Solid Reputation. Passionate People. Endless Opportunities.
We are one of the leading insurance companies in North America. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
TRAVELERS Canada is hiring for an Underwriter in our Home Warranty Underwriting department. As the market leader in the BC Home Warranty market, Travelers Canada is expanding into the Alberta market and are looking for key people to drive this expansion. This position reports to the AVP - Underwriting in the Vancouver office, and will have a focus on attracting builder applications, underwriting the new accounts; maintaining client relationships and assisting the underwriters and technical representatives with development of new business and servicing the existing clients.
- Assess and monitor a portfolio of accounts, which includes risk analysis, recommendations, renewals and file administration
- Knowledge of Travelers Canada’s underwriting guidelines, departmental product lines, internal processes, standard forms, contract documentation, and lines of authority and responsibility
- Ability to apply underwriting criteria to assess risk, conduct a financial analysis, and make underwriting recommendations on new and existing accounts
- Understand the provisions of the New Home Buyers Protection Act and Regulations and the Condominium Property Act, including the requirements for home warranty coverage and deposit protection that involve the New Home Buyers Protection Office.
- Prepare warranty documentation within the bounds of authority and ensure the accuracy of all documents issued by Travelers Canada
- Possess a complete knowledge of all Travelers Canada warranty products with the ability to market effectively to new and existing clients
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with builders without compromising underwriting principles
- Completion of a university degree, preferably in a business discipline or economics, is preferred.
- Previous underwriting, lending, or credit analysis experience
- Prior work experience in residential construction or real estate industry is an asset
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office
- Shows solid business judgment and pursues only those opportunities that fit the focus of Travelers Canada
- Weighs alternatives, meets commitments, and accepts accountability
- Capacity for functioning well in a team environment with the ability to show initiative
- Strong Sales or Relationship Management experience
To apply for this position please apply via the company website: http://www.travelerscanada.ca/about-us/careers.aspx
Job Opening ID: 809203
Candidates will be reviewed by Human Resources. Only those applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be recommended for interview by the hiring manager.
Indeed - 18 months ago
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities.
That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record...