Org Marketing Statement
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You
Manages overall administrative strategy for Canadian facility operations, including real estate, health & safety, records management, procurement, and security. Working in conjunction with Corporate Facilities, develops and maintains programs that ensure cost-efficiency, smooth integration between functions, and clear executive direction across Canada.
- Managing an experienced team of 2-3, key responsibilities are as follows:
In conjunction with Corporate Real Estate & Facilities Team:
- Provide day-to-day service and delivery of real estate projects, leasing activities/administration and general facilities management services.
- Develop and implement real estate solutions that align with and support the overall business strategy.
- Manages relationship with local landlords, external vendors and contractors related to day-to-day administration and projects for local building space to gain maximum service at the lowest possible cost.
Health & Safety:
- Provide advice and guidance in respect of Health & Safety legislation so that the Company is aware of best practice guidelines.
- To liaise with and advise the Health & Safety Committee so that the Company is aware and kept up to date in respect of current and future developments.
- To draft and implement policies and procedures to ensure that the Company is compliant with Health & Safety legislation and requirements at all times.
- To carry out Health & safety risk assessments and audits as necessary in respect of employees based in the office and at home and to follow up and take action where necessary in respect of findings.
- To provide information and guidance when required and as appropriate to staff on Health & Safety matters.
- To supply or procure training for staff in Health & Safety and related issues.
- To administer Health & Safety records for the Company to include updating and review of all such records.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of records management strategy programs, policies and procedures, including records retention schedules, that comply with corporate and statutory guidelines.
- Manages mail and shipping projects and serves as liaison between postal service, vendors and internal customers.
Administration & Procurement:
- Manages reception, mailroom duties, and passcard administration
- Responsible for coordination and timely administration of all facility related payables including accurate account coding, timely payment and compliance review on pricing and vendor responsibilities.
- Coordinate annual refresh, monitoring and implementation of Corporate Business Continuity Plan
- Coordinates with Corporate Security to establish physical security standards and provides recommendations as to physical security and installations.
- Enthusiastic self starter
- Passionate about customer service
- Strong team and interpersonal skills
- Exercises good judgment
- Effective written and oral communication
- Flexible and comfortable with change
Education / Work Experience:
- A post-secondary degree and a Facilities-related Certificate from a recognized institution.
- 10 or more years related experience in a medium-to-large corporate setting.
- Previous leadership experience managing small-to-medium sized teams (3-6 individuals)
- Previous experience preparing and managing budgets and familiarity with accounting is preferred.
- Well-experienced in dealing with vendors, suppliers and contract maintenance personnel.
- Familiar with implementing and maintaining appropriate Health & Safety polices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of Building Systems, construction practices and procurement processes.
- Proven ability to develop and lead both large and small projects from conception to implementation and evaluation.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job, but are intended to accurately reflect principal job elements.
To Apply visit:
Job ID: 808506