Reports To: Manager, Accounts Payable
Follow established protocols in the execution of responsibilities to optimize the efficiency of the department by helping to resolve escalated issues. Provide support to team members and consistently ensure payments are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
Key Results and Activities:
1. Process payments for your designated accounts in a timely fashion and ensure prompt resolution of payment difficulties.
1.1. Prepare weekly cheque runs and ensure accurate and on time payment for regular and EBB payments based on contract resume supplied by Product Department.
1.2. Resolve all payment queries promptly
1.3. Provide timely response to supplier inquiries regarding status of payment
1.4. Maintain up to date and organized contract binders and files
1.5. Collaborate with Manager to resolve discrepancies between payment disbursements and contract information
1.6. Execute manual overrides of all contract rates not accommodated within the TTS system and subsequent adjustments
1.7. Audit all cash deposits/marketing contributions to ensure the disbursements are correctly coded in the G/L. Ensure all disbursements are accurate
1.8. Determine when cash deposit/marketing contributions must be recovered through a secondary environment rather than a primary environment. When necessary, rebuild balance of deposit in the secondary environment
1.9. Recover and monitor supplier cash deposits/marketing contributions and report any outstanding balances to Manager on a monthly basis
1.10. Record advance deposits for Customer Service refunds, voucher deductions, hotels and ground handlers as they pertain to individual destinations. Coordinate with accounts receivable to clear outstanding account balances
1.11. Recoup all advance deposits and advertising contributions prior to contract deadlines established in the Product Department and provide weekly updates to Manager as requested
1.12. Review reports of actual payments to ensure accuracy
2. Establish and implement procedures to ensure smooth running of daily operations.
2.1. Execute established implementation of new programs within the department
2.2. Work closely with Manager to ensure programs are built and run properly
2.3. Ensure contracts are built and maintained within the TTS system to facilitate accurate accounting payments and financial reporting
2.4. Liaise with the Groups Department to ensure that all contracts are correctly coded
3. Develop and maintain inter-company relationships.
3.1. Liaise with suppliers on a daily basis in order to meet requirements and solve problems
3.2. Investigate and resolve problems as they arise; escalate to Lead or Manager as required
4. Other Duties as Assigned.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, Attributes Required
- Sound knowledge of accounting practices
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Proficient in computer applications – Word, Excel and TTS
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- 3 years experience in accounting and travel industry
Effort (Physical/Mental Effort)
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure
- Ability to prioritize tasks to maximize productivity