Travelers Employee Reviews in Canada

Lots of learning for the insurance accounting role
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2016
As a job work/life balance place, Travelers Insurance is a place to learn and grow. I like my team, small but we work as a close team together to get things done.
Contract
Sr. Admin. Asst to the Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 21, 2016
I worked as the Executive Assistant for the CIO. This was a very dry environment for me. I assisted the Human Resources Department with scheduling interview appointments and assisted with employee relations within our department.
Good
QA Manager/Scrum Master/Program QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Good workplace, warm atmosphere, new and advance tools used. Agile implementation happened from the scratch giving a scope of learning opportunity.
Amazing work environment
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 26, 2016
System support management is the best. the managers as well are very supportive and helpful. i would recommend this company
Unique work experience
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 16, 2016
I was contracted there to answer incoming calls and process credit card payments. There was little to no training on their systems and procedures. Very unorganized management system and no leadership group.
Pros
great co-workers, great hours, great base pay
Cons
horrible management, no training, no support group for help, very unorganized
Fun part of contracting Challenges presented to you everyday,
Unix/linux and storage admin (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 27, 2015
every co. expecting more from you and presented more challenges in front of you, e.g integration of UNIX Authentication, automation of OS administration, scripting to pull information for pre-migrations,
manage your time during migration and OS admins specially during Production changes along with eleventh hrs hurdle and handle them in time. enjoyable part is during change let others know what I m expecting from you to completes my steps of change and sometime guide them during the changes. help me learn more quick ..
Pros
free food of course
Cons
to get approval in times
Just OK
Claim Professional (Current Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 23, 2015
The company used to be great place to work. The culture has shifted dramatically within the last nine months. Great for people who love to work. Not so great for people who have other interests outside of work.
x
IT Audit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 1, 2014
Travelers took over The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company in November of 2013. My colleagues were excellent to work with.
A rewarding place of work in a flexible yet structured environment.
SENIOR UNDERWRITER GENERAL INSURANCE (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2014
For the last 8 years of the 13 I have been employed with Travelers, formerly The Dominion, I have worked in a home office setting. I have structured hours where I answer telephone calls and emails from brokerages, co-workers and other industry related contacts. I also assess risk and determine whether it is a fit based on company philosophy and underwriting criteria. I work with an excellent team and a very supportive manager, and thoroughly enjoy the balance between the social and technical sides of the position. I look forward to working either outside the home, or in a home office atmosphere.
Awesome manager
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  March, ONJanuary 11, 2014
Great team and an awesome manager. Unfortunately we were acquired by Travelers and things are going south (literally)