only thing keeping me here is the money & benefits. Honestly, I hate going to work every day.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Miserable place to be
Productive and hardworking coworkers and managers
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJune 15, 2015
A typical day at work includes paying bills due to providers, entering new work comp claims, reviewing correspondence, transferring claims to time loss, answering phone calls, authorizing treatment requests,ect. Everyday is different but very productive and managed well. Great company to work for, but I am moving to live with my boyfriend who works in North Dakota and we will be living in Williston. Great pay and benefits.
great experience
Insurance Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2015
Awesome benefits and provided excellent work experience. Provided continual education classes for license. Updated constantly on software changes. Great work environment.