Travelers Employee Reviews

Still working through Merger with Dominion
Enterprise Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 November 2016
This merger has been in the works for 4+ years now and they have yet to get it right. Most brokers are not supportive of Travelers regardless of the products they offer. Morale within the company is horrible, they can't get people in the doors to fill positions that are available as most in the industry know the challenges of the merger.
Cons
Management is not leading this company in Canada.
Was great, but not now
Operations (Former Employee) –  Varied22 November 2016
Driven by the US looking for increased earnings per share at whatever cost. Circling around problems without fixing them, even though solutions were provided. Morale is at an all time low,
Pros
Good benefits but paid in large part by employees. Matching RRSP program.
Cons
No appreciation. Impersonal.
Lots of learning for the insurance accounting role
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2016
As a job work/life balance place, Travelers Insurance is a place to learn and grow. I like my team, small but we work as a close team together to get things done.
Contract
Sr. Admin. Asst to the Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2016
I worked as the Executive Assistant for the CIO. This was a very dry environment for me. I assisted the Human Resources Department with scheduling interview appointments and assisted with employee relations within our department.
Unique work experience
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 February 2016
I was contracted there to answer incoming calls and process credit card payments. There was little to no training on their systems and procedures. Very unorganized management system and no leadership group.
Pros
great co-workers, great hours, great base pay
Cons
horrible management, no training, no support group for help, very unorganized
Amazing work environment
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 February 2016
System support management is the best. the managers as well are very supportive and helpful. i would recommend this company
Good
QA Manager/Scrum Master/Program QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
Good workplace, warm atmosphere, new and advance tools used. Agile implementation happened from the scratch giving a scope of learning opportunity.
Fun part of contracting Challenges presented to you everyday,
Unix/linux and storage admin (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2015
every co. expecting more from you and presented more challenges in front of you, e.g integration of UNIX Authentication, automation of OS administration, scripting to pull information for pre-migrations,
manage your time during migration and OS admins specially during Production changes along with eleventh hrs hurdle and handle them in time. enjoyable part is during change let others know what I m expecting from you to completes my steps of change and sometime guide them during the changes. help me learn more quick ..
Pros
free food of course
Cons
to get approval in times
Just OK
Claim Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto23 February 2015
The company used to be great place to work. The culture has shifted dramatically within the last nine months. Great for people who love to work. Not so great for people who have other interests outside of work.
A rewarding place of work in a flexible yet structured environment.
SENIOR UNDERWRITER GENERAL INSURANCE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2014
For the last 8 years of the 13 I have been employed with Travelers, formerly The Dominion, I have worked in a home office setting. I have structured hours where I answer telephone calls and emails from brokerages, co-workers and other industry related contacts. I also assess risk and determine whether it is a fit based on company philosophy and underwriting criteria. I work with an excellent team and a very supportive manager, and thoroughly enjoy the balance between the social and technical sides of the position. I look forward to working either outside the home, or in a home office atmosphere.
x
IT Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2014
Travelers took over The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company in November of 2013. My colleagues were excellent to work with.
Awesome manager
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  March, ON11 January 2014
Great team and an awesome manager. Unfortunately we were acquired by Travelers and things are going south (literally)