Travel Cuts

Travel Cuts Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and fun work place
Travel Consultant (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 2, 2013
Pros: doing something i love to do (plan trips!)
Cons: can become long or exhausting days
A typical day at Travel Cuts is making sure you are up to date on everything such as World News to know whats going on outside of our office and so we also have more knowledge to give our clients. And also of course to keep up to date on clients profiles and making sure to follow up on them before and after their trip, flight, tour, etc... I learn something – more... new every day! For instance the best routes to take on journeys to say like Sydney, Australia. My co-workers are very easy to get along with and work with. They are very patient and answer any questions I may have in detail or just tell me random facts and bits of information that I may need later on in the business. The hardest part of the job for me is to overcome objections because I really want to make the sale. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I help someoone get on their flight home or go on their dream vacation. – less
Horrible Experience
Travel Agent (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 5, 2012
Pros: steady days
Cons: poor management
I was hired on to work for a travel CUTS in Ontario and it was what I call a dream crusher.
Its hard these days to find a good travel agent job as the internet allows everyone access to book their own travel plans, so naturally I was excited to get the job.
The hours offered to me sounded great 9-5 mon-fri and of course they offered some great vacation – more... incentives after 3 mths.
The pay was almost minimum wage with a quota attached, but the offer of receiving commission after the quota was met sounded great.
The first day of work I was informed they would be cutting my hours from 40 to 20 for the first 2 months due to the fact it was slow season. They informed me they would have told me in my interview but they had JUST decided this.
At around my 3 mth mark I was told I needed to go out of town to head office and meet the staff, downtown Toronto and I MUST stay at the Hilton across the street but not to worry because they had a corporate account and the room would be paid for. Also that I needed to take the train there and they would reimburse me.
I told them I was not so comfortable going to a city alone without my car available to me.
When I arrived at the hotel I was informed there was no reservation for me and that I would need to give them a $600 deposit for my room. Which I didnt have due to the fact they were only paying min wage for 20 hrs a week.
After calling my manager on her cell phone after hrs she told me that someone must have forgot to fax the papers in, but that she was in bed and there was nothing she could do about the issue.
She told me to just come up with the $600 or basically sleep in my car.
She offered no numbers to contacts in the Toronto area and I was so happy I did not take the train. At this point I was asking myself what kind of Travel Agency forgets to book the hotel for their own employees.. I really couldnt afford a hotel so I decided to drive home.
I got fired the next day for not showing up to training. – less
Great place to work with great employees
Sales Associate/Campus rep (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 24, 2012
Pros: i love to travel and promote travel so it was a dream job
Cons: not a great salary, very few travel related perks compared to other travel agencies
I loved working at Travel Cuts. The manager and all of the staff there were extremely fun and helpful. It is a really good team environment in an industry that can be very competitive. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working there.